Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East (1394 Views)

Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South / Donald Trump Endorses Biafran Independence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by kelabok(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
The Biafran issue has become a trending topic in the social media, religious and social gathering in the south East and other parts of the country. The issue have divided even families; this is given to the fact that some view it with lots of skepticism while others herald it. Amongst those that are more of Biafrans than Nigerians (by this I mean those born before or during the war) they crave for the rebirth of a nation they once adored.
The resurrection of the Biafran ghost was born out of necessity. Bearing in mind the untold neglect the people of Biafra have faced since the down of the Democratic dispensation, one really begins to wonder the place of the old south East in the whole Nigerian project. A region abandoned and rejected, left to its own faith, only their never say die approach have kept them. The challenge of the south East is not only the near absence of the federal government but also a deliberate attempt by the powers that be to erase the Biafran heritage from the history books. The government education policy have never allowed the true Biafran story to be told. Those available were distorted to paint the Biafran pioneers black. Those involved forgot that oral tradition is ingrained in the Igbo culture. The distorted facts on the pages of text books was demystified by stories told by the old sage that experienced the Biafran/Nigerian war first hand and the events that led to it.
Instead of preserving the Biafran heritage as developed countries of the West do; the discoveries of the Biafran scientists and other sites were either not well preserved or destroyed. The Nigerian government appeared to be winning until between 1999 to 2000 when the struggle picked momentum with the creation of MASSOB. This opened up the wounds and the flies(federal government) dived to clamp down the agitation for a sovereign state of Biafra. The government in their usual way extended an olive branch to the leaders of this group and when it seemed that the struggle was dying a natural death;a new group of more sophisticated young lads emerged willing to dissect all that stands on its way. The leader of the indigenous people of Biafra embarked on public enlightenment and the crude exposure of the dealings of the political class. His moves led the government to go after that Igbo enemy of the state;and thus his incarceration. The question is do you treat the symptoms of a cancer or the curse? The problem is not Nnamdi kanu neither is it with the Niger Delta Avengers; the problem lies in the erected structure of inequality in the country. A structure that takes what belongs to one person and gives it to another and expect that person to smile home. A structure built on the satisfaction of the insatiable appetite of one person living others to feed from the crumbles of its own resources. This crumble do not even get to the target population but ends up in the pockets of government contractors and other vested interest and you expect the poor masses to be quite.
The hegemonic oppressors will continue to use what ever means available to make sure that they remain at the apex. They employ the tool of division, stereotyping etc. They tell use that the Igbo man does not love his brother;that in an ideal situation that the Igbo man and it's more related brothers in the Niger Delta can not co-exist.... All to bring more division within use in other to rule Pepertually. If there is a lesson to be learnt, I believe the voting pattern during the 2015 general elections have said it all. The Igbo takes the south southern as brothers more than any other on the country. I believe it is high time our Igbo brotherbrother in the south south who were deliberately drafted out of main stream Igbo state to deny the Igbo the right full claim in the Nigeria oil to realise their true identity and Wear it's crown with dignity and pride.
Just like the Hausa and Yoruba;the actions of Enugu state governments at appointing an Abia man as the chief of staff is enough proof that there is an undying love amongst the Igbo people.
On the other hand, some have argued that the south East/south south (Biafra) will not survive due to their dependence on the north for staple foods. I will say that because we have forgotten how viable we were in agricultural activities in time past does not mean we can not just live a lion that forgot to use his claw for self defence does not mean it lack claws. Anambra state and Ebonyi state in the past have shun like a million star in agriculture and for other states;when the time comes we shall see after all necessity they say is the mother of invention.
Biafra for me should be allowed to come to pass;but not as an independent state but as a region in a one United Nigeria. The task in the hand of the Igbo elite should be to reposition the Biafran nation in such a way that it would be self reliant given the abundance of human and material resources around in the region and also their entrepreneurial edge. The structure necessary for Biafra and in extention other regions no matter the name they chose to bear; to flourish and prosper will be discussed in my next write up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by asorocker: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Biafra is dead and buried
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by MadamExcellency: 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
asorocker:

But Nigeria is alive and stinking profusely.

One thing is sure, the Sun will surely rise from the East.

I love to see my people rule their destiny.

All tribes in Nigeria have something to make them great. A good neighbour/friend is better than a bullying husband or a nagging wife.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Bia-Fraud. Land of the drug peddlers

1 Like

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by BeClever: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
[s]
asorocker:
[/s]
Is Nigeria alive?

I hope this is not your village.. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
MadamExcellency:

While Nigeria is alive and stinking.

One thing is sure, the Sun is surely rise from the East.

I love to my people rule their destiny.
shut up, your people are nothing but a bunch of cowards. Bring your biafra nonsense to the north if you've guts

1 Like

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by asorocker: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
MadamExcellency:

While Nigeria is alive and stinking.

One thing is sure, the Sun is surely rise from the East.

I love to my people rule their destiny.

All tribes in Nigeria have something to make them great. A good neighbour/friend is better than a bullying husband or a nagging wife.

Igbos killed and buried biafra by investing their wealth more ourside the East than in the east , 1 Billion Awolowo and Gowon cannot stop Biafra but for igbos
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by asorocker: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jibril659:
shut up, your people are nothing but a bunch of cowards. Bring your biafra nonsense to the north if you've guts

which North are you talking of , the north that is choking unders its weight of ignorance , illiteracy and poverty, all that is needed to kill off the North is for Britain to dealmalgamate Nigeria and the North will be dead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
asorocker:

which North are you talking of , the north that is choking unders its weight of ignorance , illiteracy and poverty, all that is needed to kill off the North is for Britain to dealmalgamate Nigeria and the North will be dead.
you're pained. I can see grin
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by apcisevil: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jibril659:
stupidity is a disease. ..what concerns biafra with the north?how can biafra bring biafra to the north? If you don't biafrans don't have anything do with the north

1 Like

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
apcisevil:
stupidity is a disease. ..what concerns biafra with the north?how can biafra bring biafra to the north? If you don't biafrans don't have anything do with the north
chest beater, declare Biafra if you can
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by lashout1: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
nice piece
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by Noneroone(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jibril659:
you're pained. I can see grin
you are the one that is pained nah. Nawao
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by JohnsonOlanre: 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jibril659:

Abooki gworo, come to Aba and talk your rubbish. Body go tell you, ask your brothers.
Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by AntiIPOOP(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
apcisevil:
Biafrauud, land of drug paddlers
History will repeat itself grin

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by AntiIPOOP(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:

Abooki gworo, come to Aba and talk your rubbish. Body go tell you, ask your brothers.
History!

1 Share

Re: Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East by attackgat: 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

History!

These pictures only show how right Ojukwu was to try and get his people away from Nigeria, an entity that is prepared to starve prople to death. Who in their right minds would want to be part of a country that is capable of such? Except a crazy person?

(1) (Reply)

PMB Looks Like The Present Situation / UPDATED: Nnamdi Kanu Never Renounced Biafra / Photos-see How These Policeman Was Sleeping​ Inside Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.