Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,822 members, 7,851,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

#throwback Thursday :Taking You Down Memory Lane In Wrestling. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #throwback Thursday :Taking You Down Memory Lane In Wrestling. (311 Views)

Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) / Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / What Is The Difference Between Raw And Smackdown In WRESTLING??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#throwback Thursday :Taking You Down Memory Lane In Wrestling. by Jameskyrian(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2016
#Throwback Thursday .

It's my intention to rekindle the nostalgia in you about Wrestling.

Those of you that grew up in the 80's and 90's would never agree any less with me that wrestling had a bigger impact on our upbringing.

Have you forgotten how one would literally wait endlessly for 4 O"clock on Saturdays, sit focused at the black and white Tv for Wrestling to commence on NTA.

We all had our favorite wrestlers of which greater percentage of us would always stick to HULG HUGAN or THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR and never wished they met.

They were our Barcelona and Real Madrid. Wrestling was where we found succor and tentatively practiced it therof.

Let me bring to you some of the oldies as i expect you would mention more and probably tell us whom your favorite(s) was.......let's ride......

1. HULG HUGAN : Everyone's favorite, notably for his entertainment gymicks. Most of us never believed anyone would ever defeat him.(our own Cristiano Ronaldo)...lol...Hogan is a twelve-time world champion, a six-time WWE/F heavyweight Champion and Six-time WWC heavyweight champion. He was the first wrestler to win consecutive Royal Rumbles, in 1990 and 1991.

2.. ULTIMATE WARRIOR : He was remarkably remembered for his enigmatic display in the ring. The Ultimate Warrior may be the most enigmatic man to ever hold the WWE Championship. Hailing from Parts Unknown, he hid his face under a painted mask and spoke in cryptic puzzles, but the considerable impact he had on WWE is still talked about today.(Our own MESSI ,lol)

3. STING

Steve Borden, Sr. (born March 20, 1959), better known by the ring name Sting, is an American retired Professional wrestler ,actor, author and former body builder, Sting is known for his time spent as the public face of two major pro wrestling companies.

Pictures can't enter here....however

click on the link to have fun and please add your favorite wrestlers of all time if omitted .

source : http://www.jkcyno.com/2016/08/18/throwback-thursday-taking-you-down-memory-lane-in-wrestling/

(1) (Reply)

The Bronze Winner: Rio 2016 Olympics / Another World Record And Gold Medal For Nigeria In Paralympics Games / Wenger: I'm Not Obsessed With Winning Another Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.