Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigerians Must Get Better. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Must Get Better. (306 Views)

Causes Of Poverty In Nigeria - Every Nigerians Must Read This / What Nigerians Must Do To Get UN Jobs - Official / Things Nigerians Must Do To Naira Stronger Against Dollar.. You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Get Better. by hoyze24: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2016
Nigeria: The only country we can truly call our own. The nation is currently fazed with numerous challenges ranging from insecurity to mass unemployment, devaluation crisis, militancy in oil producing regions, corruption to mention a few. I would have loved to include bad governance but these problems could only be found in a badly governed nation. Despite these challenges which has hit the majority of the populace so hard, some Nigerians are still flourishing outside government budget, startups are everywhere and opportunities keep abounding by the day. With a population of over 150 million, multicultural, multi-religious and hardworking citizenry, we don't deserve to be in this mess. Whatever happened to the saying that with more challenges come more opportunities to succeed. A time like this to me seems the best for Nigerians especially young minds to hit the bull's eye and take it by the horn. It's obvious past administrations have failed to deliver one-tenth of electoral promises since inception of democracy, the present one doesn't seem to be any good as well. All we'd seen is unemployment rate getting high like it's on weed and more dependence on oil as the only source of revenue despite its crashing price in the international market. I can go on and on mentioning how things had gotten worse with our nation but let's not dwell on that, we're made for better things. The point I'm driving at is that I want youths to stop thinking about what government would do for them And focus on how value can be added to the country through them, I know this might not go down well with a lot of people. I'm not unaware that things are hard and conditions are not enabling but think of the many Nigerians making things happen still, this should be enough source of motivation. If we could all be persistent in whatsoever we find ourselves doing, then a better Nigeria is just about to emerge. We'll become better individuals. START SOMETHING TODAY INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THAT WHITE COLLAR JOB THAT MIGHT NEVER COME, even the government preach this. Learn a skill, start a trade or enrol for a training course. Starting is definitely the hardest part, ensure whatsoever you're into is value oriented. Think of ideas that can make that neighbour's life better and work on It, people faraway will require your services soon. Finally, I would urge more youths to come into agriculture which I'm currently into and doing well. Channel those ideas into this sector and you'll forever thank me.
OLUWADUSI SEGUN.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Most Ambitious Computer Coding Initiative To Train 500,000 African Programmers / Nigerians Are Hungry, Okogie Tells Buhari / Advice To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.