Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official (2595 Views)

Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Throwback Photo Of Jonathan With Abu Ali In Baga, Borno / Kachikwu, State Governors Forced Buhari To Hike Fuel Price - FG Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by ijustdey: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2016
OlalekanAdetayo, Abuja

The revelation that former President Goodluck Jonathan or some people sympathetic to him are behind the spate of bombings being witnessed in the Niger Delta was first made at a meeting inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja,Saturday PUNCH has learnt.

There have been media reports that the Presidency is in possession of security report allegedly linking Jonathan to the formation and activities of the Niger Delta Avengers.

The intelligence report was said to have confirmed that oil installations were mined before the May 29, 2015 handover to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Although Jonathan had denied the allegation twice, a top government official, who spoke with our correspondent on Friday, confirmed that such report is currently available.

The source said the revelation was first made by “those who should know” at a meeting held in the seat of power some months back.

He said the meeting was attended by some leaders from the South South, including state governors from the region.

The meeting was called as part of efforts aimed at resolving the crisis.

The source said, “You know that leaders from the region, including the governors are also affected by the violence in the region.

“The situation is affecting their revenue and they cannot meet many of their obligations. So, they were also interested in finding a lasting solution to the matter.

“It was in one of such meetings called to find a solution that that revelation was made. It was confirmed that there was indeed Plan B and that those who held the view that Jonathan must continue as President by all means were shocked that he conceded victory to Buhari.”

The source, however, said only security agencies would be able to exonerate Jonathan at the end of the day.

When asked if Buhari had indeed directed security agencies to investigate Jonathan, the source said, “The President does not have to give such order before security agencies will know that with the allegations becoming more pronounced, especially from MEND, they need to investigate.

“For a fact, this President will not stop security agencies from investigating anybody, no matter how highly placed.

“It is also in the interest of the former President that the matter is thoroughly investigated. It is also in his interest to come out clean on the matter.

“We need to know whether he is personally involved in the plan or whether it was those sympathetic to him that hatched the plan.”

But the Rivers State Governor, Mr. NyesomWike, in a telephone interview with our correspondent denied that such revelation was made at a meeting of South South leaders.

Describing the allegation as a “wicked lie”, Wike said, “There is no truth in that allegation. Those behind the allegation are suffering from acute malaria.

“Those who are spreading such a huge allegation against the former President will never know peace. They are liars.”

Also, the former President had in a statement on Thursday by his Media Aide, Ikechukwu Eze, denied the allegation, saying Jonathan’s enemies were jealous of his rising profile.

http://punchng.com/n-delta-avengers-ssouth-govs-aware-jonathans-complicity-fg-official/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Onix01: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by antispexish(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Onix01:
Another propaganda to demean and tarnish the past president GEJ. My understanding with the current situation of NDA and GEJ's connection is highly influenced by the pipeline contract fully given to some groups back then. This enables the group to plant bombs in various locations towards the election period inorder to destabilise the Nation in case theirs didn't win. GEJ made loads of mistake but we should put his regime to rest and focus on what we have ahead for the sake of our children. His good will of not declaring elections inconclusive shows his love for the Nation. I admired GEJ's Patriotism for Nigeria, though I didn't vote him coz of his careless statement while in power (Corruption isn't stealing).

liked GEJ in 2011, but by 2012/2013, he had destroyed any hope of being liked again by me!. always setting up committees that wunt solve anything, allowing Nigeria to have multiple presidents at ones .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2016
We keep hearing of source and sources from the same people who promised us heaven on earth 18 months ago

Please we need sauce, saucer and socks before we can believe you

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Ababadada: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Onix01:
Another propaganda to demean and tarnish the past president GEJ. My understanding with the current situation of NDA and GEJ's connection is highly influenced by the pipeline contract fully given to some groups back then. This enables the group to plant bombs in various locations towards the election period inorder to destabilise the Nation in case theirs didn't win. GEJ made loads of mistake but we should put his regime to rest and focus on what we have ahead for the sake of our children. His good will of not declaring elections inconclusive shows his love for the Nation. I admired GEJ's Patriotism for Nigeria, though I didn't vote him coz of his careless statement while in power (Corruption isn't stealing).
Your hate of Ijaw will kill you

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by cktheluckyman: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Buhari never chop enough liver to go after GEJ.The govt official should stop been a coward and disclose his identity

10 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Eazybay(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
Lolzzz dey have been rigged with time-bombs? Even boko Neva fit do dat one!! Tell me sth, and the people killing soldiers sent to the creeks rigged dem with mines too? IMHO I think these vandals already know the military positions and pipeline routes too well

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by cktheluckyman: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Eazybay:
Lolzzz dey have been rigged with time-bombs? Even boko Neva fit do dat one!! Tell me sth, and the people killing soldiers sent to the creeks rigged dem with mines too? IMHO I think these vandals already know the military positions and pipeline routes too well

don't mind the odes some of the pipoelines have even been blown for up to three times since the unrest resumed.Maybe oit was GEJ that laid the mines on the new pipes

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by fendorf(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by MadamExcellency: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
If the problem has been identified and defined as stated in the article that the mines were already attached before May 29, 2015, why can't this administration be proactive by getting a robot to demine the tracts and pipelines?

Why wait to be ridiculed by group of people that wish you failure when you have the means to save yourself from the blackmail?

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by jlinkd78(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
The kind of junk reporting in this country esp by some brown envelope newspapers from South 'Waste' is dragging d integrity of journalism to d gutter. The caption of d write up had FG as d source but d content still left this FG source as being anonymous. Shame to u Punch. Its a pity d FG has suddenly so dignified MEND to d level of pinnacle of intelligence gathering.

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by dullardeen(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Lol!

Laughable propaganda!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by LORDOFAFONJAS: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
Up till this moment the have not got the balls to go after ex-coas na GEJ them wan pursue, i laff buhari in fu la ni grin

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by AntiIPOOP(m): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
The Ineffectual Baboon is in deep sh!t

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Businessideas: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is punch newspaper report,Punch Newspaper is the most authoritative Nigerian newspaper.Jonathan has a case to answer!!! All of them should be arrested and tried for economic crimes against murder of our soldiers in Nembe, an Ijaw territory not far from Otuoke, Jonathan's village in Bayelsa
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by PFRB: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bear palour gist. Bear palour gist, Bear palour gist.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Let me help the zombie liars, "Wike was on sick leave when the meeting took place that's why he isn't aware of the allegations and called them wicked liars".

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, ndi ara.undecided

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by ehikwe22: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
The pipelines were mined but how come the bomb keep on exploding in one point up to three times? does a remote controlled mine not detonate completely when triggered? or does some parts detonate and the rest remains after repair works and detonate again?

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Abeymills(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
Govt of pain hardship lies hate blame poverty govt of probaganda govt execuses govt setbacks crime govt of nepotism govt of acrimony govt of disappointment n shame

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Orikinla(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
For the NDA and supporters of Biafra, see for the first time on a Nigerian website.
International Committee of the Red Cross' Documentary On Biafra Now Released
Watch the documentary on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2016/08/international-committee-of-red-crosss.html

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Boss13: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
I am surprised at Wike's statement. This is a serious allegation and the militants were consistent with their claims. I think Wike should have addressed the question from a view point of surprise and doubt rather than being aggressive.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by newbornmacho(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
antispexish:

liked GEJ in 2011, but by 2012/2013, he had destroyed any hope of being liked again by me!. always setting up committees that wunt solve anything, allowing Nigeria to have multiple presidents at ones .

Hope you're enjoying buhari. A person who rejects good luck has only one option left...

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by antispexish(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
newbornmacho:

Hope you're enjoying buhari. A person who rejects good luck has only one option left...

where do you think we will be if Jonathan and his yam eaters had won the election. He was already borrowing money to pay salaries when oil price was still high, what do you think he would have done now, our case would have be been doubled that of Venezuela own.
I do not reject good luck , but I rejected one ebeLe that used that name to deceive Nigerian's!
imagine oil at over 140 dollars per barrel but no will to save, but abundant will to share b tween family and friends.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by QuotaSystem: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Just tell the world what links Niger Delta scAvengers with Sokoto Prince Dasuki apart from Jonathan, and why Dasuki's release would be part of their demands, if not to shield their sponsor and scuttle investigations into his administration and the arms to campaign funds scam.

Wail and shout as much as you like online, it will not stop the investigations on ground into the ineffectual buffoon and his links to the NDA. If he is indicted the game is over.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by BlackSeptember: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
Businessideas:
This is punch newspaper report,Punch Newspaper is the most authoritative Nigerian newspaper.Jonathan has a case to answer!!! All of them should be arrested and tried for economic crimes against murder of our soldiers in Nembe, an Ijaw territory not far from Otuoke, Jonathan's village in Bayelsa
Buhari doing punch dancing

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by cktheluckyman: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Just tell the world what links Niger Delta scAvengers with Sokoto Prince Dasuki apart from Jonathan, and why Dasuki's release would be part of their demands, if not to shield their sponsor and scuttle investigations into his administration and the arms to campaign funds scam.

Wail and shout as much as you like online, it will not stop the investigations on ground into the ineffectual buffoon and his links to the NDA. If he is indicted the game is over.
Empty noise!!! Where is your operation crocodile to stop the avengers Buhari will continue chasing shadows till oil drops below 1000000bpd

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Mehn

APC don tire me

Can't they do without lying

After successfully putting the man away

U have excellently fail to match him in

Instead to work harder

The next thing their damaged brain could think about is to drag him down to their level

Bunch of nicomp...

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by QuotaSystem: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
QuotaSystem:

cktheluckyman:

[s]Empty noise!!! Where is your operation crocodile to stop the avengers Buhari will continue chasing shadows till oil drops below 1000000bpd [/s]
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by maclatunji: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Onix01:

Even what you posted indicts GEJ. The bros is in deep doo-doo.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by maclatunji: 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:
Mehn

APC don tire me

Can't they do without lying

After successfully putting the man away

U have excellently fail to match him in

Instead to work harder

The next thing their damaged brain could think about is to drag him down to their level

Bunch of nicomp...

Do you go about calling things lies even when evidence keeps mounting in your face?
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Ababadada: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
maclatunji:

Even what you posted indicts GEJ. The bros is in deep doo-doo.
The group and NDA are the same?
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: S’south Govs Aware Of Jonathan’s Complicity –FG Official by Ababadada: 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
QuotaSystem:

NDA demands are different from Other groups

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Israeli Scientist Addressing Biafra / Sheu Sanni Asked Buhari To Reach Out To Tinubu For 2019 Presidential Ticket / Cause Of Death Of Senator Wakili Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.