Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun (31733 Views)

Delta Women Protest Over Shops In An Unusual Manner (Photo) / Over 500 Traders Protest Handpicking Of P-G At Ogidi Building Material Market / Alaba Market Boils, Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by SaffronSpice: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:
that is why they(igbos) are revolting. Can Yorubas try it? Iyaloja is inherited and she can close the market for 1 week and nobody dares complain.
SMH
Is this how you save face?
By bluffing your way out with lies?
Face your tormentor, and leave what you know nothing about out of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Proffdada: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:
that is why they(igbos) are revolting. Can Yorubas try it? Iyaloja is inherited and she can close the market for 1 week and nobody dares complain. SMH
that's to the benefit of the marketers because yorubas are more connected by blood not money
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by drnoel: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:
So tinubu is god! that is the problem.

I am not Yoruba but yes Tinubu commands so much respect among most Yorubas that one could suppose that he is.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by snezBaba: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:
that is why they(igbos) are revolting. Can Yorubas try it? Iyaloja is inherited and she can close the market for 1 week and nobody dares complain. SMH
So this is cowardice you want to display.SMH for you people. angry

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by wellmax(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pavore9:
“Take for instance, the Vice President of the Amalgamated Traders Association is his boy. The financial secretary is his boy. The treasurer is his in-law. The public relations officer (PRO) is his brother, the task force chairman is his nephew, the store keeper is from the same town with him and the ward chairman is his boy.”..........Nepotism at its peak! angry
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by drnoel: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:

The last I heard Iyaloja was not inherited till Tinubu came into the scene. If I remember correctly when Tinubu's daughter was given the title marketers mostly of yoruba descent demonstrated and condemned it to no effect. Abeg, Tinubu is the god of the yorubas.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by wristbangle: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngalex:
As a Business Consultant i know almost all of them..The Man is the Eselu of Alaba what ever he says stands..Godfatherism is prevalent in all markets in Lagos esp the IGBO dominated ones such as TRADE FAIR,IDUMOTA AND ALABA..The money these associations rake in monthly is enormous and how the money is spent no body knows

Fixed
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by sekem: 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
NameChecker:
Traders in that section of the market, locked their shops to protest the overbearing influence of Chief Azubuike Ekwerekwu, aka Obosi, who they claimed had enslaved them over the years, by forcing them to pay through their noses in matters of security, shops and PSP, among others. They also accused him of ‘manipulating the elected executives’ to exploit them.

I came to check name grin

What will then be the fate of the New Biafra Republic if created?

Don't mind them. grin

They think B.I.A.F.R.A is the solution not knowing that the problem will always be the people with such dark and very wicked hearts.

If you have such people in your midst, most especially if such people are in a position of power, you will see no meaningful progress in whatever country you find yourself in.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by NameChecker: 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
sekem:

Don't mind them. grin

They think B.I.A.F.R.A is the solution not knowing that the problem will always be the people with such dark and very wicked hearts.

If you have such people in your midst, most especially if such people are in a position of power, you will see no meaningful progress in whatever country you find yourself in.

They should thank Buhari then grin

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by ehikwe22: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
people here talking nonsense. this is supposed to be a good sign that in Biafra oppression will not be condoned. Nigerians should wake up and stand against oppression of any sort. especially the zombies that have been enslaved mentally.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by destruction11: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Obosi is a rich and powerful man. His plaza (obosi plaza ) is what the protesting youth should burn down. I know him well, him gragra too much grin
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Perfecttouch(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngalex:
As a Business Consultant i know almost all of them..The Man is the Eselu of Alaba what ever he says stands..Godfatherism is prevalent in all markets in Lagos esp the IGBO dominated ones such as TRADE FAIR,IDUMOTA AND ALABA..The money these associations rake in monthly is enormous and how the money is spent no body knows
imagine what they are doing in another mans land. I think these people needs brain surgery. The meekness of a tiger is not that of a coward. The day wey Yorubas go change am for una big time na minus one day today. Imagine,they keep enslaving themselves and they want Biafra, I wonder what that Biafra will look like. They better take their stupidity back to their erosion ravaged lands

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by ifeanyi83(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
So it is very evident, that having an independent state is not the solution to our problem. They can't even be united in small Alaba market, how will they run Biafra?? Selfish lot.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Obynolee(f): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
enigma2007:

It needed to move to FP so that people can plan their journey before they get stuck in the middle of that fracas

There is peace now,since yesterday
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Profkomolafe(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
sholikay:
hmmmm.. obosi?...one of alaba market most powerful men... I could recall that, someone once narrated an incident where this same "obosi" ordered the whole alaba market or perhaps a particular market section,not to open their shop at a particular date.. he then brought a very expensive car that worth millions of naira to an open place in the same alaba market, then brought out a gun and then sprayed extreme amount of bullets into the car.. he threatened to shoot whosoever go against his order the same way he has done to the car.. (don't know if it is true incident)...
FTC
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by ANAKONDA: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
1. His boy
2. His boy
3. His brother
4. His nephew
5. His in-law
6. His towns man
7. His boy.
Obosi - 7 , Alaba market - 0.

But its not strange from ibo's perspective. Thats how they do their things - i before others.
Recollect that during APC's primaries in 2014, Rochas handed Imo state governorship ticket to his in-law for safe-keeping in case he lost his gamble for VP slot.
When he lost at the national level, he confidently went back home to retrieve his family's ticket.
Nobody in the entire state sneezed not to talk of denouncung him.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by tundexijim(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
NICENEDU29:

U should know dat right from time immemorial, Igbos don't tolerate nonsense, whether de person is their brother or not. They ar not people dat will see impunity & injustice & then keep quiet. They must react or voice out. That was partly what led to the civil war because they could not tolerate de maltreatment from de Hausas, hence, their decision to seceed. They believe so much in de Rule of Law, democracy, equality & justice. If u trace de history of Igbos u wil know dat it has always been like dat. In fact in de pre-colonial Nigerian Society, Igbos were the most democratic among all tribes. Rememba de popular Aba Women Riot of 1929 & its major causes. Evn up til today, dat strong democratic blood is stil in them, because to them, they strongly believe dat no one feeds or shelters de others; so why shuld one lord himself ova others? So, my dear, dat is one true & lovly fact u shuld always like de Igbos for, no mata what.

If u will be sincere with ursef, gej govt was known for impunity considering the looting spree and it's most supported by igbos maybe because he's ur brother tho.. That's by the way, yorubas always have a diplomatic way of solving problems which I think the igbos lack...
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Charles4075(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pavore9:
“Take for instance, the Vice President of the Amalgamated Traders Association is his boy. The financial secretary is his boy. The treasurer is his in-law. The public relations officer (PRO) is his brother, the task force chairman is his nephew, the store keeper is from the same town with him and the ward chairman is his boy.”..........Nepotism at its peak! angry
My brother, I tire for the matter.. Imagine that kind person come be president, na D.I.E. For everybody ohhh.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by enigma2007(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Obynolee:

There is peace now,since yesterday

Praise God o!
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2016
This type of occurrence is not peculiar to Alaba International. Go to Ladipo and other igbo-populated markets, there you will find an ibo man or two oppressing the other traders. When their fights erupts and the markets get closed, the ignorant outsiders and keyboard warriors will cone here to cry marginalization, or accuse the Lagos state government of selective victimization.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days / #10YearsChallenge: Femi Otedola Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Why You Have No Excuse To Be Broke!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.