Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? (5249 Views)

Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by FarukuWadata12(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello to everyone here, I hope you people are doing well today.
I actually want to open a bank account, so I'm here to ask you people what are the procedures should I have to follow before I can guarantee my personal acct. I also determined to open the dollar acct in which I can receive or transfer dollar without huge dropping. Lastly I'm conjecturing which bank has smooth policies to adapt and easy. pls I need your help, thanks.
Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by donfemo(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2016
usually you can open account with no documentation but for a standard Savings account and a domiciliary account then you will require the following.

2 recent passport photographs
A valid means of identification. (such as the Data page of your International passport, drivers’ license, National ID card and/or Voters’ card).)
A recent utility bill not older than 3 months as proof of residence.
For current accounts, you will be required to provide 2 references

2 Likes

Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by FarukuWadata12(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2016
donfemo:
usually you can open account with no documentation but for a standard Savings account and a domiciliary account then you will require the following.

2 recent passport photographs
A valid means of identification. (such as the Data page of your International passport, drivers’ license, National ID card and/or Voters’ card).)
A recent utility bill not older than 3 months as proof of residence.
For current accounts, you will be required to provide 2 references

Thank you for your kind explanation, but some people said I should take the NEPA bill too, is that true?
Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by donfemo(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2016
FarukuWadata12:

Thank you for your kind explanation, but some people said I should take the NEPA bill too, is that true?

Just like i stated a recent utility bill. A utility bill can be NEPA, Water bill, LAWMA receipt etc. Any receipt that carries your house address. This bill is needed for address verification.

1 Like

Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by FarukuWadata12(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2016
donfemo:

Just like i stated a recent utility bill. A utility bill can be NEPA, Water bill, LAWMA receipt etc. Any receipt that carries your house address. This bill is needed for address verification.

But pls can you kindly suggest me a bank that run things easily?
Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by donfemo(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2016
FarukuWadata12:

But pls can you kindly suggest me a bank that run things easily?

Customer service with Skye Bank is okay and you can run things through their contact center easily. Also considering you want to receive funds from abroad i do that with Skye Bank and its been smooth and easy.
GTB is also a good bank their service is okay.
Wema is okay with good internet, Mobile banking.
Fidelity has good internet banking too.

The choice is yours. My Advice, open with 2 different banks, Nigerian banks will always mess up one day its good to have 2 different accounts. requirement is same in all banks.

1 Like

Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by FarukuWadata12(m): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2016
donfemo:

Customer service with Skye Bank is okay and you can run things through their contact center easily. Also considering you want to receive funds from abroad i do that with Skye Bank and its been smooth and easy.
GTB is also a good bank their service is okay.
Wema is okay with good internet, Mobile banking.
Fidelity has good internet banking too.

The choice is yours. My Advice, open with 2 different banks, Nigerian banks will always mess up one day its good to have 2 different accounts. requirement is same in all banks.

Thank you brother there's no enough words to express how delightful I'm for your helpful. but pls I would like to ask you my final question. how much money can I open the acct with it?
Re: How And What Are The Requirements To Open A Bank Account? by donfemo(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
FarukuWadata12:

Thank you brother there's no enough words to express how delightful I'm for your helpful. but pls I would like to ask you my final question. how much money can I open the acct with it?

operating balance depends on the bank. like i said there are accounts with zero balance but for a standard savings account minimum bal is .
Skye bank----NGN 2000
GTB------ Zero Naira
Wema NGN 600
Fidelity NGN 1000

for domiciliary account its $100. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Insurance Claims Rise Faster Than Premium Income / How To Withdraw Money From Binance To Your Bank Account / Make Money With Pos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.