Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) (2764 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / 6 Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos With The Highest Number Fatal Accidents / A Nairalander's First Time Experience At The Beach With Pictures... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
I've been to few states in nigeria and I've heard so many comments and stuffs about lagos from people who haven't been to lagos.
So I've decided to highlight some few facts about lagos....

1) A PLACE WHERE BEING WISE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH[b][/b]
There are so many wise and smart people on the streets of lagos, slack a little bit and get left far behind.. you need to step up your game to succeed

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Henrydone: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
No dulling in eko!!
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
2)HUSTLE IS JUST INEVITABLE[b][/b]
The population is large, you've got no choice but hustle if you don't wanna starve to death.

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
3) TRUE FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND

YES! It's every man for himself, it's hard to meet people who wanna help or see you grow, if you find one, consider yourself lucky

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Henrydone: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
iamfree25:
2)HUSTLE IS JUST INEVITABLE[b][/b]
The population is large, you've got no choice but hustle if you don't wanna starve to death.
This one is locational.
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
4) THE YELLOW BUSES( trademark)
Funny as this may sound, the yellow buses has a lot to it, the drivers,conductors,agbero,alaaru,hawkers in traffic etc all belong to thi group, I'm sure most lagosian who use public transport must have had one or two encounter with these people.... be smart when dealing with them

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
5) MONEY IS VALUABLE
Now don't get me wrong, money is valuable everywhere but I think it has more value in lagos.... you see married men chasing bus conductors for 10naira change, every denomination is important... the struggle is real

1 Like

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
6) THE CITY WHERE WE USE TO SLEEP LESS
YES! Lagosians can testify to this

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
7) THE ELITES
Wanna see the wealthiest people, latest cars ideas,inovation, whatever come to lagos!

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
cool PACKAGING and SWAGGING
Most people tend to dress well, old,young....
You have to if you wanna fit in the society!

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
9) LAGOS PARTY
Even though we hustle from sunrise to sunset, we still find time to party hard! There's no party like the lagos party...

1 Like

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by WaleGent(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Eko ile ogbon
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Bonapart(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Very simple: lagos is no man's land undecided
I know afonjas are crying already after seeing that statement. Y'll can go and kiss python anyway
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Henrydone: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Bonapart:
Very simple: lagos is no man's land undecided
I know afonjas are crying already after seeing that statement. Y'll an go and kiss python anyway
Say it again it definitely won't change anything.
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 17, 2016
Overrated state.
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by Bifwoli: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
9th,10th and 11th characteristics of Lagos.

It was founded by the Portuguese.

The Brits built and developed most of it.

Igbos own a large chunk of its wealth.

(oh, and one more fact -makoko,ajengunle are no go areas)
Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nigeria is a useless country.

1 Like

Re: 9 Characteristics Of Lagos, I Mean The Real Lagos! (with Pictures) by iamfree25: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Nigeria is a useless country.
oh I can see you are from Japan abi?

(1) (Reply)

This Is Aguleri, Anambra State / Flooding in Victoria Island. How long will it remain? / Duped To Study Abroad! ! !then Read This(urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.