Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari (919 Views)

It’s Too Early To Panic, Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Fayose / It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare / Though Economy Is Sliding One Year Is Not Enough To Judge Buhari - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by iliyande(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tunde Bakare, general overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, says it is too early to judge President Muhammadu Buhari.

Appealing to Nigerians to exercise patience, Bakare said there is no pain without gain.

He expressed confidence in the abilities of Buhari to turn the country around for the better, and bring the country “out of the woods”.

The pastor was speaking at the presidential villa in Abuja after holding a closed door meeting with Buhari on Friday.

“It’s too early and just too soon to begin to judge. If there is anything I know about Mr. President, it is that he has a good heart. He loves this country and he wants the country to run well,” he said.

“But it takes time. I know we are all impatient and in a hurry and I trust we will come out of the woods.‎

‎”When you are driving on a wrong direction, for example, you are going to Ibadan and you face Badagry, and you get to Cotonou and you realise you have gone in the wrong direction for too long a time, then you make a U-turn, there will be some suffering you have to go through.

“Pain is part of gain. No pain no gain. The years of wastage and all that we have done wrong has finally caught up with us.

“All we are praying for is wisdom for this government to do things right and to do the right things so that gradually, we can begin to come out of the woods.”

When asked if the idea of ‎cabinet reshufflement would be necessary, the preacher said: “‎That’s your opinion, not mine. And it is Mr. President’s. He can do what he likes when he likes it.

“He knows what he has given them. For example, I have not given any appointment to anyone, so I can’t judge their performance.

“But if there are yardsticks and standards given to them and if they have performed below par, definitely, the president would not mind at the right time to do those things.”

Bakare was Buhari’s running mate in 2011 when the president contested on the platform of the then Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

https://www.thecable.ng/bakare-pain-part-gain-early-judge-buhari

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by WebSurfer(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
People should just rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by Ezedon(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Its not early, 15 months is not 15 days

3 Likes

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
This is the same view I've held about the Buhari's administration as I am not pathetically deformed not to know the difference between expectations and realities.

The economy may not be doing well at the moment but what some of us have seen in Buhari has not changed in spite of incessant challenges,we will keep faith.
l was brought up to in the way of no pain no gain,i know before hand that every change process carries it's own price.

If after reasonable time things don't change we will then champion the Change the change'.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by princemillla(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Well , we av no other option than to wait till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by appini: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tunde is surely under Buhari's spell.

May God have mercy on him.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by yesir: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by wowmenow: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Aufbauh:
This is the same view I've held about the Buhari's administration as I am not pathetically deformed not to know the difference between expectations and realities.

The economy may not be doing well at the moment but what some of us have seen in Buhari has not changed in spite of incessant challenges,we will keep faith.
l was brought up to in the way of no pain no gain,i know before hand that every change process carries it's own price.

If after reasonable time things don't change we will then champion the Change the change'.

You are a fake person I know you complain in your closet

Buhari is a colossal failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by Abeymills(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Zombi pastor
Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by Integrityfarms(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
A man in a four year course who wants to graduate with 2.2 had a cgpa less than a pass after year one, what else does one need to tell him that his on the path to failure

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by kernel504(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
WebSurfer:
People should just rest

People should rest on empty belly, right? Your god is now the president and the definition of failure has changed for you.
Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by nerodenero: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
The last time he was Head of State, he caused pain and I doubt if there was gain. Now that he is President, the pain looks endless with no gain insight.

I expected Pastor Bakare to have reminded him that if the gains doesn't come ASAP, he should gather his remains and honorably move to Daura by 2019

Nigerians are awake like never before as ten TINUBUS won't be enough to deceive Nigerians again.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by viktagorion: 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
No shaking.

We are hopeful. Change will come.
Re: Bakare: Pain Is Part Of Gain… It’s Too Early To Judge Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Of course

(1) (Reply)

The State Of The Nation Under Buhari Revealed (A Must Read) / Drama As Photographers ‘abandon’ Buhari For jonathan At Council Of State Meeting / PHOTO: Tinubu, Atiku And Peter Obi At Investiture Ceremony Of President Of CIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.