Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin (666 Views)

Balogun-Fulani: We Paid Ransom For Our Freedom, Our Kidnappers Were Fulanis / Balogun-Fulani And Adekanye After Regaining Freedom (Photo) / Balogun Fulani-Ishola And Olabode Adekanye Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by metronaija2: 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki on Tuesday expressed deep sadness over the passage of the Balogun Fulani of Ilorin, Alhaji Mahmud Durosinlohun Atiku at the age of 76.

In a statement by his Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, in Abuja, Saraki described the death of the elder statesman as a personal loss to him and a colossal loss to the Ilorin Emirate, the Government and people of Kwara State and the entire country.

He stated that the contributions of the deceased to the development of Ilorin during his 15-year reign as Balogun in particular, and Kwara state in general cannot be quantified.

Saraki stated: "Alhaji Mahmud Durosinlohun Atiku was a friend and father to me. He was a complete gentleman. He was always prepared to give up what is dear to him so long as such sacrificial gesture would contribute to the peaceful and harmonious coexistence of the people in his immediate domain and that of Kwara State.

"He was an educationist par excellence who used his knowledge and wealth of experience to enrich the upcoming generation as a former Principal of the Government Technical College, Jebba.

"His achievements marked him out for higher offices among which was his appointment as the Daudu of Afon town by the Emir of Ilorin - a position he held till he was elevated to the post of the Balogun Fulani of Ilorin 15 years ago.

"On the political front, he was a progressive who ensured that peace reigned in the Emirate and beyond. As a committed peacemaker, he mediated and helped resolve several community disputes and clashes, among others.

"I am indeed pained by his demise. I shall sorely miss his fatherly advice and counsel. I give glory to Allah for his glorious life. He was a constant source of inspiration to me. I cannot believe he has departed so soon," he said.

The Senate President commiserated with the immediate family of the late Balogun Fulani of Ilorin, the Government and people of Kwara State, the Emir of Ilorin and the Ilorin Emirate's traditional council over the sad loss.

He prayed Allah to grant the late Balogun Fulani of Ilorin Alijanah Fidaus, and his immediate family and loved once the grace to bear the irreparable loss.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/08/saraki-mourns-balogun-fulani-of-ilorin.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by HungerBAD: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Rest in Peace Balogun.

Now to my question.

Are there Kwaran's here?Kwara is a very tricky State to define or even describe. Who are the real owners of Ilorin?is it the Yoruba's or the Fulanis?and if it is the Fulanis,where then are the Yoruba's there?

Another question is. Are all Yoruba's from Kwara part of the Afonja Descendants Union (ADU)? Who are the Kwaran's?and why is it difficult to actually call them Yoruba or Hausa?how can a people have such an identity crisis?

My questions are for pure Academic purposes only.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by Anticabal: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
Alright!
Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Your family will mourn you soon
thief
Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by onnenka: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Rest in Peace Balogun.

Now to my question.

Are there Kwaran's here?Kwara is a very tricky State to define or even describe. Who are the real owners of Ilorin?is it the Yoruba's or the Fulanis?and if it is the Fulanis,where then are the Yoruba's there?

Another question is. Are all Yoruba's from Kwara part of the Afonja Descendants Union (ADU)? Who are the Kwaran's?and why is it difficult to actually call them Yoruba or Hausa?how can a people have such an identity crisis?

My questions are for pure Academic purposes only.

There is no question here. Ilorin in particular is fully owned by Fulanis. They fought and conquered Yorubas years ago to claim Ilorin, courtesy of Afonja the traitor.

The rest of kwara is owned by different tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by HungerBAD: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
onnenka:
There is no question here. Ilorin in particular is fully owned by Fulanis. They fought and conquered Yorubas years ago to claim Ilorin, courtesy of Afonja the traitor.

The rest of kwara is owned by different tribes.

You mean there are more than two tribes in Kwara?I thought it was just Yoruba and a corrupted version of Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by 12Monkeys: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

You mean there are more than two tribes in Kwara?I thought it was just Yoruba and a corrupted version of Fulani.

Balogun Fulani of Ilorin sounds like a product of miscegenation between Fulani conqureres and their Yoruba slaves .

This is a bastard legacy .

An abomination only similar to a bat.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by onnenka: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

They also have Nupes and Baribas
Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by juman(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
People of that generation dying one after the other.
Re: Saraki Mourns Balogun Fulani Of Ilorin by HungerBAD: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
onnenka:
They also have Nupes and Baribas

Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Its A Pity: 700 Billlion Naira Spent On Niger Delta With No Actual Impact / Who Can Make Nigeria A Better Place Or Is There Any Spiritual Power Against it / BREAKING: Pensioners Mount Blockage In Benin, Protest Over 3-year Unpaid Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.