Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,631 members, 7,955,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. (1619 Views)

Could Lagos, Nigeria Be The Next Silicon Valley? - American Media / Why Are Nigerians Under-represented In Silicon Valley / Forloop Valley For Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Silicon Valley is one of my best TV Series, I love it, I think it is very funny and educative especially for people interested in technology. But I really do feel somehow when watching a TV show wih very little or no black people. Big bang theory is also another example of an amazing tv series with a very few black people.
The only black faces I can recall in silicon valley are:
1. The guy in a tuxedo standing behind Eric and JinYang when they were refused entry into a party because they had no tickets(Had nothing to do with the main issue)
2. One of the board members of Hooli was black and he said very little
3. There was another black lady that refused Galvin's spiritual adviser to park(Parking attendant)
And that is about all the black people I noticed, Why do you think black people have a very small and insignificant appearance in techy shows like silicon valley?
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by deeoh(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
malailayi:
Silicon Valley is one of my best TV Series, I love it, I think it is very funny and educative especially for people interested in technology. But I really do feel somehow when watching a TV show wih very little or no black people. Big bang theory is also another example of an amazing tv series with a very few black people.
1. The guy in a tuxedo standing behind Eric and JinYang when they were refused entry into a party because they had no tickets(Had nothing to do with the main issue)
3. There was another black lady that refused Galvin's spiritual adviser to park(Parking attendant)
And that is about all the black people I noticed, Why do you think black people have a very small and insignificant appearance in techy shows like silicon valley?

don't forget black people are minority in American 15% I guess. it may not be intentional
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by Codenister: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Yea, it is "silicon valley show" not "ojuelegba TV show"

4 Likes

Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by losprince(m): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
how many white people do you see in nigerian home videos?
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by danidee10(m): 12:08am On Aug 20, 2016
Codenister:
Yea, it is "silicon valley show" not "ojuelegba TV show"

Bros your head dey dia grin

How many black people are elite programmers or renowned computer scientists

@Op if you mention Philip emeaSCAMli....I will slap your left destiny undecided

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by flexispy: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2016
You guys like to find faults where there's non. It is very annoying
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Oga mr Nobody, You just want to cause unnecessary drama, you ain't even black american. Abeg go siddon.
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by Codenister: 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
danidee10:

Bros your head dey dia grin

How many black people are elite programmers or renowned computer scientists

@Op if you mention Philip emeaSCAMli....I will slap your left destiny undecided
Abi na.
I jus tire for people.
Trying to create trouble where there's none
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2016

How many whites do you dee in African TV series?
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by pythonkid(m): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2016
you're a black @ least .. nothing bad if you add up to the list
Re: There Are Only Three Black People In The Silicon Valley TV Show. by jantavanta(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Reason 1: Because Black People do not fit the stereotype popularised by the media.

Marc Hannah is one of the founders of Silicon Graphics Interface, makers of the IRIX Operating System.

Marc Hannah ( 1956-Present)

What He Invented: 3-D Graphics Technology Used in Films.

Why It’s Important: Anyone awed by the special effects in the films Jurassic Park, Terminator 2 and The Abyss should thank Chicago-native Marc Hannah. The computer scientist is one of the founders, in 1982, of the software firm Silicon Graphics (now SGI), where the special-effects genius developed 3-D graphics technology that would be used in many Hollywood movies.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/23/100-black-inventions-over-the-last-100-years-you-may-not-know-part-1/4/

So you see, the media fools us into praising 'Oyinbo' (White People) for everything.

Reason 2:

Silicon Valley had its root among a lot of "non-conformist" people. In the 1960s and 1970s a lot of followers of Sri Hans Ji Maharaj and Sri Prempal Rawat later went into the Software startups and became known as Computer Gurus.

They include the founders of Sun Microsystems, Microsoft and Apple.

Black People were very few in the midst of Meditation Masters, in the 60s and 70s.

(1) (Reply)

Hi guys review this my app: a whatsapp, 2go, instagram, olx, game app all-in-one / Which Brand Model Of Printer Is Best For Your Use? Please See This. / Human Verification In Whazzak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.