Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Elementary School Student Invents Handmade Fan - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elementary School Student Invents Handmade Fan (512 Views)

David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi Invents eco-E, Multi-Purpose Cleaner / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Man Invents Rocket-Like Vehicle At Oke-Ado, Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elementary School Student Invents Handmade Fan by faslukoki(f): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2016
By : Lukmon Fasasi

The Inspiring story of Bisi Olajuyigbe, a Basic five, elementary school pupil who developed an handmade fan would amaze you.

Olajuyigbe, a young scientist, innovator and inventor as he is fondly refered to, is from a poor family in Aiyegbaju-Ekiti. His mother operates a grounding machine and sells goods harvested from her farm. His father is a mechanic, who repairs motorcycles (Okada) in Ekiti.

The handmade fan is not the only astonishing story of Olajuyigbe, but the way he has used his work to bring food into his belly. Bisi would attend parties, trying to call attention of people he believed could give him money by using his hand made fans to genarate cool breeze for them in exchange for money .

Atimes, people gift him money with pitiful heart over his tertared appearances, but most times he get paid for his confidence and handmade fan, a close source told Wazobia Global Times.

One of those that has encountered Olajuyigbe in one or two parties Mr. Vincent Adeoba said "I would not have given him money if he had attended parties to just beg for money. But he had values to provide and he has proven how talented he his with the handmade fan"

He added :

"What drew my attention to him was the material he used to make the fans. The fans were made from Soap Case, Aluminum sheet, Wood, VijuMilk Containers, Plastic Pipe, Paper, Wire and other materials he picked around and assembled. The fans are operated with small tiger batteries and are perfectly working.

Adeoba, a social worker and quality education campaigner, after attending the party he was invited, was able to meet with the family of Olajuyigbe at their Home in Ekiti.

"I spoke with his mother who told me that they have to let him leave his life outside of school, as the family is financially handicapped to send him to school. He stopped going to school in primary five and walk around the town picking materials for his hand inventions and take them to ceremonies to raise money for his poor mother" Adeoba said .

Continue reading...

http://www.lukmonfasasinews.com/2016/08/elementary-school-student-invents.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

GLO 4G LTE Data Plans: Welcome To The Globacom World / Clean Iphone 6s 128gb For Sale / I'm In Need of a Professional Essay Editing & Proofreading Software Or Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.