Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns (29185 Views)

Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta / Relocate Your Hgtrs To A-ibom Or…, Militant Group Warns Mobil Read More At: Htt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 19, 2016
IBENO—As the seven-day ultimatum issued by Oyobio-Oyobio, one of the militant groups in the Niger Delta to Mobil Producing Nigeria, MPN,to relocate its headquarters from Lagos to Akwa-Ibom State expires today, leader of the group, ‘General’ Obuma Oyobio, yesterday, reiterated the resolve of the group to carry out its threat.

The ultimatum which is contained in a statement by the leader of the group, said: “We hereby give a seven-day ultimatum to Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited and other oil firms operating in Akwa Ibom State to relocate their headquarters to the state or face dire consequences.

“We have the capability to burn down any tank farm and bring down aeroplanes and choppers. Oil and gas pipelines will not be spared during our operations.”

The group advised ExxonMobil to carry out thorough clean-up of the environment as is being done in Ogoniland by Shell.

To make bold the threat, the militants called on all oil workers in the state both onshore and offshore locations to stay away from work on the expiration of the seven-day ultimatum for their safety.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/relocate-your-hqtrs-to-a-ibom-or-militant-group-warns-mobil/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Observing
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Flyingngel(m): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Avengers shld pursue this devoid of violence. I remember when Obong Victor Attah fought OBJ on resource control and also Mobil to relocate this headquarter to their area of operation. Thou he succeeded with Obj but Mobil we playing hide and seek, talking abt d land where their offices will b build then jump to hw they will b able to move all there staff to Akwa Ibom State.

12 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by yrret: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Too much talk these days...

NDA talk with less action

NPF talk with no comprehension

APC talk with no future ambition

Masses are only talking with provocation

Still... Nobody thinks of any action.

Even animals are loosing their Passion

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Oche211(m): 6:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Waiting nd watching for the worst that they can do

1 Like

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by olaric(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2016
At the end of the day, it is the guys from the Niger Delta Region that suffer. Scaring away investors when states, regions and countries are wooing them is the most backward decision or step anyone can take in such a time as this.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Yorubas sitting tight and adjusting their seats...all oil companies headquarters to be moved from Lagos to Uyo. My Ibibio brothers are wisening up.

69 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by hucienda: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2016
All man don shine eye.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by temitemi1(m): 7:20am On Aug 19, 2016
Fair enough cool cool cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Tunami(m): 7:35am On Aug 19, 2016
Observing.
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by babyfaceafrica: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2016
story
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Beadex1(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2016
this is long over due, how can host community be deprived of their right to access the company but everything about the oil companies are been navigated in lagos and controlled by another people.....a trip down to mobil platform Eket will show you that majority of workers there are from yoruba...should it be so? what about the IGR that those company are generating to another state nkor.....i do not know why everybody takes the Niger Delta as a fool...Enough of this shit.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by OsuIbo: 8:01am On Aug 19, 2016
Uduak2019:
Yorubas sitting tight and adjusting their seats...all oil companies headquarters to be moved from Lagos to Uyo. My Ibibio brothers are wisening up.
Lol. Igbo boy claiming ibibio. Dangote is currently constructing the largest Oil Refinery, Petrochemical, and Fertilizer Plant in Lagos.

You openly celebrate whenever the avengers blow up pipeline in the the Niger Delta, but you still complain when investors relocate from the Niger Delta to the South West. Militancy and the threat of violence is not what is used to attract FDI.

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by princemillla(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2016
All eyes, aggression, threat on oil these days.

My prayer is indeed coming to pass
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by OsuIbo: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
this is long over due, how can host community be deprived of their right to access the company but everything about the oil companies are been navigated in lagos and controlled by another people.....a trip down to mobil platform Eket will show you that majority of workers there are from yoruba...should it be so? what about the IGR that those company are generating to another state nkor.....i do not know why everybody takes the Niger Delta as a fool...Enough of this shit.
Mobil is a multi national company. They are after profilt and not concerned about your tribal tantrums. That the Mobil Platform at Eket is largely staffed by Yoruba simply means that the Yoruba are more qualified than others. You do not expect an IOC like Mobil to be after ethnic considerations inlieu of competence. Abi na militant wey dey drink ogogoro, wey no go school dem go employ?

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by olaNL: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:

3 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by olaNL: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:

Mobil is a private company. you can't force them to do anything they are not willing to do. BTW violence is not the way to woo investors to the sate. you have to provide enabling environment.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by onespecial(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
olaric:
At the end of the day, it is the guys from the Niger Delta Region that suffer. Scaring away investors when states, regions and countries are wooing them is the most backward decision or step anyone can take in such a time as this.

Yes, u are wooing foreign investors to come and damage their land and shift the goodies to Lagos and Abuja. Devilish people

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by zuchyblink(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Niger Deltans are tired of Afonjas deceit

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Beadex1(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
Mobil is a multi national company. They are after profilt and not concerned about your tribal tantrums. That the Mobil Platform at Eket is largely staffed by Yoruba simply means that the Yoruba are more qualified than others. You do not expect an IOC like Mobil to be after ethnic considerations inlieu of competence. Abi na militant wey dey drink ogogoro, wey no go school dem go employ?
all this bla bla black will soon end.........so for ur carton mind yorubas are more superior than the south and if i may ask what important business do Mobil have in Lagos that tantamount to one here in Eket ....DONT worry time will tell

31 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
so why do you want to share a country with those wey no go school?
You see ur hypocrisy, so you are calling South South people Ogogoro illiterates?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Goke7: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Mobil should even relocate their international headquarters from the US sef to Akwa ibom grin

Unserious bunch of fellows

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by AZeD1(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
all this bla bla black will soon end.........so for ur carton mind yorubas are more superior than the south and if i may ask what important business do Mobil have in Lagos that tantamount to one here in Eket ....DONT worry time will tell
Nobody has threatened them in Lagos.
Only people alive do business.

Some years back, Shell didn't have an office in Lagos, their training school was in Warri and head office was moved from Lagos, to PH, as of today, they've reopened the office in Lagos and sold off all their assets in Warri.
I leave you to figure why that happened.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by OsuIbo: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
Go blow pipeline jor.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by OsuIbo: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
You see ur hypocrisy, so you are calling South South people Ogogoro illiterates?
I am sure you arent dyslexic. Read my comment again. I did not refer to the South Southerners as ogogoro illiterates. I was refering to the militants. Perhaps, in your own dictionary, all south southerners are militants

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
when yoruba people where busy schooling all over the world ur people are busy drinking ogogoro and forming mend,avenger,bunkering while hausas were busy sending alamjiris to the street now u see a huge educated yoruba worforce and complain they worked for it ..while we didnt

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
majority are

7 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by victorvezx(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
Guy no come here dey shed tears. Dey talk like say una fit change anything. As far as Nigeria remain for hundreds of years, we go continue they take the oil from una land, and una no go do anything. Yimu, go bomb pipeline joor, na una talent be that.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
I am sure you arent dyslexic. Read my comment again. I did not refer to the South Southerners as ogogoro illiterates. I was refering to the militants. Perhaps, in your own dictionary, all south southerners are militants
stop changing topic.
What a chamelon attitude.
You said that SS people are not that employed in oil company bcus they are illiterates, why denying ur word?
Why are you guys scared of South South controlling their oil resources?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by ba7man(m): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Not all south south people are Millitants.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Buhari Sealed SGF Lawal’s, NIA Dg’s Fate / Protest Against Bad Governance In Imo State (Photos) / Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.