Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Double Wahala For Ikpeazu God Punish Afonja Judges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Double Wahala For Ikpeazu God Punish Afonja Judges (486 Views)

Urban Renewal Committee Calls For Ikpeazu's Sack Over Infrastructural Decay(pics / God Punish Our Senators From South West! / APC Sets To Punish Tinubu Over His Role In Ondo Governorship Election -DailyPost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Double Wahala For Ikpeazu God Punish Afonja Judges by eziyi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
The ruling of the Court of Appeal which favoured Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu has come and gone, but most Abia State civil servants are completely disappointed at the Court of Appeal panel because of their believe that Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah has the capacity to turn the state finances around and make salary payment consistent.

Abia State civil servants are the worst hit on the issue of none payment of salaries, Abia Facts Newspaper learnt that Local Government workers are owed between 5 – 6 months, ministry workers are owed between 4 – 5 months, while civil servants attached to Abia State health sectors and other educational boards are owed above 9 months.

One of AFN  reporter spoke with a senior staff in Health Management Board and he had this to say :

“My brother we have suffered, I wish there is another stronger word above suffering, that is what I would have used to describe our present situation. We here have not seen salary for the past 9 months, is that not wickedness?  How can someone claim to be governor of a state and his workers have not seen salary for 9 months and he still calls himself governor, what type of wicked governor is that?  Am a civil servant, am not a politician and I don’t care whether it is the turn of Ngwa or not, what I want is who has the capacity to pay salary should be the governor.. Gov. Ikpeazu has demonstrated that he lacks that capacity that’s why most civil servants wanted Ogah to take over so he that he can salvage us. I have a family, I have two kids in Abia State University, one is in class 5 in secondary school ,to pay school is a big problem, I have turned a begger, I am now a debtor.. See Abia Facts we are suffering ” he concluded.

Some other civil servants accosted were so disappointed at the decision of Judges of the Court of Appeal and are already showing sign of hopelessness.

Another lady interviewed by our reporter said :

“I am disappointed, not because I love Uche Ogah but because we civil servants are suffering under Gov. Ikpeazu. Me and my husband are civil servants, we had to sell our Toyota Camry to be able to pay School Fees of our kids in higher institutions ,I don’t know what we will sell again… Now that the Court people have ruled in his favour, it means suffering continues.. Abia Facts, are you people aware that workers and pensioners are dying everyday, what do you think is killing them, it is simply hunger and hypertension.. God of Abia State will surely deliver us.. She concluded.

It is so pathetic about the embarrassing situation of Abia State salary issue , while our neighboring states are trying their best to pay even if it’s half salary , Abia State government led by Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu has refused to pay.

Since after the judgment, the streets of Aba and Umuahia has been quiet, celebration is only visible within the domain of the political class..

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Kebbi Honours Buhari, Jega, Others At Silver Jubilee Celebration / Okorocha: "Preferred Man Ghost Had Slapped Me Rather Than Female Ghost" / Benue Governor Samuel Ortom Spotted Eating At A Local Joint (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.