Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,122 members, 7,957,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (448 Views)

Leave Buhari Alone - Coalition Of Civil Society Groups Stage Protest In Abuja / Yes, I Am Part Of Aso Rock Cabal In Buhari's Gov't – SGF, Babachir Lawal / Female IDPs Turn To Prostitution To Survive - Borno Civil Society Organisations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

. by Betapikin101: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2016
The civil society organisation which dragged Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello and others before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other anti-corruption agencies for an alleged fraud of about N11 billion, Egalitarian Mission Africa (EMA), yesterday said the defence put up by the state government denying the allegations was laughable.

In a statement, the head of the group, Dr. Kayode Ajulo, said the defence put up by the government was laughable.
“First of all, we wish to make it abundantly clear that we stand by our report. Before we went to the anti-corruption agencies we had visited Kogi State for an on the spot assessment of the allegations and we found them to be true.

Are they saying for instance that the over inflated renovation contract of N1.7 billion was not awarded or that N1.2 billion was not paid to the contractor within two days? Or are they saying that a mere renovation of a three-bedroom bungalow for almost N100 million does not deserve scrutiny? What about the award of the contract without advertisement or tender? Or are they saying that there is any work going on at the moment on Agasa -Ukpogoro road for which over N1.4 billion has been paid? What about the billions of naira withdrawn allegedly to buy fanciful cars which cannot be found on the streets of Lokoja? We challenge the state government to show contrary proof. We have our facts backed by authentic documents and we are ready to go the distance with the state governor and his cohorts on this.”

Ajulo lamented the unprecedented orgy of financial sleaze in the state where workers and pensioners are being owed not less than seven months salaries.

“There are no good roads in Kogi. There is no portable water. The citizenry daily cry for good governance. Yet the government of the day turns a blind eye and goes on a voyage of unprecedented wastage and pillaging of the commonwealth of the state. What a shame!”

According to him, the anti -corruption agencies should swing into action by promptly preventing further pillaging of the state’s resources.

Credit: Thisday

http://www.kogireports.com/kogi-govts-response-to-fraud-allegations-laughable-says-group/
Re: . by Betapikin101: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2016
I visited the town of lokoja last week and geskia people are wallowing in poverty and the governor who they so much hope will be a solution to the long years of marginalization in the state does not give a dam about the people. And I begin to wonder as a youth Is this how the youth of this generation is that heartless .the guy is spoiling chances for youth in this country,If this is the best he can offer. I just can't help but be a voice to the voiceless kogites I pray God intervene fast on their behalf. I hope Mr President can just follow up his governors one way or the other but bubu sef Don tire. God bless Nigeria God bless Kogi State

(1) (Reply)

Must Read The Igbo As A Blessing To Nigeria By Reno Omokri / Nigeria Must Not Swallow Abubakar Shekau's Story About Chibok Girls! / Photos From John Kerry's Meeting With Pres. Buhari, And Some State Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.