Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) (10357 Views)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / US President Obama Lead Them In Prayer, Should They Pay Back The Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Aminat508(f): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2016

Salah can be considered as a priceless gift from Allah. It enables us to put forward all our needs in front of Allah and request whatever we need from Him.

Though Salah is a blessing which cannot be given a value, yet many Muslims still tend to neglect it.

A common problem which arises during Salah is the loss of concentration. Instead of focusing on Almighty Allah we tend to focus on unwanted elements. I would like to put forward some suggestions which will help you how to Increase concentration on Allah alone during Salah.

1. Pray 2 Rakaths before every fardh prayer

I recommend that you should pray at least 02 Rakaths before every fardh (Obligatory) prayer. Sunnah prayers can be used as a practice to concentrate on Salah. The more you pray the more practice you get. Thus you will be able to concentrate more on your salah.

2. Learn the meaning of the Surahs which you recite in salah

The Quran is a unique book. It has got the ability to attract anyone, due to its beauty and cadence. Yet it is essential to know the meaning. We’ll never get distracted from our salah if we focus on the meaning of the Surahs which we recite, for indeed the Quran is a book like no other, a revelation from Almighty Allah himself.

3. Recite a Surah which you do not recite often

By reciting a Surah which you do not recite often, you’ll be able to concentrate on more your salah, because you should focus solely on the Surah to remember it. On the contrary, if you keep on reciting the same Surah you will not pay attention to it as you are familiar with the Surah.

4. Offer your Salah as if it’s your last

Think of the prayer you are performing as if it is your last and the final salah in your life. And it might very well be your last one because no one is guaranteed that he will live to perform another prayer.

5. Complete all your needs before offering Salah

Make sure that you fulfill all your needs before offering salah. For example; if you are hungry or thirsty, eat and drink well before praying so that you needn’t worry about these things while praying. This will help you to focus on your salah.

6. Identify the reasons which distract you during salah and eliminate them

Find out all the reasons which disturb you during salah. For example if it’s the sound, choose a place where there is no sound to offer your salah. Likewise, eliminate all other distractions by choosing a suitable place to pray.

7. Always offer your salah in congregation

When you offer salah individually Shaytan will be able to take away your concentration easily. But when you pray in congregation you feel a sense of togetherness and at the same time you will not easily get misled. This can be evinced by this saying of prophet Muhammad (PBUH),”Be attached to a Jamath for verily the wolf catches the lonely sheep.

Likewise, Shaytan misleads the one who lives in solitude”.

8. Remember that you are standing in front of Allah! The lord of the worlds

Always keep in mind that during salah you are directly communicating with Allah-The lord of the universe.Never forget,that even though Allah’s mercy is far more than his anger yet his punishment is unbearable. And performing salah in a wrong manner is one reason why He gets angry.

9. Wear a clean dress before offering salah

By wearing a clean dress you will get a feeling of being well prepared to face your lord. Therefore, it gives you an excellent chance to focus on your prayer with a peaceful mind.

10. Ask for help from Allah

Last but not least ask help from Allah to rectify your Salah. Even if you follow all the methods mentioned above, yet nothing is possible without the help of Allah.

May Allah help us all to rectify our salah and enter Jannah. Aameen!

https://muslimvillage.com/2016/08/16/119761/10-tips-concentration-prayer-salah/

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Dullahi(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Allahumma ameen. Jazakiallah khair.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Yasirarafat: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Jzkllh khair

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Canme4u(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Dullahi:
Allahumma ameen. Jazakiallah khair.
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by thundabot(f): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by MeenalKd(f): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakhillahu khairan sis ..jummaat mubarak

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by alfaHaywhy(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2016
Actually.. Its a good tip. But to cut the story short, when having a salat in a congregation and the imam start with a surah with long verse i normally concentrate at first by repeating the verse in my mind. But along the way, its start wavering. And likely to lose concentration. [may Almighty Allah forgive me of my sins] thats a problem to me, so i resort to praying alone.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by sojious: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Just like the op has said,knowing the meaning of the verses being recited helps a lot.
The time that's usually wasted on unecessary thoughts can be used in reflecting on the meaning of these verses while in salat.
NICE ONE OP!
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR..

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by okims: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Jaazaka lahu airan
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakhillahu khairan sis kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by snezBaba: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakum lallahu Khairan
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by mokoshalb(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakha Lahu Khairan Kesiirran wink wink wink
May ALLAH help me...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by morayolawal: 10:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakhumullahu Khairan Jumuah Mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Lalashi1(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2016
May Allah strengthen us all in Iman.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Adek15(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2016
alfaHaywhy:
Actually.. Its a good tip. But to cut the story short, when having a salat in a congregation and the imam start with a surah with long verse i normally concentrate at first by repeating the verse in my mind. But along the way, its start wavering. And likely to lose concentration. [may Almighty Allah forgive me of my sins] thats a problem to me, so i resort to praying alone.
praying alone isn't there solution unless you are a female. I'm sure i even waver more than you. Only Allah can help us

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Deejay1000(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2016
jazakallahu kairan ....

I find it difficult to concentrate while praying, there's always one thing or the other which always comes to my mind but I guess I'll try these tips and insha Allah I pray it works ... juma'at Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by eitsei(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2016
Wonderful tips, thanks for sharing yaa ukhtiy

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Deejay1000:
jazakallahu kairan ....

I find it difficult to concentrate while praying, there's always one thing or the other which always comes to my mind but I guess I'll try these tips and insha Allah I pray it works ... juma'at Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum

In addition to the op;

Before you start salaah, say Allaahu akbar kabeera(x3), walhamdulillahi katheera(x3) wasubhanallaahi bukratan wa aseela(x1), a'udhubillaahi minash-shaytan min nafkhihi, wa nafthihi, wa hamzihi.

While standing look at the place you want to place your forehead for sujood.

Now if shaytan still disturbs you, spit to your left thrice and say a'udhubillaah min-shaytaanir rajeem as you spit.

Allaah knows best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Deejay1000(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:

In addition to the op;

Before you start salaah, say Allaahu akbar kabeera(x3), walhamdulillahi katheera(x3) wasubhanallaahi bukratan wa aseela(x1), a'udhubillaahi minash-shaytan min nafkhihi, wa nafthihi, wa hamzihi.

While standing look at the place you want to place your forehead for sujood.

Now if shaytan still disturbs you, spit to your left thrice and say a'udhubillaah min-shaytaanir rajeem as you spit.

Allaah knows best.

thanks alot jazakallahu kairan
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by habss: 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Alhamdulilah
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by gaffig: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
alfaHaywhy:
Brother, Resort to praying alone? Abaaaaa dats not even an option. I'll advice you concentrate on looking at the spot of prostration, May Allah forgive our short comings

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by skup008(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Interesting tips.... Jazakiallah khair.
Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Jafar1: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Same goes to me during prayers, i always lose concentration especially if the imman i reciting a long surah, bt i will try and follow the tips and May ALLAH SWT GUIDE ME. AMEEN

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakallah khairan

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Bimpe29: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Alhamdulillahi for this priceless reminder and admonition.
Jazakallahu Khair.
May the continued peace, blessing and guidance of Allah be with us ameen.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Whizkeey(m): 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
Looking forward to know the meaning of each Surah...

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by adexyormait(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakhillahu khaeran ya uztaziat

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Dprince3465(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Aameenah yah Allah!
Jazakumullahu khaeran!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by herkeym001(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Barks Jumma'h

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jazakumulah for these tips!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) by gokay11(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for these tips, may Allah reward you abundantly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Send Free Ramadan/eid Text Messages To Your Muslim Loved Ones / Russia '18 World Cup: From Another Corner / Mosque Dreams: Any One With A Clue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.