Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Apple Continues To Lose Market Share - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Continues To Lose Market Share (487 Views)

Nigeria’s Telco Operators By Market Share, Revenues, Subscribers And Ownership. / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! / Tecno Continues To Thrill Fans With High End Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Continues To Lose Market Share by donhils: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Apple sales have been suffering lately; this is not because many people are not using the ios but simply that iphones have remained (almost) the same since 2014.
99.1% of smartphones sold this quarter were credited to Android and ios. However, 54% of this share belongs to the top 5 players namely Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Oppo and Xiaomi. Moving on, Samsung has 22.3% of the share while Apple has 12.9%.
It looks like Apple's loss is Samsung's gain because as at this quarter last year, Apple's share of the market was 14.6% while Samsung's was 18.3%.
So there you have it, Apple is losing market shares rapidly while Samsung is gaining with giant strides.
http://m.gsmarena.com/q2_market_share_results_show_apple_slowly_losing_market_share-news-20036.php

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Continues To Lose Market Share by dasphinx1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
To me, the iphone has got the same design since the iphone 6.... even render images are showing the, soon to be released, iphone 7 in similar design as the iphone 6 and 6s series. I believe Apple is actually following the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" line of thought but apparently, its not helping in their sales lately. Samsung has the S7 edge as the highest selling phone in the US for 2016. Oh well, i wouldnt say this is doom for Apple (that company is a freakin die hard), but lets just chill and observe.....

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Fairly Used A8 Or A5 Samsung? / Why MTN Keeps Turning My Location ON? / Where Can One Get Infinix X507 Stock Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.