Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja (57922 Views)

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
sunkyrazzy:

Sir I don't mind having a copy of some of the materials you used..my email is sunky.akins@gmail.com

sent check Your mail
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=CnCstore post=48713566][/quote]

sent
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
raynold:
how can i reach you?

check my signature whatsapps only
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
Youngzedd:
Sir Kaykaymil

How do you change the water, is that not stagnant water?

The earthen pond water comes from beneath the soil, natural water and there is a flow out system which ensures water is running in and out of the pond every milli second.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
blueseacats:
Hey,I like your determination , am in fish business too, I own a hatchery in lagos, but I ' m not in production now as am away and also having some renovations done at my hatchery. Will like to connect with you as we can do business together, if not now (since am not around) possibly later.

check my signature whatsapp only
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=CnCstore post=48713566][/quote]

done check Your mail
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
vinneyville:
18500 juveniles, dat would be 4625/pond. Wat is the size of each pond? I fear for ur fishes sir as dey grow bigger...too much competition for food and overcrowding

40 ft by 40 ft, 4ft deep and we are doing smoking size if You do the calculation each fish would still have a 2 square meter spacing which is necessary for their growth. Thanks and fear not bro Jesus is Lord

3 Likes

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by jay7(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good one keep it up
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
heatflux:

18500 pieces, how do you count them pls?
And, before you introduced the fish, did u drain the ponds Because of the initially present water after digging?

We counted them from where we bought them from and had them labelled for each pond each pond carriers approx 4,700 pieces of fish. The water is continous and keeps draining itself naturally that is why it is earthen pond. the water was not drained on purpose but it drained itself and fresh one came out after liming and manuring the pond.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

The earthen pond water comes from beneath the soil, natural water and there is a flow out system which ensures water is running in and out of the pond every milli second.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by hybee53(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Bush Rat weighted close to 2kg it was lovely.
It is actually cheaper to run an earthen pond than a concrete pond in reality operational cost wise it is cost saving but geeing the land can be a problem as You have to move from Your comfort Zone unlike concrete that can be constructed in Your back yard.

Harvesting is easy Bro its almost like catching fishes in a river as You have to use nets and two people have to man the net try and read http://www.arkshore.com/tutorials/ You would get alot of info.

My total budget has been overshot by fencing though but it is all good need to secure Your investment as it is both real estate and Agriculture too see the budget so far but Feeding would eat almost that same budget as I am budget N120 for each fish to eat. 120x18500=2,200,000
Tnx bro, This will help me in my start up.although have a harchery nw, even have fingerlings & Juvenile 4sale. If you need call me on 08051550150

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Topestbilly(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Sent to Your Email at five months they should be already be weighing 1kg already You can email be back about Your feeding pattern let me explain to You.

OK sir, I will do that right away.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by fullman(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Okai I can send You materials and video link on how to substitute so that Your fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg
Please sir send me the materials adepelummy@gmail.com 07082220673
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by heatflux: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

We counted them from where we bought them from and had them labelled for each pond each pond carriers approx 4,700 pieces of fish. The water is continous and keeps draining itself naturally that is why it is earthen pond. the water was not drained on purpose but it drained itself and fresh one came out after liming and manuring the pond.

Ok.
Wish you a bountiful harvest in advance.
Don't forget to constantly update us with pictures o

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by segvic(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
please I need the video and other materials too. email: segun.salami2@gmail.com. wish you success sir.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by sunkyrazzy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

sent check Your mail
Seen..Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
heatflux:

Ok.
Wish you a bountiful harvest in advance.
Don't forget to constantly update us with pictures o

for sure would do that on the third week
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by webhostbiz: 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
sir, I M also interested in the manual and video link. send to: felixakomolafe@gmail.c of. thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by justmi1: 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Please kindly help me with the video material and all, I will also like to learn from you, I live in dutsen, akinsiku.temitayo@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by kbams241: 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wats d size of d pond u dug for 40k
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by vinneyville(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

40 ft by 40 ft, 4ft deep and we are doing smoking size if You do the calculation each fish would still have a 2 square meter spacing which is necessary for their growth. Thanks and fear not bro Jesus is Lord
that's cool. Good luck sir.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

check my signature whatsapp only
Ok
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by adescopy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls i need the video and other materials you used to adewunmialabimoses@gmail.com. God bless
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by saidu4urp(m): 12:46am On Aug 23, 2016
thanks mr kaykaymil my God bless u aboundantly , i try with 2000 juvenile , to 4 month in earthen pond , but the cost of feeding them was very hard on me i had to dry them up. but at a lost becouse out of that 2000 i only get 1300 out of the pond. pls help me out with ur links and video. to learn more and correct my mistake.
saidu4urp@gmail.com .thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by HolyTitus(m): 1:43am On Aug 23, 2016
Kaykaymil:

sent
. Pls sir, can you send me all the stuff I need to know about cat fish farming by my email @stein.sorenson@gmail.com . I would love to venture into aquaculture biz very soon. God bless Sir

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by kaykay010(m): 2:19am On Aug 23, 2016
Oga kaykaymil please can you send me your contact.i think i will need more guidance on this.yhank you as u reply swiftly
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by chibecan: 2:47am On Aug 23, 2016
Have gone try your thread and am highly impressed with your venture and efforts so far.
I am interested in this sir.Kindly send me some of those materials and videos for me to update myself.
My email address is cibebuike366@gmail.com.
May the good Lord continue to bless us o
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by miqos02(m): 4:31am On Aug 23, 2016
Stmiceel:
The cost of fingerlings procurement is high,you would have saved half of it for feeds if you buy @10.

READ AGAIN I TOO KNOW

Kaykaymil:
Now after all of that I have stocked the pond with 18,500 pieces of Juveniles not fingerlings. Fingerlings are too fragile for earth pond and would require heavy sorting after one month. juveniles of about 4-6 weeks old were procured at 20 naira each from Kado market in abuja from a reliable dealer.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Westadon(m): 6:33am On Aug 23, 2016
nice one, get d knwoledge and know how pls, because u have done some uneccessary spending and some dat could be cut down. wish u da best. 07033899054
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2016
saidu4urp:
thanks mr kaykaymil my God bless u aboundantly , i try with 2000 juvenile , to 4 month in earthen pond , but the cost of feeding them was very hard on me i had to dry them up. but at a lost becouse out of that 2000 i only get 1300 out of the pond. pls help me out with ur links and video. to learn more and correct my mistake.
saidu4urp@gmail.com .thanks in advance.

Sent.

There are many reasons why You had that much:
1. Either there was not much sorting when buying the juveniles because adding shooters can be detrimental in some cases. Like in our case we had to sort them out from counting stage to all equal sizes to reduce cannibalism.
2.You didnt lime the pond before stocking your juveniles to drive away predators from the water like frog, snakes, old fishes
3. disease outbreak.
4. Security man double crossed You.
5. You were not prayerful

Choose the ones You missed out and correct them next time You would have a bountiful harvest.

3 Likes

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by gman55(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2016
hello

Kindly send material and link to gosayuki@gmail.com appreciate very much

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2016
gman55:

hello

Kindly send material and link to gosayuki@gmail.com appreciate very much

sent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos) / Imo Woman With Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.