Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Aftermath of spain defeat ;I Am Disillusioned Siasia Cries Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aftermath of spain defeat ;I Am Disillusioned Siasia Cries Out (626 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / My Life Is In Danger - Sunday Oliseh Cries Out / My Mum’s Abduction Is Distracting Me – Siasia Cries Out: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath of spain defeat ;I Am Disillusioned Siasia Cries Out by onemopol: 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
Samson Siasia, Nigeria coach:

Today we tried to play our own game right from the start and had a lot of opportunities to score. I don't know how many chances we need to make to score a goal though. It's frustrating to have good strikers and yet not be able to put the ball away. Everyone knows if you don't score then you've got no chance of winning. But that's football, and like life sometimes things just don't work out for you. I'm a little disillusioned even though we still have a chance of going through.

Luis Milla, Spain coach:
It was a very even, keenly contested game. Nigeria made it hard for us by closing us down up front, taking the ball from us and making us run a lot to get it back. That made it a physically tiring game for our lads. They have some good players in midfield and up front, but they're a little bit disorganised at the back and we made the most of that. I want to congratulate my players because they worked hard whenever things got tough for us and they managed to come through.

source:http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=253217/match=300090227/quotes.html

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Wants To Break Our Heart Again? / It'll Be Shame If Nigeria Doesn't Qualify For Worldcup -essien / Nigeria Lands Fifa Chief In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.