Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' (977 Views)

Wes Goodman Caught Having Sex With Man In Office, Faces 30 Sexual Accusations / See What Muamar Gaddafi Did To Libya That Make The US Killed Him / Women Kneeling Before A White Man In Uganda. Photo Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2016

Arab communities in the United States are in shock after a Lebanese-American man was shot and killed by a neighbour who had allegedly used violence and racial slurs against the family for years.

Khalid Jabara, 37, was shot and killed on his front porch in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Friday.

The family's neighbour, 61-year-old Stanley Vernon Majors, was arrested and he is expected to be charged with first-degree murder later this week, Tulsa police said in a press release.

"My family lived in fear of this man and his hatred for years," read a family statement shared online by Jabara's sister, Victoria Jabara Williams, on Monday.

Majors was awaiting trial for aggravated assault after allegedly hitting Jabara's mother, Haifa, with his car last September, which caused her numerous injuries. He was released on bond in May.

"Only 30 minutes prior to my brother's shooting, Khalid called the police stating this man had a gun and that he was scared for what might happen. The police came and told him there was nothing to be done," the family’s statement said.

The family said Majors repeatedly used anti-Arab slurs against them, including calling them "dirty Arabs", "filthy Lebanese", "Aye-rabs", and "Mooslems".

A spokesperson for the Tulsa police department told Al Jazeera it was too early in the investigation to say whether Majors will be charged with a hate crime.

Police confirmed in a statement that officers had responded to a call from Jabara the evening he was killed. "Officers arrived at the location and were unable to locate any criminal activity. Officers then left the scene," the police said.

Tulsa police also confirmed that Jabara's mother had a protective order out against Majors, which ordered him to stay away from her and her home, and that he had "a criminal history" with his neighbours.

"Today, in our pain, we are also keenly aware that this is not just another murder to be added to crime statistics. Our brother's death could have been prevented. This man was a known danger," the family’s statement read.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/man-killed-suspected-anti-muslim-hate-crime-160816191517636.html
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by madridguy(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2016
Inna lilahi Waheena ilehin rajihun.

2 Likes

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by omaiyale: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2016
Donald Trump well done, keep bringing out the worst in people

2 Likes

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by sinkhole: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2016
I really think that he who killed must be arrested and properly prosecuted bit that nothwithstanding, I am just wondering what will happen if any muslim kills a christian (whether Arab or not) in say, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc, not for any reason but for just being a christian?
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by Emyogalanya: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2016
My response will come after mooselims say something about the Christians killed recently in north nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2016
sinkhole:
[s]I really think that he who killed must be arrested and properly prosecuted bit that nothwithstanding, I am just wondering what will happen if any muslim kills a christian (whether Arab or not) in say, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc, not for any reason but for just being a christian?[/s]

Shut up, bloody bigot!!

1 Like

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by sinkhole: 11:46am On Aug 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

Shut up, bloody bigot!!
I thought you ought to answer the question! Oh no, I forgot, it is only TNT that is in your head grin

1 Like

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2016
Emyogalanya:
[s]My response will come after mooselims say something about the Christians killed recently in north nigeria[/s]

Your response is useless and changes nothing. It reflects your lack of morals.

Read up and stop acting like an illiterate!

https://www.nairaland.com/1843878/shocking-reason-why-muslims-dont

1 Like

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2016
sinkhole:
I thought you ought to answer the question!
Oh no, I forgot, it is only TNT that is in your head grin

It is silly question designed to down play the death of man who was murdered by hateful individuals like yourself. What does a Saudi response have to do with a murder in America by an American? Bigot, only Hate blows in your brain. In Saudi several Christians work and live there and no one incite hate against them, it even have one of the lowest murder rates in the world compared to most Christian dominated country, but this is really not about religion but about hate pushing people to act in a despicable manner. Your failed upbringing couldn't help but throw religion into the mix. Shame!

4 Likes

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by sinkhole: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

It is silly question designed to down play the death of man who was murdered by hateful individuals like yourself. What does a Saudi response have to do with a murder in America by an American? Bigot, only Hate blows in your brain. In Saudi several Christians work and live there and no one incite hate against them, it even have one of the lowest murder rates in the world compared to most Christian dominated country, but this is really not about religion but about hate pushing people to act in a despicable manner. Your failed upbringing couldn't help but throw religion into the mix. Shame!
I mentioned three countries and u singled only one out (even though that one self no clean), what of that Islam-a-bad place called Pakistan where there indigeneous christians are killed at will?
You guys want to be free everywhere but you dont want anybody else to be free around you!
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by annunaki2(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is really wrong and all hate crimes should be condemned in the strongest possible terms. But this is what you get when muslim terrorists think they have monopoly of violence. More and more people are getting to hate islam and everything it stands for and things like this are bound to happen if the muslim world continues to play lip service with dealing with islamic terrorism. Fact is that muslims find it difficult to condemn islamic terrorism since it's an integral part of the sunnah of their 'prophet' thus their hypocrisy on the subject matter.
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by Oche211(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

Shut up, bloody bigot!!
what makes her a bloody bigot? She has just spoken the whole truth nd nothing bt the truth. Man, examine ur life cos u are the bloody bigot here.

2 Likes

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by adeusolu: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=sinkhole post=48557144]I really think that he who killed must be arrested and properly prosecuted bit that nothwithstanding, I am just wondering what will happen if any muslim kills a christian (whether Arab or not) in say, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc, not for any reason but for just being

Christains are killed every week in Pakistan just because they are Christians.

It is illegal to operate a church in saudia Arabia neither are you allowed to bring a bible into that country
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
Oche211:

what makes her a bloody bigot?
She has just spoken the whole truth nd nothing bt the truth.
Man, examine ur life cos u are the bloody bigot here.
It is a sorry case that a man of your age cannot speak the truth but act like cantankerous vile fanatic, tomorrow you and that shameless girl will be clapping your hands in church like you really understand what it means to serve God but your hearts are darker than every shade of black!
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by annunaki2(m): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

It is a sorry case that a man of your age cannot speak the truth but act like cantankerous vile fanatic, tomorrow you and that shameless girl will be clapping your hands in church like you really understand what it means to serve God but your hearts are darker than every shade of black!

If you say their hearts are darker than every shade of black, how will you describe your prophet who murdered and beheaded 900 jews in one day, raped little children and numerous sex slaves
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
annunaki2:

[s]
If you say their hearts are darker than every shade of black, how will you describe your prophet who murdered and beheaded 900 jews in one day, raped little children and numerous sex slaves[/s]

Fanatic, you bigotic attempts to down play an innocent man;s death at the hands of hateful individual like yourself wouldn't work.

1 Like

Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by annunaki2(m): 6:39am On Aug 18, 2016
vedaxcool:

Fanatic, you bigotic attempts to down play an innocent man;s death at the hands of hateful individual like yourself wouldn't work.

I already condemned the killing of man and I also condemned all hate crimes especially the ones inspired by islam. It should also not be lost on us that things like this are bound to happen as long as islam is allowed to perpetuate it's hatred for non muslims. Islam needs to be reformed and the quoran should burnt and completely done away with.
Re: Man In US Killed In Suspected 'anti-muslim Hate Crime' by vedaxcool(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2016
annunaki2:

[s]
I already condemned the killing of man and I also condemned all hate crimes especially the ones inspired by islam. It should also not be lost on us that things like this are bound to happen as long as islam is allowed to perpetuate it's hatred for non muslims. Islam needs to be reformed and the quoran should burnt and completely done away with[/s].

vedaxcool:

(1) (Reply)

Here's What It's Really Like To Be A U.S. Prisoner In North Korea / How Come Obama Promotes Homosexuality But Doesn't Admit That He's A Homosexual? / Dead People Voted In USA Election But That Would Not Invalidate Biden's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.