Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? (1178 Views)

Airtel 2gb For 200naira Only / Airtel 20gb For 200naira Is Back And It Downloading Heavy Files On Opera Mini / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2016
Just wanna know...
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by omo17(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2016
NinjaX:
Just wanna know...

Yes but dey av changed it to 10days not 14days.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2016
Even if it does I won't patronise again.. I only used about 250mb out of d 2gb allocated to me bcoz of their sluggish 2g network

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2016
omo17:

Alright. What's the code then?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by donhils: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2016
NinjaX:

*482# Then select your preferred plan.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by omo17(m): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2016
NinjaX:

*482#. But remember it only works on 2g network nd very slow.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by adebayo89(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2016
NinjaX:
*482#
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2016
Ighoga898:
Even if it does I won't patronise again.. I only used about 250mb out of d 2gb allocated to me bcoz of their sluggish 2g network
Blame it on the network reception in your area.
In my area, Airtel and MTN network is considerably good for browsing and downloading at any time of the day, although night has an edge over day time being that the amount of internet users isn't much at night. Have downloaded a movie worth 318mb in just 3hours with airtel on 2G network.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2016
donhils:
*482# Then select your preferred plan.
adebayo89:
*482#
omo17:

Thanks guys.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Uyi168: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2016
omo17:

..At my location,its far from being slow o..
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by pizzle123(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Can I use dis plan on BB touch2
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Sphilip1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
omo17:

those people get fault oo. Upon the 2g, they still made it 10 days
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by omo17(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sphilip1:

those people get fault oo. Upon the 2g, they still made it 10 days

Imagine, funniest thing is dat dey won't notify u until u subscribe to it

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by piperson(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
NinjaX:

Blame it on the network reception in your area.
In my area, Airtel and MTN network is considerably good for browsing and downloading at any time of the day, although night has an edge over day time being that the amount of internet users isn't much at night. Have downloaded a movie worth 318mb in just 3hours with airtel on 2G network.

Can it be used on BlackBerry 10 devices?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
pizzle123:
Can I use dis plan on BB touch2
piperson:

Can it be used on BlackBerry 10 devices?
Yeah. Can definitely be used on any device capable of accessing the internet. All you have to do is ensure that network mode is in 2G.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Does The Airtel 2GB For 200naira Still Works? by Kinszee: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi All,

I have held suspicion that the rate at which my mobile data runs down does not reflect my use. Suspicion was initially nudged when I checked my data balance on a Saturday morning, 6th of August; Airtel replied with a message stating 707MB left. I then checked later in the day but this time around, it was 0MB!

I had not used data that Saturday and called customer care to complain. The attendant told me "if we have short changed you, your data would be refunded" and that was the end of it. Never heard from Airtel again.

I decided to monitor my data usage and downloaded the "Mobile Data Usage" app developed by Gibli mobile. The app allowed me measure my phone's data consumption by entering the valid period (e.g. 30 days), data limit (12GB) and date the validity starts. This way I would know exactly how much data my phone consumes per day and also which app consumes it.

On the 8th of August, I bought 12GB data valid for 30 days from Airtel and entered the required information on the app. On Friday 19th August, I decided to compareĀ  data balance on the app against Airtel's reported balance.

App: 8.7 GB Remaining
Airtel: 5.1 GB Remaining.

That's 3.6 GB less of what I should have!

This is where I hope you can help, I am at the moment alone and my evidence may be easily dismissed. But you can help spread awareness and ask people to monitor their data balance. An overwhelming outcry from consumers would make the network providers accountable.

Remember not too long ago, VolksWagen faced heavy fines in some countries for installing software to delibrately cheat motor vehicle emissions test. This is not beyond Nigerian Telecoms, we the consumers have to be our own watchdog and protect our interest.

I have attached screen shots showing data balance from Airtel and the App on Friday 19th August and also data balance sent by Airtel on Saturday 6th of August.

Hope this achieves its true purpose to raise desired awareness.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Specifications And Prices Of The New Xiaomi Mi Mix Mobile Phone / What 2g, G, E, 3g, H, H+, 4g Network Signs Mean [Including Their Maximum Speed] / Youtube For Android Rolls Out Speed Controls For Video Playback On Some Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.