Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 (21898 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Nigeria: 61% (24 votes)
Spain: 23% (9 votes)
Draw: 15% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by rasputinn(m): 4:33am On Sep 28, 2009
NIGERIA VERSUS SPAIN
KICK OFF TIME Monday 28 September, 16:00 (local time)

Intro
Following their loss to Venezuela, Nigeria are looking to get back to winning ways against Spain, the side they defeated in the final of Korea 2007. 

The stakes
These two countries renew their rivalry for the first time since meeting in the final of the FIFA U-17 World Cup Korea 2007. Although two years have passed, and both squads are certainly different, this fixture does offer the Spaniards the opportunity to avenge their penalty shootout defeat in that decider.

Everything suggests that Monday's encounter will play out similarly, with both teams going for the win but without throwing caution to the wind. What has changed, however, are the respective teams' fortunes going into the game; while Spain won their opener 8-0 against Tahiti, Nigeria suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Venezuela(who incidentally stopped the Argentines from participating in this tournament), meaning another loss would all but eliminate the Flying Eagles who will be playing without Haruna Lukman who was red-carded by ref Roberto Rosetti in the game against Venezuela

The stat
60 - Monday's game will be Spain's 60th in this competition, making them the team with the third highest number of appearances behind Brazil (82) and Argentina (67).

The words
"We've put Friday's slip-up behind us and now we're only thinking about Spain, who will offer a sterner test than Venezuela. I'm an optimist though so I'm confident we'll improve and reach the second round." Omatsone Aluko, Nigeria forward

"I can still remember the final from two years ago very well, and many of their players. They're still a dangerous side; physically fit and very attack-minded. But the main thing is we're concentrating firmly on getting the three points, the rest matters little." Fran Merida, Spain midfielder

We've heard the words of the players,but what do nairalanders have to say about the match this evening,do you see our dear flying eagles overcoming the Spaniards to brighten our chances of progressing to the knock-out phase of the competition,do you see a draw or do you fear a loss shocked shocked,let's hear it

[img][/img]

Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 28, 2009
Its 2:30pm not 4:00 undecided
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 5:47am On Sep 28, 2009
brein:

Please the match comes up at exactly 3 pm Nigerian time.

The OP is correct by saying 4 pm local time because 4 pm in Egypt is 3 pm in Nigeria. The
local time there simply means Egyptian time because the locality of the tournament is Egypt.

Nigeria will beat Spain by 3 goals to 1.
My instinct never lies.

You will definitely see a "born again" flying eagles. I can bet my money on it.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by slimshay(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2009
SMS Guru, i'm guessin your instict made venezuela beat us 1-0 better warn it grin!
Anyways, i trust Siasia to bring the best out of the boys, seeing the second half against venezuela made me believe they can go all the way, against the odds, what they need is motivation and Siasia has that in extra abundance.
That said, it is important they keep full concentration when going forward, cos the spaniard can be very dangerous ion the break.
We can't afford a loss, not at all, so here's hoping with hardwork we pick this one against the odds!!
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by rasputinn(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2009
brein:

SMSguru:

Please the match comes up at exactly 3 pm Nigerian time.

The OP is correct by saying 4 pm local time because 4 pm in Egypt is 3 pm in Nigeria. The
local time there simply means Egyptian time because the locality of the tournament is Egypt.

Thanks SMSguru
The match kicks off at exactly 1600hrs i.e 4pm by the local time of the country where the match will be played,which is Egypt,that translates to 3pm Nigeria time

GO FLYING EAGLES
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by rasputinn(m): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2009
SIASIA CHARGES HIS DEPLETED SQUAD TO GO ALL OUT AGAINST SPAIN

“This is a big tournament and you must learn to take your chances. There is no use creating 50 chances and wasting all of them. You must get to a situation where you can put away five of seven chances," Siasia, himself a former striker, told his players,

“Nigerians back home are expecting us to go far in this competition and even win the trophy. We cannot continue to throw away begging opportunities. Against Spain, we must be up to it right from the first minute and show the seriousness that the match deserves”, Siasia told his boys early Sunday morning.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11276

[img][/img]

Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by tkb417(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2009
pls tell me when they finish the game
dont wanna die of hyper tension today
Spain of all countries
wahala don shele
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2009
slimshay:

SMS Guru, i'm guessin your instict made venezuela beat us 1-0 better warn it grin!
Anyways, i trust Siasia to bring the best out of the boys, seeing the second half against venezuela made me believe they can go all the way, against the odds, what they need is motivation and Siasia has that in extra abundance.
That said, it is important they keep full concentration when going forward, cos the spaniard can be very dangerous ion the break.
We can't afford a loss, not at all, so here's hoping with hardwork we pick this one against the odds!!

My instinct told me that Siasia has always lost or almost lost his first match in every tournament.
My instinct told me that we have always had problems with South American opposition.
My instinct told me that Venezuela is a dark horse in this competition and having beaten/eliminated
Argentina during the qualifying series makes them more dangerous.

My instinct never lies.

Today, Spain will underrate us at their own peril. I won't be surprised to see us beat Spain silly today
because they have a way of underrating Nigeria and they have always paid for it.

I will definitely watch the match from start to finish.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2009
tkb417:

pls tell me when they finish the game
dont wanna die of hyper tension today
Spain of all countries
wahala don shele

We have beaten Spain before and we can still beat them again.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by tosinaded(m): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2009
beware of that name FRAN MERIDA
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2009
rasputinn:

SIASIA CHARGES HIS DEPLETED SQUAD TO GO ALL OUT AGAINST SPAIN

“This is a big tournament and you must learn to take your chances. There is no use creating 50 chances and wasting all of them. You must get to a situation where you can put away five of seven chances," Siasia, himself a former striker, told his players,

“Nigerians back home are expecting us to go far in this competition and even win the trophy. We cannot continue to throw away begging opportunities. Against Spain, we must be up to it right from the first minute and show the seriousness that the match deserves”, Siasia told his boys early Sunday morning.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11276

[img][/img]

Siasia, you have said it all. The boys have to live up to their billings. I know you have given them all
they need to succeed. It's time for them to show that you really trained them well. Your last training camp was in Spain.

I think by now you must have studied the Spanish team closely and critically.

Go for goals but watch your back!
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2009
tosinaded@:

beware of that name FRAN MERIDA

Fran Merida is a fine player, no doubt but teamwork is far better than individual skills.
Considering what I saw in the 2nd half of the match against Venezuela, FE will not go wrong
this afternoon.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Borat1: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2009
Its no big secret we play better against stronger opposition especially when the stakes are as high as this one. I cant predict the score, but its a win for nigeria
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by otokx(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2009
I pray we loose this match in a very dramatic fashion. This country does not need any good news to distract us from our self inflicted problems.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Damoche10: 11:42am On Sep 28, 2009
otokx, make tunder fire that ya mouth! I pray that we go out and grab the maximum three points, What kind of people do we have in this country sef. Siasia has done well. Yes, they lost the last match but we saw that they played their hearts out. GO FLYING EAGLES!
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Dereformer(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2009
If for any reason we lose this all important match, my candid opinion is this:

a. NFF should be closed down

b. NFL should be closed down

c. The budgetary appropriation to football should be channeled towards ensuring stable power supply. That, to me, will make Nigerians fare better

Any objection or support? NLs
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by streetwize(m): 11:49am On Sep 28, 2009
we will lose woefully
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by dafman10(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2009
otokx:

I pray we loose this match in a very dramatic fashion. This country does not need any good news to distract us from our self inflicted problems.

amen my brother cos i honestly dont want anyting wen go make us 4get say dis govt don finish us for nig come oct. 1
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by CarlosVent(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2009
WE WIL NOT LOOSE WATCH OUT NIGERIA SHALL WIN SPAIN AND IT WILL RING A BELL IN D EARS OF THE WHOLE WORLD .

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by yjay(f): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2009
unless God gives us a miracle, dont see how Nigeria ll beat the Spaniards, i ll say a prayer for them though!
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Marymos: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2009
I really desire to watch this match but unfortunately i will be at work.Is it possible to watch the match online?
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by sayso: 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
why una wan watch this match,no be walloping we go get,brainless people playing football.This match will expose their lack of preparation and brainless footballer Nigeria took to that championship.Siasia cannot do any magic.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by sammytb(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
By Gods grace Nigeria will win this mathc
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by StEdwin(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
Last time I voted that Nigeria would win and they lost. Maybe this time if I vote that Nigeria would lose then maybe Nigeria will win.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by BinghiNya(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
Flying eagles will crash to spain. Siasia is still learning. he is  a good coach but inherited  a poor team.

Nigeria 2 Spain 3
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by zenus(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
hope this boyz will perform well this time
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by OvieE: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
There is no need to be excited about anything involve Nigeria. They will continue to disappoint. By the way, the game is at 10 am NYC, USA time and 3 pm Nigeria time. But I wish them all the best.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by aieromon(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
Siasia,tell your boiz not to disappoint like the Super Chickens
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by ebmulo(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
my fello nairalanders,

i see football vision over the weekend.

our flying eagles will beat span by 1-0.

make we all dey kampe this afternoon, no shaking at all.

congratulations nigeria.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by asha80(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
Marymos:

I really desire to watch this match but unfortunately i will be at work.Is it possible to watch the match online?

atdhe.net
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by Nezan(m): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2009
The boyz are ready to do us proud, you bet.
Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain (0-2) On 28th September 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one but something tells me we'll come out on top today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigeria 44th As FIFA Releases Latest World Football Rankings [Full List] / Coronavirus: Newcastle United Bans Players From Shaking Hands / Abuja Stadium (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.