Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind (6181 Views)

25 Photographs That Can Scare You Out Of Your Mind / Facts That Would Blow your Mind- Picture Series / 5 Optical Illusions That Will Mess With Your Brain, And Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
1. At some point your parents put you down and never picked you up again.
2. You are to yourself what your thoughts are and you are to others what your actions are.
3. If you don’t have children, you’d be the first person in your direct ancestry to do so.
4. The farther away you look, the further back in time you see. This is because even though light travels insanely fast, it does not instantly. Now, if you look at the sun, you don’t actually see the real sun. You see the light that the sun has emitted about 8 minutes ago. So even if the sun would now just vanish you would still see it for eight more miutes, because the light needs to travel the whole distance from sun to earth.
5. Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going. You are part of a universe that has sentience and consciousness. Your atomic particles are arranged in a way that breathes life. Stars died so we could live. We sit here and ponder about the likelihood of other intelligent life out there (which is very probable), and what we are doing here.
6. If you shuffle a deck of cards, chances are you will have created a combination that has never previously been made.
7. You pass your death anniversary every year.
8. There are an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1. –
9. There was a longer time between the Stegosaurus and the T-Rex, than there is between the T-Rex and us.

10. Mars is the only known planet in our solar system solely inhabited by functioning robots.
11. You can’t clean. You can only make something else dirty.
12. The word “crisp” starts at the back your mouth and ends at the front.
13. You can make a human being, a real living person, completely by accident.
14. There’s no reason for the alphabet to be in that order.
15. The human brain is one of the most complex things known to man, according to the human brain. Also, brain doesn’t really understand how the brain work
16. If you were given one dollar for every second you were alive, at less than 2 weeks of age you would be a millionaire, and you wouldn’t be a billionaire until you were 31. Because million seconds is 11 days, but a billion seconds is 31 years.
17. The oldest person in the world was born with a completely different set of humans.
18. Close both eyes and you see black; close one eye and it sees nothing. Darkness is the absence of light but being blind means your light receptors are broken, so it’s not like seeing pure black, it’s more like trying to see out of your elbow. You simply don’t have the sense of sight to do that.
19. You can constantly see your nose, your brain just filters it out.
20. Your age is the number of times you have orbited around the sun
21. The Pillars of Creation, which Hubble telescope first photographed in 1995, hasn’t existed for nearly 6,000 years. This is because right now we can see a cloud of dust expanding towards it. At the rate it is happening, it would have been destroyed about 6000 years ago. Since they are 7000 light years away, we won’t see it getting destroyed for another 1000 years.
22. Your heart hasn’t had a vacation, day off, even a 10 minute coffee break since you were in an embryo. It works day and night, night and day, 24×7.
23. The highest recorded temperature in the known universe is about 5.5 trillion Kelvin. It was measured in a LHC experiment. We, humans, living on an insignificant speck of the universe, have somehow managed to beat every known physical phenomenon ever in a display of raw power. The coldest temperature in the known universe was also achieved here on Earth. Magnets were used to bring the temperature to mere billionths of a Kelvin to power the LHC (Large Hadron Collider at CERN).
24. Thinking about what was there before the Big Bang makes no sense because the very concepts of “what” and “before” (i.e. space and time) began at that point. However, it may be reasonable to say that something might have existed. But since it is outside our space-time it has no meaning to us. Also, there is no edge to the universe and no border because there is nothing outside of it. Yet, it started small and is expanding.
25. The earth is rotating. The earth is also revolving. The sun itself is revolving around the galaxy. The galaxy is pushing through the universe. The universe itself is expanding. Stick out your finger. Now imagine time is paused, and imagine a red dot was created at the tip of your finger, marking that “precise” point in universe. (Yes, I know, it’s not really possible for a spot in space to be “precise.” Just use your imagination). Unpause time. Pause it again one second later. That point in space is thousands of miles away now, and you’ll never pass through it again.
Bonus (Someone mentioned this to me and this too funny to be left out)
26. If you turn your underwear inside out and put them on, the whole universe is wearing your underwear except for you.
source::www.kickassfacts.com/25-simple-facts-that-will-mess-your-mind/
modified:y are nairalanders wicked? 3125 views 41 comments
na waoo
make i get FP for once na abeg

29 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Coyotejack(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nice one op
But I don't understand the underwear own

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
BRAVO!!!

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Coyotejack:
Nice one op
But I don't understand the underwear own
u as d owner is not wearing it since u are putting in on inside out but every other particle from people in d universe atoms electrons are hitting d inside of d underwear. which is outside so they are kinda of wearing it except u

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nellybobo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
One of the most interesting posts I've ever read on NL.. Nice one op

4 Likes

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by babyfaceafrica: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Namaste OP
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nellybobo:
One of the most interesting posts I've ever read on NL.. Nice one op
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Whatever does dat mean i no its a gud tin Thanks btw i appreciate
babyfaceafrica:
Namaste OP
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Lordmykel(m): 12:07am On Aug 19, 2016
well "Namaste" means 'thank you/you're welcome"
so much for watching silly indian TV series

2 Likes

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Abbeylincson(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2016
no: 16 blows my mind
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Aremu01(m): 6:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Beautiful... That no 15 wowed me
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2016
You pass your death anniversary every year.

Was I the only one who paused and had a deep reflection after reading this?
Wondering when my death anniversary would really be? sad

5 Likes

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2016
Aremu01:
Beautiful...
That no 15 wowed me
Abbeylincson:
no: 16 blows my mind

You ediots should stop saying "No 15 blew my mind, No 16 wowed me." I have to scroll up an down each _ fucking time to see what the mentioned number says. angry

Lastmumu

10 Likes

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Emmiasky(m): 7:35am On Aug 19, 2016
Amazing Quotes:
Patience and silence are
powerful energies. Patience
makes u mentally strong,
silence
makes u emotionally strong
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Emmiasky:
Me no get the underwear talk oo and the 24th point!
24th requires u to understand some few science shits
and d underwear. shit have been answered
read d comment before u
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Lordmykel:
well "Namaste" means 'thank you/you're welcome"
so much for watching silly indian TV series
lol no p u welcomed
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
LastMumu:

Was I the only one who paused and had a deep reflection after reading this?
Wondering when my death anniversary could really be? sad
same here broda i swear
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by groundnutoil(m): 7:40am On Aug 19, 2016
LastMumu:

You ediots should stop saying "No 15 blew my mind, No 16 wowed me." I have to scroll up an down each time to see what the mentionsd number says. angry

Lastmumu
lwkmd nna menh u just spoke ma mind
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Aremu01(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2016
LastMumu:

You ediots should stop saying "No 15 blew my mind, No 16 wowed me." I have to scroll up an down each time to see what the mentionsd number says. angry

Lastmumu
Lol... Na WA for u ooooo Mr Mumu..
#winks

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by veekid(m): 8:07am On Aug 19, 2016
Good one OP
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by cliquevibes(m): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Very Educative, Unlike those dumb trend "Look wat we killed last night(snake)"...Nairaland and snake sha, Op thumbs up

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by princy80(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2016
thumbs up op!
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by harizonal123(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by danieljessy: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Am i dumb cudnt comprehend some of dem buh No16 got me,maybe bcus money was mentioned..me nid money jawe

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2016
Very cool article
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Krasid(m): 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Fascinating.
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by nwaobitex: 10:04am On Aug 19, 2016
LastMumu:

You ediots should stop saying "No 15 blew my mind, No 16 wowed me." I have to scroll up an down each _ fucking time to see what the mentioned number says. angry

Lastmumu
that's exactly me grin grin but no 8 really got me thinking

1 Like

Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by kobosmalls: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
What a day brightner.
Awesome post.
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Krasid(m): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
Emmiasky:
Me no get the underwear talk oo and the 24th point!
In a nutshell, since the existence of the universe was marked after the big bang, it would be unnecessary to ask what was there before the big bang.
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2016
great facts
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by DrayZee: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2016
MIND BLOWN!
Re: 25 Simple Facts That Will Mess Your Mind by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Pure wisdom cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Refurbished Unilag Rugged Shodeinde Hall(pics) / Unical Post Ume Results Out!: 2nd Choice Exams To Be Taken Next Week! / Checkout The 10 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.