Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country (1632 Views)

PES 2017 [PC] Gamers Lobby / Thread For Bullet Force FPS Gamers In Naija / Pc Gamers In Uniben (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Bryt07: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2016
As far back as fifa 2k2, Mortal kombat 3 , road rash, a lot of people have been used to getting pc games mostly through compact discs, and that wasn't much of a bother because it was very convinient because of their small sizes (100- 500mb) and easy installation also very pocket friendly smiley . But as time grew older, the white man introduced STEAM, SOCIAL CLUB, ORIGIN, these digital distribution platforms (DDP) are actually awesome and really revolutionary because of the services they provide, such as drm, social networking and cloud saving but most of the services they provide doesn't favour contries that are still struggling to maintain constant power supply, not to talk of having a reliable and readily available internet service that can keep up with their requirements.
With the advent of these digital distribution platforms, the pc gaming world changed. other developers and publishers followed suit, and this led to the rule of having an account with either (steam or socialclub e.t.c) to buy a game or activate it. Major reason for this development is to combat piracy and encourage social networking among gamers e.t.c, but mostly piracy smiley
This trend has continued for years now nd many people seem to be okay or have come to terms with it. As the fight against piracy grew stronger so did the size of AAA games over the years for example : The division - 40 gig free disk space , Gta 5 - about (60 - 70gig free space ( with updates and patches ) , then FIFA 17 (50 gig free space).
I feel game size should be a major concern and be treated as a problem, because even if you are buying the game online you still have to pay for about 50 or 60 gig worth of data, and with the economic recession data is very expansive and not even readily available, fifa 16 for example was 16 gig and now fifa 17 is 50 gig??
I really don't see good things coming in the direction of developing countries gaming wise, from my point of view, it is either the country improves to meet up with modern society or the game developers begin to put us in consideration and make their services more availabe.
What do you guys think about the new fifa 17 disk size??

Refrences : http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/take-look-fifa-17s-realistic-faces-pc-specs/

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/tom-clancys-the-division/13063

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7259281228
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by zzzzy: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2016
Itz just to get a separate 1tb hard drive exclusive to gaming o
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Bryt07: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2016
zzzzy:
Itz just to get a separate 1tb hard drive exclusive to gaming o
lol
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Lana1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bryt07:
As far back as fifa 2k2, Mortal kombat 3 , road rash, a lot of people have been used to getting pc games mostly through compact discs, and that wasn't much of a bother because it was very convinient because of their small sizes (100- 500mb) and easy installation also very pocket friendly smiley . But as time grew older, the white man introduced STEAM, SOCIAL CLUB, ORIGIN, these digital distribution platforms (DDP) are actually awesome and really revolutionary because of the services they provide, such as drm, social networking and cloud saving but most of the services they provide doesn't favour contries that are still struggling to maintain constant power supply, not to talk of having a reliable and readily available internet service that can keep up with their requirements.
With the advent of these digital distribution platforms, the pc gaming world changed. other developers and publishers followed suit, and this led to the rule of having an account with either (steam or socialclub e.t.c) to buy a game or activate it. Major reason for this development is to combat piracy and encourage social networking among gamers e.t.c, but mostly piracy smiley
This trend has continued for years now nd many people seem to be okay or have come to terms with it. As the fight against piracy grew stronger so did the size of AAA games over the years for example : The division - 40 gig free disk space , Gta 5 - about (60 - 70gig free space ( with updates and patches ) , then FIFA 17 (50 gig free space).
I feel game size should be a major concern and be treated as a problem, because even if you are buying the game online you still have to pay for about 50 or 60 gig worth of data, and with the economic recession data is very expansive and not even readily available, fifa 16 for example was 16 gig and now fifa 17 is 50 gig??
I really don't see good things coming in the direction of developing countries gaming wise, from my point of view, it is either the country improves to meet up with modern society or the game developers begin to put us in consideration and make their services more availabe.
What do you guys think about the new fifa 17 disk size??

Refrences : http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/take-look-fifa-17s-realistic-faces-pc-specs/

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/tom-clancys-the-division/13063

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7259281228
To be honest, i was really pained seeing Fifa 17 that big. The jump from 16gig to 50 gig is insane. The only hope for PC gamers in this country is if retailers starting importing the DVDs just as they do wit PS4 and Xbox1 or some form of fast unlimited internet services is made available at modest subscription rates. And i dont see any of these two solutions happening anytime soon. And the situation of the country is to blamed.

So many games dey my wishlist and download list for Origin and Steam that i cant buy yet cause of the nonsense exchange rates and lack of data to download it. This country is truly fûcked up.

But as e bad reach, i can never port to consoles. Never. Na to dey pray for a fast solution sure pass now
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by youngkhid(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Wat I pray for is dat American Internet Service Companies should find their way to Nigeria over Unlimited Internet is not expensive
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Lana1:
To be honest, i was really pained seeing Fifa 17 that big. The jump from 16gig to 50 gig is insane. The only hope for PC gamers in this country is if retailers starting importing the DVDs just as they do wit PS4 and Xbox1 or some form of fast unlimited internet services is made available at modest subscription rates. And i dont see any of these two solutions happening anytime soon. And the situation of the country is to blamed.

So many games dey my wishlist and download list for Origin and Steam that i cant buy yet cause of the nonsense exchange rates and lack of data to download it. This country is truly fûcked up.

But as e bad reach, i can never port to consoles. Never. Na to dey pray for a fast solution sure pass now

Never ke! cheesy you will implode and cave-in before Fifa 18 comes out. I have forseen ur future.
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Samtoby(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2016
This is exactly one of the reason why I switched to console.... PC gaming isn't becoming favourable to Nigeria anymore...

I remember spending close to 8K to download GTA5 with Etisalat (then) hourly plan and it's just 35GB file (before decompressed to 62GB).

Our network providers not encouraging gaming here in the country
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Samtoby:
This is exactly one of the reason why I switched to console.... PC gaming isn't becoming favourable to Nigeria anymore...

I remember spending close to 8K to download GTA5 with Etisalat (then) hourly plan and it's just 35GB file (before decompressed to 62GB).

Our network providers not encouraging gaming here in the country

Lol cheesy
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Dat one no concern me.

My only goal and vision in this forum is to see that Lana1 follows AKBliv010's footsteps and port to console
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by AKBliv010(m): 8:12am On Aug 19, 2016
I don't agree with the OP on this one. Your claim that PC games have now become inaccessible because of larger file sizes and requirements to be part of steam or origin is false. PC games are also available on DVD just like console games.

I agree though for gaming to improve power much be uninterrupted, this will drive everything else to exist. The transmission stations for reliable internet services need uninterrupted power supply.

Larger files can also mean that game devs new techniques to improve game image quality but it comes at a price.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Bryt07: 8:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Dat one no concern me.

My only goal and vision in this forum is to see that Lana1 follows AKBliv010's footsteps and port to console
lol pc is more expensive, but console is still a no no option.
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Bryt07: 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
AKBliv010:
I don't agree with the OP on this one. Your claim that PC games have now become inaccessible because of larger file sizes and requirements to be part of steam or origin is false. PC games are also available on DVD just like console games.

I agree though for gaming to improve power much be uninterrupted, this will drive everything else to exist. The transmission stations for reliable internet services need uninterrupted power supply.

Larger files can also mean that game devs new techniques to improve game image quality but it comes at a price.
lol some games are on cds, but those are the AA games and most people really don't care about them, but the AAA games, aren't on dvdz, even if they are, it'll just contain an activation code, like skyrim for instance, u can check online smiley
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Bryt07:
lol pc is more expensive, but console is still a no no option.

Dey there nah! You go use ur own mouth tie ur neck.

I'm still waiting for Lana1 for this zanga, to also decide on carrying the ministry to the permanent site.
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by AKBliv010(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Bryt07:
lol some games are on cds, but those are the AA games and most people really don't care about them, but the AAA games, aren't on dvdz, even if they are, it'll just contain an activation code, like skyrim for instance, u can check online smiley
That's right o, Rise of The Tomb Raider hasn't got a physical copy,....RIP DVD!

With Gears of War requiring 80GB and dual layer Blu-rays disc having a capacity of 50GB ..that won't be having a physical copy too...consoles will just have smaller texture packs to fit in. Does the Xbox One have a Blu-ray player? AFAIK the PS4 has it.
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Samtoby(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Lol cheesy

No be small thing, the annoying part is the game still didn't play smoothly on my PC, after spending that much..

I just use half money in my account get a new PS4 and have peace of mind..
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Lana1(m): 1:04am On Aug 21, 2016
Lol. Silkmoth33 no be say i hate consoles o. But i just cant see myself buying it. It just cant happen. I' just more comfortable with a pc.

And no amount of frustrations and huge game size would push me into making a switch.
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Lana1(m): 1:06am On Aug 21, 2016
Samtoby:

No be small thing, the annoying part is the game still didn't play smoothly on my PC, after spending that much..

I just use half money in my account get a new PS4 and have peace of mind..
U sef, why would u waste so much time and money downloading a game dat wont work on ur pc??
Its called system requirements for a reason. And u should ve checked dat first
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 21, 2016
Lana1:
Lol. Silkmoth33 no be say i hate consoles o. But i just cant see myself buying it. It just cant happen. I' just more comfortable with a pc.

And no amount of frustrations and huge game size would push me into making a switch.

AKBliv010 oh!

Come join me as I dey knee down

Come help me beg am!
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by AKBliv010(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Silkmoth33:

AKBliv010 oh!

Come join me as I dey knee down

Come help me beg am!

Lol..Lana1 has his preferences, na to respect am. smiley
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by Samtoby(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2016
Lana1:
U sef, why would u waste so much time and money downloading a game dat wont work on ur pc??
Its called system requirements for a reason. And u should ve checked dat first

I know my PC won't play it smoothly, in fact I am surprise it plays it at all.

I download it to play on my brothers system and also sell it. Well surprise surprise my brothers system was stolen before I get to install it on his system.. So I manage my PC till I got frustrated.

I know how games works bro....
Re: The Pain Of Pc Gamers In A 3rd World Country by youngkhid(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2016
See story.... sorry o

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Pokemon Go / Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story / Bible Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.