Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence (26346 Views)

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by AutoJoshNG: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2016
Is your driver’s licence expired or missing and needs to be renewed or replaced respectively? See below steps which will assist you to resolve the issue..

RENEWAL OF DRIVER’S LICENCE

• Upon expiration of a driver’s licence, the holder returns to Licensing office to obtain and complete MVA 12
• Pays the prescribed fee to the MLA
• MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
• Proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
• Processed license is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants.

REPLACEMENT OF DRIVERS LICENCE

• Obtain a police extract, sworn affidavit and photocopy of lost licence and apply as stated above
• Proceed to MLA to obtain and complete Form MVA 12.
• Pay the prescribed fee to the MLA
• Proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.

http://autojosh.com/how-to-renew-or-replace-your-nigerian-drivers-licence/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by nurey(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2016
I knew this would make front page sooner or later but I don't feel the breeze associated with FTC.

Abeg shower me with likes so the next FTC can be yours, or share if you think am too childish
Just in case, good post

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by sosgrafix(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2016
You day bleach you must read this

http://www.sos9ja.com/2016/08/warning-to-all-female-that-bleach.html?m=1

I design graphics
I design website
I design cartoon
I upload music
Dm for jobs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by sosgrafix(m): 6:46am On Aug 24, 2016
I design graphics and cartoon oooo
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by LilSmith55(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks For The Information...

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by clefstone(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2016
Getting a driver's license nowadays is more difficult than buying a car

16 Likes

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by wagazala: 6:50am On Aug 24, 2016
You follow the steps above and you get frustrated. You probably won't get captured in months and when you even do, your license won't be ready till a few months before it's Expiry. Not trying to discourage anyone but stuff just doesn't work like that in Naija. The touts and officers involved will frustrate those who intend to go the process themselves. They expect you to patronize them and 'settle' for a fasttrack process.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 24, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by feldido(m): 6:50am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks... Before Road safety go carry person shine shoe
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by feldido(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2016
wagazala:
You follow the steps above and you get frustrated. You probably won't get captured in months and when you even do, your license won't be ready till a few months before it's Expiry. Not trying to discourage anyone but stuff just doesn't work like that in Naija. The touts and officers involved will frustrate those who intend to go the process themselves. They expect you to patronize them and 'settle' for a fasttrack process.

And that's how they end up making the fake for you if you aren't patient. Those officers are crooks.

Yes, I mean fake license from their office.

8 Likes

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by OKorowanta: 6:51am On Aug 24, 2016
Nice thread.
Poo-less
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Turks: 6:51am On Aug 24, 2016
In Nigeria; What the law says and what's being practised by the supposed officers of the law are miles apart.

No disrespect OP but [size=25pt]KOLEWERK!!!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by clefstone(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2016
wagazala:
true talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by 9niceguy(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2016
those MvA, MLA why not right the full meaning

2 Likes

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by wengerjay(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2016
Ml
AutoJoshNG:
Is your driver’s licence expired or missing and needs to be renewed or replaced respectively? See below steps which will assist you to resolve the issue..

RENEWAL OF DRIVER’S LICENCE

• Upon expiration of a driver’s licence, the holder returns to Licensing office to obtain and complete MVA 12
• Pays the prescribed fee to the MLA

REPLACEMENT OF DRIVERS LICENCE

• Obtain a police extract, sworn affidavit and photocopy of lost licence and apply as stated above
• Proceed to MLA to obtain and complete Form MVA 12.
• Pay the prescribed fee to the MLA

http://autojosh.com/how-to-renew-or-replace-your-nigerian-drivers-licence/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
How can one get a driver's license for the first time.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Turks: 6:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Good question.
wengerjay:
Ml How can one get a driver's license for the first time.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by SuperSuave(m): 6:55am On Aug 24, 2016
the new one is valid for how many years pls? just got the temporary one this week

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by dunkem21(m): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2016
9niceguy:
those MvA, MLA why not right the full meaning

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by bettercreature(m): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by lonelydora: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Do not give passport to any FRSC personnel. Make sure you are captured with the data capturing machine.

NOTE: Once your temporary DL expires and the new one is not yet available, go back to their office, they will revalidate the temporary DL by extending the expiry date. Most people do not know this and keep having problem with O.C. Roger (policemen) on the road.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by SuperSuave(m): 6:59am On Aug 24, 2016
clefstone:
Getting a driver's license nowadays is more difficult than buying a car
I swear! paid for more than a month before calling me for capturing sef. my mum has been issued the temporary for about 4yrs now yet they keep saying the permanent isn't ready yet.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by deuce07(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2016
SuperSuave:
the new one is valid for how many years pls? just got the temporary one this week

Can u tell me the process u went through? Would be grateful
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Okay... You did not put the exact amount to be paid...

So I paid like 6k online for renewal... Went to their office and they said I had to make other payments... I left with my old license and printout to show that I have paid for the renewal and I have been driving like that for the past one year... Am I doing anything bad?
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by jazinogold(m): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2016
g
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by wordproof: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for the info...which country do they follow dis process again? undecided

Item number 14 on APC manifesto!
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by BE811APP: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks! grin
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by yomalex(m): 7:03am On Aug 24, 2016
good
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Otii4god: 7:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Op y not lead ur post directly to officers at d capture centers only y bring in Motor licensing agent (MLA) cos na these so called MLA they pollute d system with fake licenses ooo
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by yomalex(m): 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
SuperSuave:
3 years
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Otii4god: 7:07am On Aug 24, 2016
deuce07:

Can u tell me the process u went through? Would be grateful
ok
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Otii4god: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
yomalex:
3 years
all na 3yrs
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 24, 2016
I was able to renew my driver's licence in less than 4 hours early this month. I visited https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ using the serial number on my expired licenece, applied for a renewal and payed online (6000) plus 350 bank charges, you would select any of the frsc licencing office closer to you on the application, take the print out with a copyof the expired licence to their office for capturing. The whole process took less than 3 hours, i got my temporary licence immediately. Same process applies for first timers. But be ready to pay 500 naira in about 2 sections (verification and driving test). It was easier than i thought.

7 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kia Owner's Forum / Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It? / Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.