Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,345 members, 7,867,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs (435 Views)

Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Solomon Dalung In Animal Skin Cultural Outfit (Photos) / Bash Ali Sues Solomon Dalung For N1billion For Assaulting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs by olavictors(m): 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
RIO OLYMPICS: SOLOMON DALUNG, I SO LOVE MY LUNGS
The lung is a biological organ that extracts oxygen from the air; it is simply our breathing organ. The Rio Olympics started in Brazil on 5th August with Nigeria sending about 80 athletes while USA sent more than 500 athletes. It was as if we have never participated in any previous Olympics or that the Rio Olympics was impromptu. This is because of the unbelievable events that surround the Olympics on the Nigeria part:
The kits that should be worn by the athletes arrived only three days to the end of the Olympics. Our athletes attended the opening ceremony in their track suit. Many athletes competed in their personal/training kits.
A lot of athletes were left to find their way to the venue of the Olympics, even our male football team arrived just hours before their first game.
Our dream team threatened to boycott their quarter final match against Denmark, it took the purse of Mikel Obi before our team agreed to play the match. Mikel had to expend almost $5,000 on the team sent to the world event by NFF.
Mariam Usman, one of our athletes at the Rio Olympics said ‘I can only consider going to another Olympics if things change for the better. But if the status quo is maintained, I don’t think I will go to another Olympics again’ she went further ‘the people you are to compete with had everything they need…I had nothing’
Well, I can go on and on with many things that went wrong with Nigeria at the 2016 Olympics, but I will stop there.
What affected my lungs and my ribs was the statement made by our Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung concerning the show of shame by Nigeria at the Olympics. Solomon blamed GEJ for the poor Rio outing, saying Jonathan handled logistics and preparations poorly. He said ‘I am barely 9 months in office…’ then I started laughing and cant breath freely and nearly cracked my ribs. This administration is 15 months old, it spent about 6 months shopping for ministers –maybe GEJ is to blame for that too. Nine months is a very long period of time, if you doubt that, ask a pregnant woman.
The blame game is everywhere in Nigeria, but the exponents of blames should know that not everyone can be fooled. I will advise this Minister to get better excuse next time he is trying to defend his failure. He should not crack my ribs, AY and Bovi are doing enough jobs on that, more so, Dalung, I love my lungs, and it helps me breathe.

Written by Ola Olusola, 19th August, 2016.
Re: Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs by RealPhoenix(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
I love my lungs too
Re: Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs by chrisnando: 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
GEJ also caused the non payment of dream team... Confused Beret minister

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Celebrate A Year Birthday Of His Daughters / Funny,chai! Popular PSG Defender Lands In Italian Jail…you Won’t Believe What He / 5 Dumbest Crimes Committed By Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.