Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? (14308 Views)

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by csamii: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pharaoh9:
this is not matter of igbos, igbos are against injustice

Are Igbos the only tribe in Nigeria against injustice? Why can we allow other tribes to judge this particular matter?
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by jerryfisher(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
attackgat:
A clear case of an Igbo man being victimised by Northerners who control power
actions of d #zoo's
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by csamii: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Even people that haven't taken good care of themselves want to buy and name their dogs. Some even want to buy monkeys and call it Ojukwu.

Well, this just confirms that many ret@rds are on nairaland.
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by sizzlers(m): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
lol wat abt this

1 Like

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by sizzlers(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
lol

1 Like

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by sizzlers(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
imagine linda like dis

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by Montaque(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Op. You obviously wrote this article before the 2nd arrest. FYI, he has bEen arrested again and there is plan to charge him to court come this monday, for breach of the peace.

Also, you think he was arrested bcus our dear president's name; FYI, the complainant laid the complain cos his own father's name is buhari: so the issue of defamation suit from Moh'd Buhari does not follow.

Now, there is a whole lot of offences in the Criminal/penal code, such that the ant is not guiltless in the midst of the chickens. There is no behaviour concievable under the sun that cannot find expression in our criminal laws. However the law enforcement agencies are to manage the laws with care so as not to negatively affect the people.
In this dog naming case, the police can always hold the man in protective custody, ie, over the counter only. Just to protect his life from irate neighbours. Community policing now demands that the police will invite all the parties( the complainant and the neighbours) so that the issue will be ironed out and peace ensured.
The way the NPF handled this issue will ensure that the hard feeling is further elongated, and bringing a criminal case against the man is ill advised, because the case will fail, bearing the facts(the name was since 2015, buhari is a common name, the complainant laid the complain cos he said his own father's name is buhari) and the mens rea.
Our NPF has an institutional flaw, in terms of community policing and alternative dispute resolution skills to handle the cases before them. They have rendered their works like a robot, no innovation.

1 Like

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by sizzlers(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
i wish u goodluck

1 Like

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by sweetgala(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
taylor88:
flavour named his dogs 2pac, nikki, miley, major banks and Jayz

so what's the big deal there..has he been arrested

is he (buhari) d only one with such nomenclature

naija can mumu ooo

You obviously did not reason well or read the OP which was my initial response the day I say this story, flavour has no malice or intention to incite a breach of peace.

Whereas this man's actions which is not just the name of the dog is designed to disturb the peace and provoke other individuals to action.
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by ofwest47(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
These Igbos calling themselves I Before Others will do anything to cause commotion in the country imagine him naming his mad dog after Buhari the nation's President, just recently another Igbo lady from America posted on the social media calling her own mad dog Lai Muhammed
Well, they all deserve whatever treatment they may be given.
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
alberto2k:
It's a Naming Ceremony Season!

I just named our new Ram "Lai Mohammed" *

and

named My RED head C0ck "Solomon Dalong"

infact i will start naming every domestic Animal after any of Those Hediots Putting My Beloved Nigeria through Shiiit! cry
Including Nnamdi Kanu
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by ziggy1702(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
for those mischievously saying its because it is a northerner in power.....
you shud have done dis stupidity in bayelsa state during GEJ's time and see whether both you and your stupid act with come out in one piece

Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by Awoofawo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Indomie and pepsi wil be using style to insult us. Now we have indomie hungry man size and pepsi long throat bottle. Very
soon we will begin to see Gala wobia size, chinchin olojukokoro pack, plantain chips atenuje size, lacasera alainitelorun
bottle, 5Alive alamu-toole pack.......
# awon onirase
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by madenigga(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
ziggy1702:
for those mischievously saying its because it is a northerner in power.....
you shud have done dis stupidity in bayelsa state during GEJ's time and see whether both you and your stupid act with come out in one piece
Is ogun part of d north?
Or is ogun katsina
Re: A Dog Named "Buhari"; Police Intervention Necessary? by crowbar(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rubbish country!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wolf male German Shepard for mating / What Breed Does This Puppy Lionel Messi Is Holding Belong To? / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.