Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed (557 Views)

Man Causes Stir As He Sits On Tor Tiv's Throne / Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) / Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Barely 72 hours after a trader, Joe Fortemose ‎Chinakwe’s detention at the police for naming his pet dog after President Muhammadu Buhari, a woman, has named her dog after the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed.
The woman, who goes by the name, Ada Ogbonna, caused a massive stir on the social media after she posted a photo of her carrying her dog.

She shared this on her wall on Facebook on Thursday, saying she named the dog after someone she admires.

She tagged the photo: “Meet my dog, Lai Mohammed.

“I named it after someone I admired. I wonder why that other man got arrested for naming his dog after a look alike, na wa o.”

Meanwhile, recall that the detained trader, ‎Chinakwe explained that he had been an ardent supporter of the President and saw nothing wrong with his action.

Upon his arrest, he had insisted: “I did not commit any offence. I named my beloved pet dog Buhari, who is my hero. My admiration for Buhari started far back when he was a military Head of State.”

The 30-year-old trader has, however, since been released following the intervention of both the Serkin Hausa and President-General of non-indigenes in Ogun state.

While some users lambasted the lady for her act, others said she was right as some of our leaders deserve to be called animals and other unprintable names.

See reactions below:

Tilo: “Some of our leaders deserve to be called animals. Dey behave as such and this is a kul idea. I go be nxt o, my snail will be Aisha Buhari.”

Duke: “Me sef get dog wey be Nnamdi Kalu!

Matty: “But this is so bad, have respect for God and leaders. People should grow up…madam u no get value for man eyes!

Bola Tosin, “The reason is simple, you are yet to be caught… Just wait.”

Kike Lucky: “Lmao…go girl! Lai has a name sake…But hope your Lai wldnt betray you like his counterpart?”

Funnybone: “Hahahaha! So, so hilarious! Apc supporters oya kill yourselves. Na me talk am!”

Igho Otori: “Follow follow copycat attitudes of our people.”

Ruth Pete: “Nigerians like trouble,dis got me laughing tho.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/19/woman-causes-stir-names-dog-lai-mohammed/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by Babycherry(f): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
If I admire someone, I will give his/her name to my child eg: Trump, Beyonce, Apple......not to an animal

Madam talk true abeg......admire niiiiiiiii, desire koooo

Either that dog looks like him or acts like him......simple.

1 Like

Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Babycherry:
If I admire someone, I will give his/her name to my child eg: Trump, Beyonce, Apple......not to an animal

Madam talk true abeg......admire niiiiiiiii, desire koooo

Either that dog looks like him or acts like him......simple.

grin grin grin grin grin.

Chai cheesy cheesy You nailed it babe.
Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nigerians and copy copy.
madam you have gotten the attention you crave oya clap for yourself
Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by staymore: 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
She meant Lia Muhammed not Lai Mohammed. If any case is instituted against her she will win smoothly.
Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
staymore:
She meant Lia Muhammed not Lai Mohammed. If any case is instituted against her she will win smoothly.

but don't you think its wrong? We need to respect our elders if leaders.
Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by staymore: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
DONSMITH123:

but don't you think its wrong? We need to respect our elders if leaders.

I think she is not referring to any elder or leader. Her dog is simply Lia Muhammed.
Re: Woman Causes Stir As She Names Dog Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin
staymore:

I think she is not referring to any elder or leader. Her dog is simply Lia Muhammed.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Not Against Biafra –guy Ikokwu, Elder Statesman / See Pics 4rm EdoDecideDebate & Wat Obaseki & Pastor Ize-Iyamu Said At The Debate / 48 Hours Of Unintrrptd Electricity In My Area And It's Still Available Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.