Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation (22387 Views)

The Number Of Senators And Federal Representatives From States In Nigeria / See Breakdown Of States Allocation For The Month Of June 2016 / Unpaid Salaries: FG Yet To Receive Fresh Bailout Request From States-the Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by CeoNewshelm(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
The Federal Government has deducted a total sum of N32bn from the allocations of states from the Federation Account in the month of April 2016 for different loans they incurred.
In a report by the Economic Confidential, the economic intelligence magazine, Osun state appears to be the worse hit by the development and ranks number one, as its allocation for the month of April 2016 totalling N2.030 billion was wiped away by a deduction of N2.391 billion leaving a deficit of N361 million to be paid in the subsequent month by the state, and this represents a whopping 117.8 percent of the total allocation due the state from the federation account.

This means that Osun state had nothing to take home for the month of April, 2016, as other means of survival had to be adopted to keep the ship sailing for the people of Osun State.

Osun State is followed in the mind boggling deduction conundrum by Bayelsa state with a total deduction of N3.207 billion out of an allocation of N4.812 billion for the month of April, 2016 representing 66.66 percent of the total allocation.

Others are: Cross River state with a total deduction of N1.405 billion, Ogun state, N1.185 billion, Plateau State, N1.248 billion and Ekiti State with N1.067 billion all representing 63.46 percent, 57.20 percent, 56.52 percent and 55.33 percent respectively within the period under review.

From the investigation, not less than N3.078 billion of the total amount was deducted for bail-out funds granted the states by the Federal Government. At least eight states had no deductions on bail-out funds for the month of April 2016.

The states: Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Jigawa, Kogi, Lagos, Rivers, Yobe and the Federal Capital Territory did not collect the bail-out funds from the federal government or appropriate time for the deduction have not fallen due and are yet to commence.

Meanwhile, from the schedule of deductions obtained and computed by the Economic Confidential, the deductions from the states also includes debts on AMCON loan, Commercial Agric Credit Scheme, Bond Issuance Programme, Contractual obligation, and deduction from Excess Crude account. Others are: Refund/Payment arrears of derivation, foreign loans, special intervention/flood management project, the national fadama project and reconstruction of commercial bank loans into FGN bonds apart from bail-out funds.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/21/federal-government-deducts-n32bn-states-allocation-debts-incurred/

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by nairayouthcom(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
kk
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by divinehand2003(m): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm
Na wao
Good for them. It serves them right. The governors must learn to be proactive and develop their internally generated revenue to survive. No more time for lazy ass pot bellied governors who wait for federal allowee to share amongst themselves and their cronies.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by midolian(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
Bayelsa is dead! cheesy

GEJ should bail them out with less than 1% of what he embezzled na...instead of sponsoring NDA with it undecided

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by dunkem21(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
midolian:
Bayelsa is dead! cheesy

Osun is buried then grin

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
Osun's case has gone celestialgrin

48 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by basilo101: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ifeanyi Uba should buy Osun state now. Lol

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by ConqueredWest: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
I don't blame the governors totally but people who refuses true federalism

10 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Eazybay(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Let it start 4rm here..

Latest bags?? Check my signature
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by leofab(f): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Funny greedy government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by TyrantInAsoRock: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
midolian:
Bayelsa is dead! cheesy

GEJ should bail them out with less than 1% of what he embezzled na...instead of sponsoring NDA with it undecided
Help us beg tinubu to help my state out

At least they both share the money when things was going on well

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Zico5(m): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
What are these states using the bogus bailout for. Upon all the allocation being accrued to then, there is nothing to show for it. Nigeria need restructuring cos no hope for the future at this moment.

3 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by thundabot(f): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
CONFUSE BUHARI APC LEAD GOVERNMENT

7 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by veekid(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
Confused country ruled by a confused old man that's older than the country herself [size=22pt]shame[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Emekamex(m): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
So Osun state is owing FG, they should better pay up. I wonder what Aregbesola did with all their funds.

6 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
pls how can I bid to buy Osun state?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by easyfem(m): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oya wailer , food don come
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by 989900: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one . . . to collect d loan dey dey sweet, oya, pay na.

1 Like

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
grin grin
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by gokay11(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Osun number1 again#smh

8 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Jokerman(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
We the good people of Nigeria will like to know what the 32bn deducted will be used for... hope its not another conduit like AishaHaliburton dat will siphon it for her thief hubby....

Lol... Osun state should be bailed by Otedola or Tinubu .
Bayelsa by GEJ..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by free2ryhme: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
grin
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
I am ashamed for bayelsa. Bayelsa have no need being on that list. With just 8 local government areas and with one of the highest allocations bayelsa ought to be competing with Lagos or Abuja. Yet the governor can't pay salaries of workers. This last time he paid salaries was 8months ago. Pensioners nko? That one na no go area. The ONLY University in the state, Niger Delta University (NDU) has been on strike since February, yet the governor is not bothered. The people get the leader they deserve I guess

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Lilchilz(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
i dnt really like keepin pet....buh after a lil shoppinq today i saw a DOG i really liked....i asked wat's the name frm the buyer..he said the doq hasn't qot any name yet..then i fink and fink and i decide to name him BUHARI..pls quys advice me is dat name cute .

18 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
the intervention was a loan FG did the right thing. Nigerians and free things.
Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Kenai: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
I thought the goat-faced tout Aregbesola said Goodluck Jonathan was cutting Osun state's allocation to punish him for belonging in the opposition?

Tell me, is Jonathan still cutting your allocation from Otueke?

And to think so many so-called "EDUCATED" people like Gbawe, Omojuwa, Ayourb, OgbeniDipo, GbengaGold, DOlusegun and the other fraudsters helped in PERSISTENTLY spinning that lie?
WHAT A PITY!

Truly, these people have played themselves and shown the world they're nothing but hungry riff-raffs who lie for a living.

What credibility do you have left?
Shame!

Truly, the Nigerian 'intellectual' is a fraud.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by dondavinchi(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
midolian:
Bayelsa is dead! cheesy

tell ur father to help dem clown

6 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by babyfaceafrica: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jokerman:
We the good people of Nigeria will like to know what the 32bn deducted will be used for... hope its not another conduit like AishaHaliburton dat will siphon it for her thief hubby....

Lol... Osun state should be bailed by Otedola or Tinubu .
Bayelsa by GEJ..
a money was borrowed ,and it was deducted,what is your own with the money...they simply collected their money

2 Likes

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Jokerman(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
a money was borrowed ,and it was deducted,what is your own with the money...they simply collected their money

What was ur own with wat Dasuki did with FG's money? ?

1 Like

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
[s]
midolian:
Bayelsa is dead! cheesy

[/s]
hypocrite

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
Three yorubaa states : Osun, Ekiti and Ogun. I'm not surprised...You see why they love One Nigeria to continue? They cannot survive without Federal oil money. They will be telling you they are sophisticated until they sophisticate themselves into debt. They claim Ogun has more industries than all SE...Lol. Yet Ogun can't even pay 1.8 billion naira federal debt. SMH

30 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / 2019: Amid Uncertainty, Tinubu, Ganduje Visit Wamakko / Obaseki Introduces Revenue Scratch Card In Edo For Levies Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.