Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

The Galaxy Note 7 Is Waterproof And Has An IP68 Rating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Galaxy Note 7 Is Waterproof And Has An IP68 Rating (628 Views)

Nomu S10 Pro IP68+ Rating / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding / I Showered With The Galaxy S7, Made It Pass Through Other Water Mishaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Galaxy Note 7 Is Waterproof And Has An IP68 Rating by KCode: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is actually the first time a Galaxy Note would have an IP68 water resistance rating. But what does this truly mean?
It denotes that the Note 7 can be placed under water surface up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes.

The letters 'IP' in IP68 stands for "Ingress Protection", while the "6" in it represents the rating for resistance to dust. And at "6", it's actually very good. Now for the "8" in the rating (IP68) It points to how much water the Note 7 can withstand.

So that's simply it, the Note 7 can be placed under water surface to 5 feet deep for up to 30 mins.
Meanwhile if you go overboard and get past its limit, it might just tend to react.

Source : http://www.informationfromjay..nl/2016/08/the-galaxy-note-7-is-waterproof-and-has.html?m=1
Re: The Galaxy Note 7 Is Waterproof And Has An IP68 Rating by Dam5reey(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Okay IP 68 whatever?
Since I started using phone my phone has never entered water mistakenly. ..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Five Dark Forums To Buy The Iphone 7 For Half The Price / There Should Be An Option For Changing Username On Nairaland / Reinstall Old Facebook Version 10.7 On Blackberry 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.