Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland (785 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by rago(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
The police in Lagos have arraigned a website designer, Ikechukwu Iwezor, in an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court for allegedly defrauding a blogger to the tune of N1.7m. The 28-year-old Iwezor was brought before the magistrate, Mrs. F.F. George, on Monday on three counts of fraud. The police said Iwezor and the blogger, Ola Akinlayo, met on Nairaland , a social media platform, sometime in September 2015, and started a discussion on website designs. PUNCH Metro learnt that after reaching an agreement, Iwezor obtained N1.7m from the blogger for the purpose of designing a website for him. Iwezor, however, reportedly fled to Abuja after the payment. Akinlayo was said to have reported the matter to the police after efforts to get his money back proved abortive. Our correspondent learnt that Iwezor was subsequently apprehended at Sauka, Abuja. A police prosecutor, Sergeant Innocent Odugbo, who arraigned him on three counts of conspiracy, obtaining money under false pretences and stealing, told the court that the offences were punishable under sections 409, 312 (2) and 285 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. The charges read in part, “That you, Ikechukwu Iwezor, between September 2015 and April 8, 2016 in Lagos, within the Lagos Magisterial District, did commit felony to wit: stealing and obtaining money under false pretences. “That you, with an intent to defraud, did obtain the sum of N1.7m from one Ola Akinlayo, on the pretext of helping him to design a website, a representation you knew to be false.” The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges. His counsel, Danielle Abbe, prayed the court to grant him bail on liberal terms, adding that he was innocent until proved guilty. The presiding magistrate granted the defendant bail in the sum of N300,000, with two sureties in like sum. She added that the sureties must show evidence of three years tax clearance and present their addresses to the prosecutor for verification.
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by rago(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
This involves one of our members here on nairaland. Pls mods, do the needful Lala
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by ammyluv2002(f): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked

So what will happen after the judge granted him bail?
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Pls do something about these scamming machines called scammers,Seun and the concerned mods. Wow,that money is damn too much,boys ain't smiling. Immediately he got hold of the money he dissapeared to Abuja,that is damned wickedness. That scammer no get joy at all.
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
I'm trying to imagine what kind of blogger that does not know his/her way to getting a genuine web designer...maybe it's just me.
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
source abeg
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by Engrobiorah(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
Source
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by Donald3d(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
All of you would be shouting scammer ,no proof of chat ,no evidence of bank transactions,nothing at all,
The truth is that in tech business,especially when you are freelancer ,issues with clients is inevitable,but it shouldn't be a constant occurence, I was supposed to train a Nairalander once, a lady we set a meeting things didn't go as planned and I waited for her and didn't hear from her at the set time, I had to proceed to something else, she came here and started shouting scammer, I didn't collect money from her ooo, just a meeting.
When people bring out claims that someone scammed you always put proof , images etc.
I also have dealings with a client recently somethings made me not to deliver on deadline , which is totally normal in buisness ,you can't deliver accurately all the time ,she was furious ,but I compensated her with extra service more than times two the worth of what she paid for and she is happy,Web designers ,graphic designers and freelancers generally please always attempt to resolve conflicts wether you are at fault or not,your image is very important in any buisness.
Re: Nairaland Man Duped Of 1.7 Milliona Naira By A Web Designer Also On Nairaland by rago(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Punchng com

(1) (Reply)

Crossing Goods From Cotonou To Lagos / AGO (Diesel): Tank Farm Delivery / Free Ebook Download: Top Fiverr Gigs To Offer With Little Or No Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.