Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? (2252 Views)

Sights From The University Of Ilorin / What Do You Think This Guy Is Studying In The University? / POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone. Please, a friend of mine intends to study social work in the university, but there is little information about the course. I'd like details from anyone who knows anything about the course please. Like, what it entails, where he can work and all. It's very urgent. Thank you as you answer. God bless you.
Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by babyfaceafrica: 6:26am On Aug 18, 2016
unilag offers social work...in the dept of sociology
Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
unilag offers social work...in the dept of sociology

I know. But what does the course entail and where can he (my friend) work?

Thank you for taking time out to answer. I really appreciate it
Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by ademiD(f): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2016
Kuzaku:

with the rate of unemployment in. the country, it pays more abroad...hope he has passion for it...he can work in schools, prisons, NGOs and all that. If you have real passion for it, u can set up something for yourself...
Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by ademiD(f): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2016
ademiD:
with the rate of unemployment in. the country, it pays more abroad...hope he has passion for it...he can work in schools, prisons, NGOs and all that. If you have real passion for it, u can set up something for yourself...
he should check about the course online and know somethings about it...not that he will start saying things about how he intended to study mass communication and decided to choose social work coz its less competitive in Unilag and now his GP is 1.1

1 Like

Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by babyfaceafrica: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2016
Kuzaku:

logically,volunteer work.....human resources...motherless babies home,charity......but in nigeria...anywhere
Re: Who Is Studying Social Work In The University Please? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2016
We know you're the person who wants to study it, so why saying your friend?

Anyway, you can work in schools, banks, organizations, etc. In Nigeria today, it's not all about what you studied. But it's important that you graduate with a good GPA, so that it can be easier to get jobs. You can as well get very good pieces of info from your Social Work lecturers or aspire to be like them.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Government College Hostel Burnt Down Completely By Illegal Fire / Udusok Implements Nuc Approved Scoring And Grading: E Is Now F / This Funny And Heartbreaking Waec Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.