Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri (26469 Views)

IPOB Supporters Donate Cow Named ‘Buhari’ To Nnamdi Kanu (Photo) / Goodluck Jonathan's WAEC & GCE Results Shared By Reno Omokri (Photo) / The Dog Named Buhari And The Baboon Christened Patience By Dr. Peregrino Brimah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Thisis2raw(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2016
This is an article written by Reno Omokri. Plesase read on...

I never believed that true life is stranger than fiction until I read the case of Joe Fortemose Chinakwe, the young man who named his dog after his hero, Buhari, only to be arrested and detained by the Nigerian Police on the excuse that his actions were likely to breach the prevailing peace in his community of Sango-Ota, Ogun State.

Really? Is this how low Nigeria has sunk?

About two weeks ago, Chinakwe's hero, President Muhammadu Buhari, ordered the police to reopen the cold case murder mysteries involving Bola Ige, a former Attorney General of the Federation and Chief Aminasoari Dikibo, a one time ex-Deputy National Chairman, South-South, of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Little or nothing has been heard from the police since that order was given only for Nigeria to wake up to the almost telenovela tale of a dog named Buhari. When they are meant to deliver results, the police is busy delivering activity. Comical activity.

Perhaps what I find most interesting is that a man can be arrested for naming his dog after his hero yet in this very same country no one thought it wrong when the First Lady, Aisha Buhari, called a man, and not just any man, but a governor at that, a 'mad dog'!

Now I get it! In today's Nigeria, you can name a man after a dog without consequence but you cannot name a dog after a man without consequences!

Do you see how low Nigeria has fallen? Perhaps our police would like to visit the netherworld to arrest the late English novelist, George Orwell, for naming the pig in his allegorical novel, Animal Farm, after the French Emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte.

Didn't Chinua Achebe write that “when an adult is in the house, the she-goat is not left to suffer the pains of parturition on its tether.”

But why should I be surprised? Hasn't Nigeria degenerated to become an 'Animal Farm'? Just like in Orwell's novella, we are living in a country where animals have displaced humans.

Why won't our morals become warped to the extent that we care more for animal rights than for human rights when elders like Professor Wole Soyinka did not see anything wrong in calling the wife of a seating President a 'Hippopotamus'?

Why won't our morals go to the dogs when our government is more interested in protecting the rights of cows via grazing reserves rather than protecting the lives of its own citizens by way of prosecuting killer herdsmen, who, as our president assures us, are from 'Libya'? These marauders, who have killed thousands of innocent Nigerians in the last 18 months have for some reason become so bold even as our security agents have become so timid before them.

And the case of Joe Fortemose Chinakwe exposes a troubling pattern. We seem to have a government that cares more for the right of certain categories of foreigners than for the right of its own citizens.

Why do I say so?

Well consider that the complainant who lodged a complaint with the police against Mr. Chinakwe is allegedly a foreigner from Niger Republic (by the testimony of Mr. Chinakwe). On the strength of a complaint by a foreigner that he feels offended by the name a Nigerian chose to give his dog, the Nigerian police swung into action and became so efficient overnight that it sent its men to fetch the erring Chinakwe and locked him up for his audacity.

Then also consider that the herdsmen (notice I said herdsmen, not Fulani herdsmen) that have killed thousands of Nigerians are said, by no less a personality than our President, to be foreigners from faraway 'Libya' and perhaps other nations in between.

Now we have established the pattern. But why is the pattern troubling?

It is troubling because it is beginning to seem that when the interests of Nigerian citizens clash with the interests of certain classes of foreigners, the interest of the foreigner prevails over the interest of the Nigerian.

And there are more instances to prove my hypothesis.

I was recently in Nigeria to preach at a church in Abuja and I noticed that foreigners clear through immigration faster than Nigerian citizens at our airports. At foreign airports the reverse is the case. Citizens clear faster than foreigners.

I am betting that I am not the only one who has experienced this anomaly.

What is it with Nigerians? It is this same attitude that makes us worship anybody with a foreign accent. We do not like ourselves and we like foreigners and yet we expect foreigners to like us.

Foreigners are not fools, you know. They will find it difficult to like us if we do not like ourselves. After all we know ourselves better than they know is, and if we do not like ourselves then that sends a red flag to the foreigner.

And to the Nigerian police, let me say that the popular flutist Tee Mac Omatshola Iseli has a dog named Obasanjo (seriously, he does). Should he also prepare for arrest?

What more can I say? Nigeria never ceases to amaze!

Omokri is the founder of the Mind of Christ Christian Center in California, author of Shunpiking: No Shortcuts to God and Why Jesus Wept and the host of Transformation with Reno Omokri

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/dog-named-buhari-hippo-named-patience/

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by donsteady(m): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2016
Interesting

8 Likes

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by g4everybody(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2016
The Police, efcc and dss are now tools used by the federal government for intimidation and oppression of perceive opposition member. they hav defy their primary responsibility and making political enemies their major priority. What a shame on this government,

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by taylor88(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2016
lol
Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by youngeagle(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2016
When Democracy is being trampled upon...and the evil generals picks who leads a 170m nation...na then u go know say water don pass garri.

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by ndcide(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2016
I agree absolutely with omokri.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by tomquest: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2016
"...what I find most interesting is that a man can be arrested for naming his dog after his hero yet in this very same country no one thought it wrong when Aisha Buhari called a man, and not just any man, but a governor at that, a 'mad dog'!

Now I get it! In today's Nigeria, you can name a man after a dog without consequence but you cannot name a dog after a man without consequences!"

215 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2016
This guy is a matured ret@rd.
the guy in question named his dog after his neighbour's father in a predominant Hausa quarters in Ogun state,how did president buhari get into this,if the Hausas bounce on the buffoon for his suicidal act,y'all will scream to high heavens,telling the world how Hausa are killing you since their brother is now the president.
Reno would only remember how Aisha called fayose a dog but not how fayose said many unprintable things,including wishing death on buhari before and after the elections on national dailies,reno is also blind to the fact that Jonathan called Yoruba elders touts,but angry that Soyinka called Patience an hippo,the same Soyinka that protested and supported the emergence of the otuoke dunce.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2016
smh
if only our police can display this level of efficiency on things that matter.
I don't believe for a moment that this man named his dog buhari out of admiration for the presidency.
But is that enough reason for a person to be arrested or appear before a court?
we have accepted a particular religion and region's tendency towards violence to the extent that we now make provisions in advance to accommodate their 'affliction'.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by deji68: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2016
grin grin grin
buskie13:
pls forget about our latest dog called Buhari

meanwhile

A man in a hotel, accidentally hits a womans
breast with his elbow. The man apologizes
saying "if your heart is as soft as your breast
you will forgive me".
The woman replies.....mmm "if your dick is as
hard as your elbow am in room 43.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by dunkem21(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2016

And to the Nigerian police, let me say that the popular flutist Tee Mac Omatshola Iseli has a dog named Obasanjo (seriously, he does). Should he also prepare for arrest?

Those days neighbours have dogs named #Ekwueme, Ezeife, Samson, Snoop.. I mean, this thing amaze me so much that we hailed a man that called a woman *SHEPOPOTAMUS and heckle a man that named his pet after a hero.

So If I call my snake; lalasticlala.. he will ban me or what

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by bamosagie(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1:
the guy in question named his dog after his neighbour's father in a predominant Hausa quarters in Ogun state,how did president buhari get into this,if the Hausas bounce on the buffoon for his suicidal act,y'all will scream to high heavens,telling the world how Hausa are killing you since their brother is now the president.
Reno would only remember how Aisha called fayose a dog but not how fayose said many unprintable things,including wishing death on buhari before and after the elections on national dailies,reno is also blind to the fact that Jonathan called Yoruba elders touts,but angry that Soyinka called Patience an hippo,the same Soyinka that protested and supported the emergence of the otuoke dunce.

Why are yoruba's so scared of hausa fulani's?

236 Likes 15 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2016
How did I end up in this country ooh undecided

hagmond1:

What is this one saying?why is it that the northerners are always on heat to kill and destroy? Is the guys father the only one named buhari abi he added his surname to it too? The way most of us reason in this country erh.

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by tinkinjow: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2016
Still the so called zombies will read and fail to see clearly. Like the one above.
No hope for Nigeria as a country. Just work to make your "space" as comfortable as you can. God help us.

A country were police spent valuable hours engaged in a dogs name can't but be doomed.
A country that subsidizes religious activities at the expense og her economy is doomed.
A country were motorists give way to cattle on the road and have cattle grazing on its national assembly ground is doomed.
A country were killer herdsmen are excused as foreigners by its president is completely doomed.... A country...were can we stop?

My happiness in all these is that the history they have created can never be lost. It's so soothing that what we said will happen is actually happening faster than we even thought.
Those in support of this dance i wish them well.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2016
bamosagie:

Why are yoruba's so scared of hausa fulani's?
the way gain fawehinmi was scared of abacha,when he was protesting about the trials of ken Saro wiwa?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Pidggin(f): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

Good question, what a country smh

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by chosen6(f): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1:
Sorry, did you by omissison or commission author the bible book of lamentation? ***in the voice of Mama Peace, oya continue*****

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Mekky2010: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2016
I didn't know there is a patent on the name Buhari until now. People name their dogs jack, zak, jessy etc people bear these names oo, police should kuku arrest all dog owners in Nigeria .

Taking stupidity to another level

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

What is this one saying?why is it that the northerners are always on heat to kill and destroy? Is the guys father the only one named buhari abi he added his surname to it too? The way most of us reason in this country erh.
use your grey matters,if you have any left,the man in question was arrested because his neighbour reported him to the police,what as pres buhari have to do with this,that prompted Reno to write this nonsense.
why is it that the northerners are always on heat to kill and destroy?
ask those at the receiving end of the 1966 pogrom.

9 Likes

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2016
chosen6:
Sorry, did you by omissison or commission author the bible book of lamentation? ***in the voice of Mama Peace, oya continue*****
retards opinions don't count

3 Likes

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by dunkem21(m): 11:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Mekky2010:
I didn't know there is a patent on the name Buhari until now. People name their dogs jack, zak, jessy etc people bear these names oo, police should kuku arrest all dog owners in Nigeria .

Taking stupidity to another level

I mean am sick and tired of all these crap..

Some people open silly threads asking if you can name your dog, Ojukwu in the East.. I know of a dog called ... IKEMBA!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by chosen6(f): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1:
the way gain fawehinmi was scared of abacha,when he was protesting about the trials of ken Saro wiwa?
. Wow! Are you trying to be. Funny or what? And how many Yorobbers lined up after Gani to protest against Abacha? Didn't they all flee with the country via NADECO routes to self-imposed exiled with their legs touching their necks as they flee never to return till we out of pity cried unto God and the answered us. If only we knew that you will be making mouth today, we won't have cried to God to take away the Yoruba Nemesis called - Sani Abacha

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by MalcoImX: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2016
An impersonator talking about virtues. Remember how you tried to rope in Sanusi into BH just because he said federal revenues were not properly remitted.You cannot ingratiate yourself to true beings -Wendell Simlin, only to your paid online hacks. If you have an iota of shame, you should never open your mouth in thousand years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Boleyndynasty2(f): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1

Your moniker has a 1 attached to it,meaning you aren't the only one using the name, so y should a man report another for using a name he loves 4 his dog?If you have a functioning brain then you won't quote me to type rubbish

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by mayorkyzo: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Firefire(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2016
I dey laugh ooo....

2 Likes

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by chosen6(f): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1:
use your grey matters,if you have any left,the man in question was arrested because his neighbour reported him to the police,what as pres buhari have to do with this,that prompted Reno to write this nonsense.
why is it that the northerners are always on heat to kill and destroy?
ask those at the receiving end of the 1966 pogrom.
Oh! Foreigners are also included in this your northerners who are always on the heat to kill and yet you don't see anything wrong in man being on heat to kill another who has not committed any offence against the consitution(Law of the land)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by newbornmacho(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2016
hagmond1:
T...if the Hausas bounce on the buffoon for his suicidal act,y'all will scream to high heavens,telling the world how Hausa are killing you .
No no no............
If the hausas kill him, his kinsmen will kill the hausas within their reach.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
hagmond1

Your moniker has a 1 attached to it,meaning you aren't the only one using the name, so y should a man report another for using a name he loves 4 his dog?If you a functioning brain then you won't quote me to type rubbish
jack use your pea sized lobe,even if the name is your father's name in a country when there is intense hostility,Yeebos logic is upside down logic,hence your suicidal tendencies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2016
[s]
chosen6:
Oh! Foreigners are also included in this your northerners who are always on the heat to kill and yet you don't see anything wrong in man being on heat to kill another who has not committed any offence against the consitution(Law of the land)
[/s]refer to the dummy I quoted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2016
chosen6:
. Wow! Are you trying to be. Funny or what? And how many Yorobbers lined up after Gani to protest against Abacha? Didn't they all flee with the country via NADECO routes to self-imposed exiled with their legs touching their necks as they flee never to return till we out of pity cried unto God and the answered us. If only we knew that you will be making mouth today, we won't have cried to God to take away the Yoruba Nemesis called - Sani Abacha
Did I hear you say pity,don't let me remind you how some 3 million monkeys were starved to death.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected / DSS Spent N164.5m Feeding El-zakzaky / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.