Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Scholarships For Masters And PhD - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scholarships For Masters And PhD (2598 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / 10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholarships For Masters And PhD by MarineOfficer: 6:07am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello @all,
Can the 2:2 grads like me in the house benefit from this one or its will still be hijacked by the 1st Class as usual?

The International Board for Offshore and Subsea Engineering and Technology is accepting applications from suitably qualified citizens of Nigeria for 2016/2017 International Scholarships.

We believe in the power of a brilliant mind and its ability to shape the future.

IBOSET Scholarships are awarded to promising, outstanding and emerging future leaders to pursue a one or two-year Masters or PhD at any university of IBOSET's countries of strong network and affiliation including Australia, Norway, United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America, Denmark, South Korea, France, Germany and Mexico.

As one of the first of such organisations to spread its scholarship programmes across the globe, our scholarships programme uniquely provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers with strong passion and interest in the offshore and/or subsea energy sectors to develop professionally and academically, collaborate extensively, experience international culture and build lasting positive networks for our offshore-subsea future.

This scholarship offers financial support along with a unique opportunity to become part of the highly esteemed IBOSET Network of Scholars highly sought after by key industry leaders. Applicants may choose any course of study or research with strong relevance and ties with the offshore and/or subsea industry(ies). Applicants whose disciplines are not directly related to these industries, but with significant demonstration of committement and interest may be considered. We particularly welcome applications in the following fields:

You are advised to check with Higher Education provider of your choice for course information and related enquiries.
Engineering
Geology/Geosciences
Energy (offshore)
Safety
Environmental (Marine/Offshore)
Medicine/Nursing
Law (Coastal/Marine/Offshore)
Computing/Information Technology/ICT
(for oil & gas industry)
Sciences
Duration of Scholarships

Normally, the financial support given will not exceed a time span of three years for PhD Programmes and two years for Masters level.
Eligibility

To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants:
Should typically have a Second Class Upper and above at the First Degree level (candidates with Second Class Lower of not less than 3.00 CGPA and upwards of 3 years of relevant work experience may be considered)
Should not be more than 35 and 38 years by December 2016 for Masters and PhD candidates respectively.
Must be willing to return to Nigeria to contribute to national development on successful completion of the programme.
Must be citizen of Nigeria and not posses a Dual Citizenship
Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service by December 2016.
What IBOSET Scholarships covers

Masters
Full tuition
One return ticket
Monthly allowance for textbooks/study materials, workshops and fieldtrips.
Monthly living/accommodation allowance.
PhD
Research Grant
One return ticket
Monthly allowance for textbooks/research materials, workshops and fieldtrips.
Monthly living allowance.

Application guidance/Important notes

Before you begin the application process, make sure you have checked with your Higher Education provider for the course you are applying for. We recommend you have copies of the following documents to hand:
Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume¸
Certificates and/or transcripts for qualifications you have completed
Valid Identification - Driver?s Licence, National ID or Passport(preferred)
A recent passport-size photograph
A good Statement of Purpose (Not more than 2,500 words) or Research Plan (for Masters (R) and PhD Candidates)
Please endeavour to confirm your eligibility for this scholarship at www.iboset.org/scholarships/eligibility-check before proceeding with your application.
All applications must be made online at www.iboset.org/scholarships/apply upon payment of a Non-refundable sum of NGN1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only) at any Branch of First Bank of Nigeria Plc nationwide with the following details:
Account Name: IBOSET
Account Number: 2030926015
OR
through online purchase of a scratch card via https://www.iboset.org/scholarships/payment-api/ using an ATM (Interswitch, Visa Card, Master Card & Verve Card).
Return to www.iboset.org/scholarships/apply with your PIN or Teller Number to access the Application Form.
You can save and exit your application at any point and complete it later.
All applications must be received online by October 31, 2016. Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted on or before December 20, 2016.
If you are awarded this scholarship, you will be required to provide proof of unconditional offer of a place for study from your choiced institution by March 16, 2017; for Masters candidates while PhD candidates shall be required to submit their Admission Letters and approved Research Plan.
You can log on to our Scholarship Administration Portal at http://www.iboset.org/scholarships/slogin with your registered login details at any time to track/view your application status.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by charlengine: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2016
interesting...
oayment not going thru
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Azijo: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
charlengine:
interesting...
oayment not going thru

Made mine physically at the Bank and was able to apply with the Teller Number after sometimes. Your PIN is displayed after successful login.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by bellyjean(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
This is good news. Pls i'd like to know the specific courses in engineering that this scholarship covers. Any engineering field OR must be related to offshore/subsea?

I'd love to understand this better especially the courses.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Salihumainasara(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Scholasticus: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2016
bellyjean:
This is good news. Pls i'd like to know the specific courses in engineering that this scholarship covers. Any engineering field OR must be related to offshore/subsea?

Read the advert again bro.....
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Scholasticus: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2016
bellyjean:

Read the advert again bro! The advert says courses with strong relevance/ties to offshore or subsea or demonstrated interest for same. So....someone in Mechanical Engineering stands not the same chance with someone in FOOD ENGINEERING. Besides, if your Statement of Purpose is convincingly and well tailored, I think you should be good.
Believe me I had to pause my application at the Statement of Purpose/Research Plan section because there are more to cover than I thot initially - Why IBOSET should sponsor your programme of study; Why the Course/University; Your success and achievement relevant to the course; How the course/programme fits into your career plans and ambitions; How the scholarship/programme will benefit your immediate community (professional and/or social) and the larger society on return to Nigeria.

Their application is not like NDDC........its really international in standard.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by fembas316(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by fembas316(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Scholasticus, Please are we to choose more than one course during the application?
Scholasticus:

Read the advert again bro! The advert says courses with strong relevance/ties to offshore or subsea or demonstrated interest for same. So....someone in Mechanical Engineering stands not the same chance with someone in FOOD ENGINEERING. Besides, if your Statement of Purpose is convincingly and well tailored, I think you should be good.
Believe me I had to pause my application at the Statement of Purpose/Research Plan section because there are more to cover than I thot initially - Why IBOSET should sponsor your programme of study; Why the Course/University; Your success and achievement relevant to the course; How the course/programme fits into your career plans and ambitions; How the scholarship/programme will benefit your immediate community (professional and/or social) and the larger society on return to Nigeria.

Their application is not like NDDC........its really international in standard.

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Antarch: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Good luck to all applicants.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by SolutionsGuy: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
You people are here fooling around. What is iboset?
Poorly crafted scam.

1 Like

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Boscojugunu(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2016
Let them keep fooling themselves. Who's iboset. Scam scholarship. Any scholarship body that request you to pay is pure scam. Pure scam
SolutionsGuy:
You people are here fooling around. What is iboset?

Poorly crafted scam.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Salihumainasara(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2016
shocked
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Offshorexpert: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2016
Boscojugunu:
Let them keep fooling themselves. Who's iboset. Scam scholarship. Any scholarship body that request you to pay is pure scam. Pure scam

If such a caliber of government parastal like PTDF charges scholarship application/processing fee, Nigerian universities charges a fee for Aptitude Test Scratch Cards, etc, then what is your logical basis for this submissions.

Oh! Sorry, if it were government's or government related.... you wouldn't have asked who's.....? So slot owners would do as usual....

5 Likes

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Scholasticus: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2016
fembas316:
Scholasticus, Please are we to choose more than one course during the application?

No........just one
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by DMainMan: 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
no one should apply.

There is 99% chance this is scam.

1 Like

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by handsomebolanle: 2:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Please does it cover studying the aforementioned related courses in Nigeria
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Ejb061286(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
handsomebolanle:
Please does it cover studying the aforementioned related courses in Nigeria

Don't think so........... Its an international scholarship
Like how many people would they even sponsor?
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by femoalaofin: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
my people.... IBOSET NA BIG SCAM...HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED IT.. BE CAREFUL O..WILL DO MY PART IN REPORTING TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES COS I AV BEEN A VICTIM OF A SIMILAR CASE.. if you don't believe me..please carefully Google search the term "iboset", you will find out that it is incipient, everything seems new, d Facebook account, even the LinkedIn and there said they have people who have benefitted from it since yet everything is new as if it jus started and no background at all.. also carefully read the legal notice on their website and d registration from CAC, research on it.. but if you don't still believe, then apply on your on own peril.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Azijo: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2016
femoalaofin:
my people.... IBOSET NA BIG SCAM...HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED IT.. BE CAREFUL O..WILL DO MY PART IN REPORTING TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES COS I AV BEEN A VICTIM OF A SIMILAR CASE.. if you don't believe me..please carefully Google search the term "iboset", you will find out that it is incipient, everything seems new, d Facebook account, even the LinkedIn and there said they have people who have benefitted from it since yet everything is new as if it jus started and no background at all.. also carefully read the legal notice on their website and d registration from CAC, research on it.. but if you don't still believe, then apply on your on own peril.

Well, SCAM or NO SCAM, I have submitted my application already there's nothing I can do.

But on your claims, I think you are over reacting based on your previous unpleasant experience. Why I am saying so is because:
1.) If you read Legal Notices of most companies and organisations, you will see that is how its always worded i.e with no liability on their part......for instance check MAERSK GROUP's LEGAL NOTICE at http://www.maersk.com/en/front-page-requirements/legal-notice
2.) I personally observed the fact that their social media accounts are new but this may depend on when they came online.
3.) Its not easy to open a Corporate Account with Nigerian Banks today......if you observe. They verify everything even to the needle. So concerning their registration from CAC, its the Bank that should be the first to validate this.

Anyway, carefully watching the end.
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by handsomebolanle: 7:00am On Aug 29, 2016
Please can someone Verify these claims? Or could this get tho the front page for further insights?
Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by handsomebolanle: 7:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Good points... still suspicious... their office @ ikoyi... and I wonder why such an organisation will make a mistake like that...

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by handsomebolanle: 7:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Good points... still suspicious... their office @ ikoyi... and I wonder why such an international organisation will make a mistake like that...

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by Shams101: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
IBOSET is a confirmed scam, I just received an email from one of the alleged beneficiary of the scholarship who happens to be a former adviser to president obasanjo on petroleum matters. Below is the email I got from Dr. Egbogah

Dear Salako:
IBOSET is clearly a fraud, that is, what they call 419 in Nigeria.
You are smart to have noticed that an organisation that claimed to have been established in 2006 could NOT have awarded a PhD research grant/scholarship to someone like me who completed and received his Imperial College PhD in July 12979. I think that they find it very compelling to use my name to attract applicants to their doom.
Please help spread the word to others not to engage in the loss of their #1000. I shall bring this matter to the attention of EFCC.
Regards
Dr Egbogah

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Salako Babatunde <babatundeshams.salako@gmail.com> wrote:
Name= Salako Babatunde

Notes= Good day Sir,
My name is salako babatunde, a graduate of mechanical engineering from the university of Lagos. Sir, being an individual who is striving to get top quality education for my master's degree but solely depend on scholarships to achieve this, I stumbled upon a scholarship body called The International Board For Offshore and Subsea Engineering and Technology (IBOSET). Sir, while trying to check for the authenticity of the scholarship board, I found your name on the list of the beneficiaries where it was alleged you were awarded a research grant for your PhD. Sir, upon reviewing your CV that I downloaded from your Web page, I couldn't find IBOSET on your scholarship awards. Sir, additionally, IBOSET claimed to have be founded in 2006, hence, I find it impossible that IBOSET could have awarded you a research grant for PhD programmes you finished in 1976 and 1979. Sir, I would appreciate it if I can verify this scholarship body from you. Your quick response to this message would be highly appreciated and helpful because there are many unsuspecting Nigerians who have applied or are still applying for this scholarship. An application fee of #1000 is being paid to apply for the scholarship.

Sir, if it is a false claim by IBOSET, I would like you to use your power and position to help Nigerians bring the perpetrators behind this to book.
Thank you for your time sir
date= 15-09-2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scholarships For Masters And PhD by tad360degrees: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello house just browsing tru & need a legit guide , Im doing my Ph.D program in Uniben ... Please someone should direct Me to scholarships that can aid students here in Nigeria .. Scholarships or grants in any discipline.. I will b most grateful
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Discover A Girl That Loves You When You Are In Higher Institution / How Are The Beard Gang Coping With Bumps / Most Expensive Private Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.