Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... (65548 Views)

Isaac Adewole To JOHESU: Resume Or Be Declared As Having Absconded From Duty / RSS Officers Rush Woman In Labour To Hospital In Ketu (photos) / The Escapades Of Doctors On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by bamac(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Submitted by a blog reader.

...God bless the Nigeria custom officers on night duty.

19/8/16 - 20/8/16 12.15am
Note* Disturbing pictures.

If you are my friend, it's easy to figure out I have serious issues with men in uniform.

I am always the first to thank them for their service to our nation, and after that I rather have nothing more to do with them. Why? I don't like their "slap and kill" attitude, but tonight, I have a reason to be grateful and thankful to them.

So, it is 12a.m and Henry Adetutu Gbadega decided to take a perfect tumbling step down the bathtub and smashed half his face on the floor .....tiled floor.

He had a smashed face, blood everywhere with pieces of flesh.

Cars are parked behind cars, so it's hopeless going to knock flat by flat to come move their cars to drive out.

So on foot with a bleeding full grown man, rushing to the hospital.

We flagged down every car, truck, even okada we saw driving, not one stopped.
So, I took a running walk down to d next bus-stop, just by FGC Ijaniki, and approach the uniformed custom men.

On seeing Henry, the first officer gave up his seat, and the unending sympathetic "sorry o", "madam press the ice block for your brother face well", " chai! sorry my brother".

And then they started, trying to flag down cars. After 10mins, their boss looked at me and said " madam, no car is stopping. Let's drive you to the hospital ourselves" so they did.

No penny asked. "We don't have fuel" was not even the testimony.

We got to the Hospital, and siren started blasting. 5minutes,10minutes, hospital no gree open gate.....

Next thing I heard, the senior custom guy shouted "madam get inside the car now!!!!!"..... Lo and behold, in front of us approaching are the dreaded " ORO" cult.

So it happened the king in that community was dead and ORO was on-going.

You all know the drill ladies and gentlemen..WOMEN DO NOT SEE ORO, yet here i was, doing the neighbourly thing by 1a.m, in the middle of the night, not peeping but standing right there in the middle of the street, no place to hide, facing and staring right to the oncoming crowd of over 100 naked men, doing their traditional "evil"....The penalty? DEATH!!!!!Simple and short. No question asked.

The only protection i had were the gun blazing men of the Nigeria custom service, shielding me.....not the military but custom service.

If I didn't see it, I won't believe, but these men thought only to protect our country from illegal product entries, were about to put their lives on the line, protecting those they met less than 2hours ago.

It all happened so fast, but these brave 5 men, saved my life tonight and drove me out, Rambo style out.

After they dropped us home safe, telling us to go try apply first aid on his face and pray as we wait for daybreak, they left.

Again, not a penny demanded.
Some might say its their duty, but we are Nigerians and we know how it is.
Tonight, I am proud of my uniformed men. Tonight, I pray specially for those of them that stayed up all night watching our roads and going beyond their duty, to help stranded civilians like Henry, Oga Eke and I at night.

God bless and protect our uniformed men, keep them safe.

For those that keep slapping us just because....don't worry u will surely be posted to ......

HENRY :

SPEND 2minutes in Bed before rising, it could save your Life.

I almost died yester-night, when I stood up around 12.05a.m to ease myself, suddenly I collapsed on the floor with bruises all over me as I was about leaving the bathroom.

I guess doctors always advise don't stand up suddenly. Please spend some minutes before leaving your bed because medical fact has it that that moment your brain is not totally in control because there is no instant flow of blood or energy needed in full supply at that moment, learn from me, if not for God's grace I would have been late by now...typing this from my hospital bed.

Source : http://bamisepeters..com.ng/2016/08/if-not-for-nigerian-custom-officers-on.html

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by yrret: 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Not all uniform men are bad perhaps selfish. Sometimes the society change their personality to worse. But for me, I'm always protected around them when I have the money.

34 Likes

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by rexericx(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2016
K

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by rexericx(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2016
They did it with free mind,dey really helped

5 Likes

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by casttlebarbz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by CriticMaestro: 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
U had to show us his face? Wtf is wrong wif u...some guys sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Rapmoney(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Na wa o! What can I say?
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by AyamConfidence(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
I have a dream... that one day this world will be a safe place...that we wouldn't have to rush anyone out for treatment in the middle of the night... that nobody will be sick... that we wouldn't have to fear unwanted elements.... that time is what we keep praying for... "THY KINGDOM COME"

*kudos to the custom officials.... I'm proud of them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by blazetitov: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
God bless those gallant officers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by eleko1: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
God bless Niagra custom peeps.But those one in overall black Maria or mourning clothes,I tremble with embarassed undecided lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed :undecided Police nah una friend. Gud nite NLS.May we sleep and wake up well

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by ghostntommy: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thank God for your life.
Uniform shld never be an excuse for criminality and gross misconduct

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Untainted007: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
That is why it's never advisable to generalise any group, religion or even tribe (National Association of Name Checkers, take note). Some people are naturally good no matter where they find themselves and some will never be good no matter how u expect them to be. Even people with black uniforms (I didnt mention name o) there are still good and God fearing ones among them but the percentage is so small. But it pays to do good because you will reap what you sow.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Femich18(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
blazetitov:
God bless those gallant officers!
Naxo
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by micgray100(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
It is well... Try do your business doing day time.. Avoid late night and too early morning rush deals... My advice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by finalboss1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
hmm...dats awesme...but i nevrr ever hear say 100 men dey do oro o... abi which kain lie be dis..emagbami are we dat jobless in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by xmileeasy: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
micgray100:
It is well... Try do your business doing day time.. Avoid late night and too early morning rush deals... My advice...

I guess you didn't read the post. An accident occurred at their house late at night that needs medical attention that was the reason she had to go out with the victim to seek for help.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by princeonx: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
The story too long!! I no dey read. Take heart for your face!
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Taryur3(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
K
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by vintino(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
Can't seems to find the disturbing picture undecided undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by viqueta(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
God bless those men, there are still good people in the land or you reading this are you not good?
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Dexpro: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
Impressive i must say. That ORO part got my attention. Thank God you were saved by the men in uniform.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Estimable(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
Many of them are naturally good, just that the system corrupts most...
Thumbs up to those that refused to be corrupt ed...

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thank God for ur life o
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by almujeebe(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is the kind of news I love to be hearing about military/para-military men. May God bless them.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Flame4chi(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
quick recovery Sir... God bless our security personnel.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Divinehenrich(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
As bad as Nigeria is, we still have some good people in our society

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Beyhiodie(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wow! This is touching

3 Likes

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by KINGwax007(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
angry una din start again abi?

Drink water, don't drink again...

Drink urine, no drink again, e dey cut intestine...

Drink cold water, cold water no good again...

Spend two minutes in bed, no spend two, spend five..

When u hear gun shots for night, abi fire dey knock ur door, wake up close eye on top bed dey count time with ur yeye theory! angry angry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by obaival(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
U neva chin chon chi
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
The Lord works in mysterious ways
Like the time I was in Kano and I witnessed an accident
A car knocked down a motorcycle with a woman on it
almost immediately an ambulance arrived at the scene complete with a stretcher and staff and they hurriedly took the woman and the motorcyclist to the hospital
No questions asked nothing just picked them to safety

the whole time me and my friend our faces was like

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Congrats Op, you get luck say no be policemen you meet for road. Na inside cell you go dey by now , they would arrest you to forestall breakdown of law and order because the oro people could have killed you.
Naija police I hail oooo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Health Benefits Of Garlic / Nlanders In Field Of Health I Need Help Urgently / Rwandan Mother Cries Out Over Her 2 Children Who Increase In Size Daily (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.