Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,471 members, 7,857,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes (1342 Views)

Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos / Indian Woman Kills Her Husband, Puts His Dead Body In A Suitcase (Photos, Video) / Robber Snatches Lady’s Phone In Port Harcourt; Mocks Her On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Emmaxman4best: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Magarini residents are living in fear of attacks by wild animals after a lion killed a 10-year-old girl at Kulesa village, Kilifi County, Kenya on Tuesday night.

The incident is said to have happened at around 3a.m when Winnie Makupe was sleeping in their grass-thatched house together with her family.

"We were awoken by screams after a lion sneaked into our house and grabbed Makupe with its jaws and ran into the thick bush," narrated the victims' grandfather Katana Karisa outside Malindi hospital mortuary.

Mr Karisa said efforts to rescue her were futile as the hungry lion could recharge and chase them.

"Neighbours, who heard the screams, joined us while armed with pangas, bows and arrows," he said adding that "but by this time, the lion had already vanished into the bushes and screams of our dear one had also diminished."

The search for the girl in the hope of finding her alive was later joined by police and Kenya Wildlife Service officers.

"We found a traumatising scene of the girls' remains a kilometre away from the home at around 11am," he said.

Earlier, Mtoroni residents also rescued a 14-year-old school boy Kelvin Mbingwa from a lion that attacked him in broad daylight.

Area ward representative Stanley Kenga called for government intervention in order to end human-wildlife conflict.

READ MORE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/lion-snatches-girl-from-home-kills-her.html

Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by mejai(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2016
lalasticlala come and see lion o. Me don tear race.

1 Like

Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 19, 2016
Lion too dey feel buhari for kenya
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by bamirotola: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Post pix of d girl in d lions mouth or adonbilivit.....

RIP to d dead
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Petmax: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
abeg no run leave me na, wait oooo

lalasticlala must hear this
mejai:
lalasticlala come and see lion o. Me don tear race.
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by chiokeVGC(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2016
fit i no reach kenya oh! shocked
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 20, 2016
R.I.P to the dead.

But why do people live in close proximity to such volatile areas? it is news like this that make whites ask us Africans if wild animals live close to our homes in Africa.
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 20, 2016
That's a lazy lion with bad manners.

It needs to be killed now that it has gotten a taste of human flesh because it will not hunt anything else again undecided .
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by success1smyn(m): 6:13am On Aug 20, 2016
RIP GIRL

LIONNN..... RUNS OUT
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by malenko01(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2016
kai dat lion grew up in Warri, smooth criminal
Re: Lion Snatches Girl From Home, Kills Her In Bushes by Emmaxman4best: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Buhahahaha

Can't laugh grin grin grin
malenko01:
kai dat lion grew up in Warri, smooth criminal

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! : I Only Love Having S*x With Animals_ 39-year Old Lady Reveals / d monkey has paid my money oloshi guy / Man Shot And Robbed Now At Okigwe Road In Owerri (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.