Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

#Save Funaab. Police almost Killed a Funaabite today (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #Save Funaab. Police almost Killed a Funaabite today (pics) (1090 Views)

Photos Of Kidnapper Evans Smiling In Handcuffs As He Arrives Court Today(pics) / Corper From Kano Almost Killed By Her Cousin 2 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) / My Father Almost Killed Me With Sex, 10-year-old Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#Save Funaab. Police almost Killed a Funaabite today (pics) by TheBlessedMAN: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Police shoot FUNAAB student during protest in Abeokuta.

Police used real bullets on protesting students of the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta on Thursday, August 18 – The students were protesting against the high level of robbery on the campus and the perceived nonchalant attitude of the school management towards their plight –

The student who was shot is Taiwo Abisoye, who is recuperating at a hospital Nigeria police Policemen have shot a student of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) during a students’ riot on Thursday. The student, Taiwo Abisoye was reportedly shot as he and his colleagues took to the streets to protest against serial cases of robbery incidents in the school and the school management’s seeming nonchalant attitude towards their plight.

The protest, which was initially peaceful turned violent and the police was called in. Finding it hard to curb the growing unrest, policemen reportedly pulled up their firearms and opened fire on the students.

Abisoye was shot and was initially thought dead until reports filtered in from the school through a FUNAAB news Twitter handle that quelled the rumours. Taiwo Abisoye is not dead! He is currently receiving treatment at FMC. Please RT before the rumor gets out of hand. #SaveFunaab — Funaab Juice (@FunaabJuice) August 18, 2016 Abisoye is now receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital. A tweet by an eyewitness, showed blood on the protest ground and a spent bullet beside it. Your man killed him @PoliceNG @PoliceNG_CRU #savefunaab @Omojuwa @VillageParrot pic.twitter.com/X7K6LDZEoz — ObaFisayo (@Biggest_Oba) August 18, 2016 Meanwhile, the school management has shut down the university indefinitely to prevent total breakdown of law and order until after things quieten down. We also recalls that in June, Polytechnic students were shot when some of their colleagues at RUGIPO clashed with the school authority and some police officers. The students were fortunate not to have died from the gunshot after they were taken to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Owo, where they were being treated. Source. NAIJ.com.

Meanwhile, as an eyewitness myself, i watched it live, how the Protesting students went on Rampage, by destruying the Church belonging to their V.chancellor (DIVINE HEIGHTs church, @kotopo, ) a stone thrown distance from my House.

Lots of cars were damaged, while a bus belonging to the Church was set ablaze in my presence...

The church's aluminium windows were Stoned and alot of innocent peoples care were also damaged by the Rampaging student.

Now the Question is, Why will Police be using Real Guns and Steel bullets on Protesters?

1 Like

Re: #Save Funaab. Police almost Killed a Funaabite today (pics) by TheBlessedMAN: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
A FUNAABITE's Prayer

Lord hear our cry Hear our plead Come to our rescue This is getting too much It is becoming unbearable The pains are much Education shouldn't be this hurtful It should be a state of rest A federal university without enough sch hostels it turned 85% of its students to stay off campus Yet we didn't complain We stay months without electricity yet we didn't complain Transportation has been difficult yet we didn't complain The school has neglected us yet we didn't complain We rely only on God as our shield We are humans Blood flow through us We are also funnabites Robbery has become the order of the day They intrude on our privacies carte away our properties and still cut us with cutlass and axe yet the school is silent claiming we stay off campus Yet we pay close to a hundred thousand to secure these hostels Lord we turn to you at this point

Save us #savefunnab

#savefunnabites

#helpsharethisandkeepthetrendgoing

#cometoourrescue

#savefunnabites

I remain Skdammex

#ACONCERNEDFUNNABITE
Re: #Save Funaab. Police almost Killed a Funaabite today (pics) by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
What? This is fvcking Serious... Whats policing in this contry turning into? Their stupidity nearly killed that poor lad.. May God save us all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Lecturer Raped Me, Female Student Crys Out. / Please Don't Fall A Victim Of Peer To Peer Donation Platform / Meet The Husband And Wife In Arrested Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Gang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.