Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Like Elephants - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Like Elephants (728 Views)

25 Things You Might Not Know About Elephants / Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? / MUST SEE Images Of Girl Living With Leopards, Cobras And Elephants In BUSH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Elephants by Jonluv(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
As I was passing the elephants, During my tour in Shimba Hills, I was confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not. I saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away?. "Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free!!"
I was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.
What a Lesson.
Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?
Re: Like Elephants by AniLee(f): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2009
This is actually quite good, but is it naturally ur thots? I know u Jon. U aint a natural writer. Thinker yes. But writer, nope. Is it actually supposed to be in Romance Section?
Re: Like Elephants by Jonluv(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thank you bby gal @ Ani. Nah it aint my original thoughts but at least give me credit for being idealistic and picking a good tip. This is Romance Section?? LOL my bad. I did not realize your ways. grin
Re: Like Elephants by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
Very good analogy smiley
Re: Like Elephants by AniLee(f): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Jon
I knew it!  grin  grin Shimba Hills my ass. You've never even been there  grin  grin  grin. Just cause I told you about them. Anyway, 1 thing I know am not like those elephants. Sometimes try to achieve certian things. Its always worth the chance. And if it fails, too bad but no regrets. Different conditions and situations can make you succeed at the same thing you once failed at. Good one lovey, not too bad.
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
Jonluv:

As I was passing the elephants, During my tour in Shimba Hills, I was confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not. I saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away?. "Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free!!"
I was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.
What a Lesson.
Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  i always advice pple to never give up on a 'supposed lost battle'  i once gave up once, and swore i wont again, even God has a way of doing things and brought it back my way
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ani Lee:

@ Jon
I knew it!  grin  grin Shimba Hills my ass. You've never even been there  grin  grin  grin. Just cause I told you about them. Anyway, 1 thing I know am not like those elephants. Sometimes try to achieve certian things. Its always worth the chance. And if it fails, too bad but no regrets. Different conditions and situations can make you succeed at the same thing you once failed at. Good one lovey, not too bad.

whats these? i was so loving this thread until your reply came in, can someone get a cane and flog all these kids that run around feeling like they are the reason for every thread that pops out
Re: Like Elephants by MissyB1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nice one, Poster.
This should wake us all up from the ''I-can't-do-it'' mentality.

!amebo no1:

whats these? i was so loving this thread until your reply came in, can someone get a cane and flog all these kids that run around feeling like they are the reason for every thread that pops out
Amebo eh!!!! grin grin
Re: Like Elephants by Jonluv(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

no need to get ruffled up. she (Ani) is indeed the reason for this thread. She knows her place man. She's real cool and being honest. And you bet what she just said about not being like the elephants is damn true. As a matter of fact I dedicate this thread to her.
Re: Like Elephants by Shola2009(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
Amebo 1, wetin be your own?? na wh send u? the poster no even vex, na u come dey vex! pls stop that!
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
Shola2009:

Amebo 1, wetin be your own?? na wh send u? the poster no even vex, na u come dey vex! pls stop that!

come before i count 1 to 15 run comot here angry angry angry angry

Why do i have the feeling that OP is ani lee herself
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2009
hahahahhahahahahahahha confirmation jonluv is the same as anilee

i laugh hahahahhahahaha

welli laugh with me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Like Elephants by AniLee(f): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

oh damn! @ amebo. in your face!!

Jonluv:

no need to get ruffled up. she (Ani) is indeed the reason for this thread. She knows her place man. She's real cool and being honest. And you bet what she just said about not being like the elephants is damn true. As a matter of fact I dedicate this thread to her.

thank you very much Jon dearest  kiss
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ani Lee:

oh damn! @ amebo. in your face!!

thank you very much Jon dearest  kiss

shut up, i have ervy proof i need that jon is the same person as u, and you are playing this game alone

do you so lack attention dear? is that why you wanna be noticed? grin grin grin grin

wait let me ask other IT pros come confirm it too, deny it as much as you want
Re: Like Elephants by AniLee(f): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
LOL. @ amebo, you are saying am Jon? hehehe  grin you real funny dude. Ask dem oda nlanders dat knws Jon. He is a guy and I a gal. Still more, dos dat know him and I in person may verify to you that we both exist as two absolutely different individuals each with his own mind, body, spirit, soul, heart etc. You have cracked me up real good today  grin  grin  grin
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ani Lee:

LOL. @ amebo, you are saying am Jon? hehehe  grin you real funny dude. Ask dem oda nlanders dat knws Jon. He is a guy and I a gal. Still more, dos dat know him and I in person may verify to you that we both exist as two absolutely different individuals each with his own mind, body, spirit, soul, heart etc. You have cracked me up real good today  grin  grin  grin

bla bla bla, keep shut, shameless attention seeking two piece of shit grin grin grin

you know when you logged out and jon logged on, i was like WTH, and then you posted with your jon id(with ani lee showing signed out), signed out and logged back on with ani-lee

sheeshhhhh people have played this game before, grin grin grin grin grin you seem to have forgotten that there is a way of checking pple's ip address

idiot grin grin
Re: Like Elephants by AniLee(f): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
grin moving on,,,,,,,,,
Re: Like Elephants by MissyB1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2009
!amebo no1:

hahahahhahahahahahahha confirmation jonluv is the same as anilee

i laugh hahahahhahahaha

welli laugh with me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ma Dear . . . na Monday morning, no watse Your time.
The Jon sumtin-sumtin and Ani get their own business . . . .Check dating sec.
How Your amebo self? grin
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ani Lee:

grin moving on,,,,,,,,,

please do, sorry you were caught today, no dont log out,wait ehn grin grin grin dont cover your face in shame grin grin grin

Sorry today isnt your day, how could i have not known since when you used your jon id to open up a thread for ani lee

shameless criminal, frustrated attention seeking yama-yama grin grin grin grin
Re: Like Elephants by amebono1: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2009
Missy B:

Ma Dear . . . na Monday morning, no watse Your time.
The Jon sumtin-sumtin and Ani get their own business . . . .Check dating sec.
How Your amebo self? grin

dont mind the silly gurl screaming for attention, ass wipe grin grin grin grin

im coming over to the dating sec cool

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Favorate Online Shopping Website Here! / Landlord Is A Wicked Person / Kidnappers Demand N1 Billion To Release Exxonmobil School Principal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.