Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? (782 Views)

Xiaomi Launches 3 New Devices: Mi Mix 2, Mi Gaming Laptop And Mi AI Speaker Min / TECNO Mobile To Release 3 New Devices With Oreo 8.1 Soon / Guy Pours Wine On His Phone At Jokers Club In Benin (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by VincentOkojie(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
We
are all excited and full of anticipation when Infinix teases us with their new devices, as human beings we always strive for bigger and better things, that's why we are so delighted when get a rumor or sneak peek of any new Infinix device, we then cannot wait to rush and get latest Infinix device when it's been released for sale.

The new versions of any mobile phone always try to be an improvement over the previous version through either new features, the screen quality, camera quality, increase in ram size and rom size, software optimizations, a new OS and most importantly higher version of SOC(system on chip).

Infinix always makes an improvement over previous version of their devices in terms of software optimizations and new features like fingerprint sensors and etc.but then Infinix most times forget about improving the SOC, in recent times Infinix has used the same SOC found on the older version of a device on the same line of the newer version of the device.

Infinix Hot line is dominated by the SOC MT6580 which is quad core 1.3 GHz CPU with a Mali400mp1 GPU , This same SOC was used in Hot 2 , Hot 3 and the recently released Hot 4, the only difference being the Hot 3 LTE which has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 415 SOC

The Infinix Note series excluding the Hot Note is now being dominated by the SOC MT6753 which is an Octacore 1.3ghz CPU coupled with a Mali 720mp3 GPU, this SOC was first seen on the Note 2 last year but then Infinix still decided to put it on the Latest version of the Note series, The Note 3.

Big brands like Samsung, Sony, Apple and Huawei don't use the same SOC from the older version of their devices on the newer version from the same line, Infinix should try and follow the footsteps of these big brands and put the latest highend or midrange mediatek SOCs on their devices rather than rehashing old SOCs in new devices from the same series.

In the past, brands like Nokia and Blackberry have done the same by rehashing the same SOC from an older device over and over again, Infinix please don't follow the same path. I expected the Hot 4 to have at least a MT6735 and the Note 3 at least a Helio P10(MT6755), but to my disappointment, they all came with older SOCs.

I'm expecting Infinix team to change their ways and put the latest mediatek high performance SOC, the Helio X20/X25 in the upcoming Zero 4, the xfans won't happy to see same Helio X10 from Zero 3 on it.

Do you think that the new devices from Infinix, the Hot 4 and Zero 3 are old wine in new bottle ? If you disagree or agree then please leave your comments below

-andyuna

7 Likes

Re: Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by Tallesty1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
My problem with infinix, tecno, itel etc isn't their continuous use of mediatek soc but the fact they use out-dated ones mostly.

1 Like

Re: Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Well, I agree with you, there are obvious differences in the diferent brand sof the likes of samsung,htc,song,oneplus and many others.. These guys should learn to improve all their different phones, they just release the same thing every single time with little little differences
Re: Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by Sphilip1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
My problem with infinix, tecno, itel etc isn't their continuous use of mediatek soc but the fact they use out-dated ones mostly.

Obob.... They re taking us for a fool or what. Cant they just put customers need fit?

Let them learn from apple abeg
Re: Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by Elxandre(m): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
It would have been palatable if they were using mtk6592, but the ubiquitous 6580? sad
Come-on!

1 Like

Re: Infinix New Devices, Old Wine In New Bottle? by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
LOL
"Old Wine in New Bottle " grin grin
OP I like you already.. No homo smiley

(1) (Reply)

Is 17k Too Much For Samsung Galaxy X? / In Need Of An Android Phone Of 15k In Owerri / Google Pixel Phone Supports Data Transfer To Ios Or Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.