Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State (564 Views)

Five Die In Imo After Taking Local Gin / N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State / 80 Years Old Woman Says Local Gin (kaikai) Is A Gift To Humanity From God(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State by metronaija3: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Four people have been sent to their early graves on Tuesday after consuming local liquor popularly called “ogogoro” in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Reports had it that three of the victims gave up the ghost immediately while the remaining one died later after taking the drink which is suspected to contain high concentration of ethanol

The vendor of the liquor, Mr. Salako Taloju, a gate-man has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command.

Mr Taloju who was heavily drunk to stupor when he was arrested was said to have pleaded not guilty of any crimes as he said he took part out of the drink but he is still alive.

“We have been drinking together for a long time. I do not know why they have to accuse me now of killing them, I have even taken out of the liquor and nothing happened.”

“I don’t want my boss to get angry with me. He had warned me on several occasions not to drink again but I refused,” Taloju who is presently sobering up in Police net said.

Meanwhile, the Police said investigations have commenced to know the cause of the death of the four victims as they added that all those who have a hand in their deaths will be brought to book.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/08/local-gin-known-as-ogogoro-kills-4.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State by ademega(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2016
what a man knows how to consume kills him often time
Re: Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State by ChappyChase: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2016
Na wah oo...
Re: Local Gin Known As ‘ogogoro’ Kills 4 People In Ogun State by chris2face(m): 9:28am On Aug 17, 2016
I think is because of that high concentration of ethanol
Ogogoro can't possibly kill,I have someone take it in excess and the guy is still living

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Type Of Cake? / Persto Dual Deep Fryer Onsale At Micostar Mall / Food Hygiene As An Important Aspect Of Food Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.