Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. (855 Views)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Your Car From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by MercyLady3: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
How safe (risky) is shipping a car from Europe to Naija as I am studying here.

I would use a car once I get to Naija.

Would you buy in Naija jeje or try your luck and take the risk with the ones in Europe.

Don't forget the shipping wahala and lots of that. I need more enlightenment on this.

Thanks.
Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by okenwa(m): 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
How did other cars make their way to get here, safety and risk are business exponentials.

Eat that frog

3 Likes

Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by DECOtech(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2016
MercyLady3:

Would you buy in Naija jeje or try your luck and take the risk with the ones in Europe.

Don't forget the shipping wahala and lots of that. I need more enlightenment on this.

Thanks.

To avoid that kinda hytension one might have as the shipment is on the way and custom stress, just jejely come and buy the car in nija.

1 Like

Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by MPVGoddess: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
MercyLady3:

Thanks.

Risky if you DO IT YOURSELF

Safe if you DO IT VIA A COMPETENT/HONEST/TRUSTWORTHY Shipping agent

That is the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario, buy in Nigeria. But then you lose control over so many things.

There is a way out though...list the options to you have to ship to Nigeria from your place and the regulars here can tell you if you can ship via them safely or not!

Shipping to Nigeria is not kind to DIY. Shipping to Nigeria is only safe if you pass through a licensed shipping agent because there are murky waters that only the initiated are allowed to wade, and outsiders are punished severely for (going where angels fear to tread aka trying to know more than they ought to know as outsiders)
Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by erico2k2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
MPVGoddess:

Risky if you DO IT YOURSELF

Safe if you DO IT VIA A COMPETENT/HONEST/TRUSTWORTHY Shipping agent

That is the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario, buy in Nigeria. But then you lose control over so many things.

There is a way out though...list the options to you have to ship to Nigeria from your place and the regulars here can tell you if you can ship via them safely or not!

Shipping to Nigeria is not kind to DIY. Shipping to Nigeria is only safe if you pass through a licensed shipping agent because there are murky waters that only the initiated are allowed to wade, and outsiders are punished severely for (going where angels fear to tread aka trying to know more than they ought to know as outsiders)
How can You ship your car without a shipping Agent?
Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by MercyLady3: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Of course, I am a student and plan to follow the formal procedure.

I am just looking at the overall cost, the stress and risk of getting a car in Europe.

Instead, I can just finish my program and get a small new car in Nigeria without all the long story of the above plan.

Just thinking...
Re: How Safe (risky) Is Shipping A Car From Europe To Naija As I Am Studying Here. by ichakaobos(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
If you have a car in mind, just ask about most likely issues associated with it. Make your choice, buy and ship.

(1) (Reply)

Hello Good Nigerians Please I Need Your Sincere Advice. Thank You / Check Out The New Bus Governor Ambode Will Use To Replace Danfo Buses In Lagos S / Help!!!! My Car AC Stopped Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.