Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico (6867 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2009
So oyinda is still alive? We thank God.

oyinda.:

wow that's impressive
i agree with u aloyemeka CNN will never carry positive news but will never fail to carry the negative ones. but I guess that goes with most news media.

Why should they? Is CNN a Nigerian network? Besides negative news = more ratings = more money. Capitalism at work. If CNN's primary audience is in the US and Europe, why should they cover Nigerians doing well in school? Isnt that the job of the NTA?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Moyola(f): 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
Giffim a round of applause nauu!!! tongue
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
The guy should be commended. Who is to say that he will not positively impact on Nigeria in the future.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by chiogo(f): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2009
davidylan:

Why should they? Is CNN a Nigerian network? Besides negative news = more ratings = more money. Capitalism at work. If CNN's primary audience is in the US and Europe, why should they cover Nigerians doing well in school? Isnt that the job of the NTA?
But it's their job to carry negative news? Isn't that also the job of the NTA? grin
If they really want to 'mind their business', they shouldn't carry any news concerning Nigerians at all. simple.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SEFAGO(m): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2009
But it's their job to carry negative news? Isn't that also the job of the NTA?

bad news is good news for CNN. They need it to keep on business
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by chiogo(f): 1:39am On Oct 31, 2009
Ha ha, interesting!
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Jesarmy(f): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2009
A Nigerian has emerged the best of his class and he should be celebrated whether he went to Yale ,
O.A.U or Mexico is not the issue.
We Nigerians should learn to unite and celebrate our little pockets of positive achievements and project them both internally and externally.
I live in a neighborhood where even High School valedictorians,salutarians and best graduating students from local school communities are featured in their news media.The students,their families and the community as a whole are congratulated for raising and producing those outstanding young individuals.
ABC features ordinary individuals who has contributed positively even in little ways to their commuinities as person(s) of the week.
I believe nigerian media houses should take a cue from this and begin to feature achievements of ordinary people accomplishing extra ordinary things or simply making a positive contribution to the community.If it generates enough momentum the international community would be forced to reckon with the fact that Nigeria is not only home to the negatives but that good and positive things does exist and come out of Nigeria.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SeanT21(f): 5:46am On Nov 01, 2009
chiogo:

But it's their job to carry negative news? Isn't that also the job of the NTA? grin
If they really want to 'mind their business', they shouldn't carry any news concerning Nigerians at all. simple.

Does CNN even carry news about Nigeria??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2018/2019 All Waec Wassce Specimens/practicals/ Solution / History Of Akure Kingdom / Weirdest Moments In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.