Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

An Implicit Biblical Proof That Purgatory Might Exist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Implicit Biblical Proof That Purgatory Might Exist. (381 Views)

Introducing Implicit Theism : So You Think We Were Born As Atheists ? / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Implicit Biblical Proof That Purgatory Might Exist. by ezelos(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2016
I remain a staunch catholic by birth and till death even though I contemplate sometimes about our doctrine, one of which is heavily centered on the existence of purgatory: a place of temporary punishment after death before making heaven. This has been a generational controversial argument between the catholics and the pentecostals. The latter believes firmly that there are only two eternal destinations: Heaven and Hell, while the former establishes the fact that there are 3: Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. As a born catholic, I never believed in purgatory because I needed strong biblical evidence to prove to whoever doubts its existence, just like the doubting Thomas. I have heard and read different biblical verses by catholics to prove it, but I wasn't satisfied until I stumbled on one very powerful verse that vividly and implicitly describes the existence of purgatory even though the name wasn't mentioned. The book of 1 Peter 3: 18-20 (Good News Bible) says: "For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually, AND IN HIS SPIRITUAL EXISTENCE HE WENT AND PREACHED TO THE IMPRISONED SPIRITS. THESE WERE THE SPIRITS OF THOSE WHO HAD NOT OBEYED GOD WHEN HE AWAITED PATIENTLY DURING THE DAYS THAT NOAH WAS BUILDING HIS BOAT." Who and where were the imprisoned spirits Jesus went to preach to? Please note that I do not intend to raise dust, impose my belief or engage anyone regarding the truth-value of the scriptural words, but I desire to share it for you to ponder on what your faith dictates to you as a christian. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Implicit Biblical Proof That Purgatory Might Exist. by TyrantInAsoRock: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Hmm
Re: An Implicit Biblical Proof That Purgatory Might Exist. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ask your Parish Priest; you won't get the answer here. You are just starting a war.

(1) (Reply)

Steve Harvey Shares Inspirational Message To Encourage People / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / The Good Side Of Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.