Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) (40467 Views)

₦6million Can-Am Spyder Roadster Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Accident Along Bida Road, Niger State - Graphic / A Car Constructed With Wood With Motorcycle Engine In Bida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Litmus: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Emekamex:
Pathetic effort, the whole car will be toast once the engine is started. Wood and heat is a bad combination.

Not true.

Read:
http://www.oldwoodies.com/feature-africar.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africar
http://acadiane.free.fr/offroad/africar/design.htm

See:

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
kabrud:

Don't know what u studied but u reason like an engineer. Very good point.
what if the car is just a model with no engine? Or even if its moveable, it cud be just pedals ?I cud also be a scienttist to an engineer grin
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Litmus: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by aleniboro(m): 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please check this new thread -- https://www.nairaland.com/3302462/toyota-launches-wooden-car-toyota

It was a thread about New Toyota wooden car.

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
kabrud:

I don't know why Nigerians are easily deceived by grammar. Wood can get hot and not burn as long as there's no naked flame. Even fuel can get really warm and not catch fire. Turn on a minimum of 4kva gen for 6 hours, put ur hand in the diesel or petrol and it will be warm, really warm.

It's possible to have a wooden car with accurate protection.

Don't be a pessimist sir.

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by aleniboro(m): 12:00am On Aug 22, 2016
biggie73:
...the world has drastically changed, Nigeria must change with it or perish. A wooden car or backward innovation is NEVER an alternative to highly sophisticated transportation system like Hyperloop. Though I appreciate his skills, I am just not impressed...
Have you seen Toyota Setsuna that was revealed by Toyota in April 12th this year waiting to get into market? Or you are saying Toyota is going for backward technology? I beg, we should start appreciating what we have to improve on it. Sky might be the limit my guy.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2016
Emekamex:
Pathetic effort, the whole car will be toast once the engine is started. Wood and heat is a bad combination.
I agree with u.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Olajay3700(m): 12:21am On Aug 22, 2016
It's not bad. Really? (I'm not asking you)
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Spells(m): 12:25am On Aug 22, 2016
Wooden car ko leather ni .... I just imagined a wooden engine too cheesy
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kaylex1994(m): 1:17am On Aug 22, 2016
I already know it will be in Niger state...hilarious thing will never cease...they have never been known for good things....coming into new in d negative manner...

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Tobyshegz(m): 1:36am On Aug 22, 2016
1000 ways to die.
Number 58 grin grin grin
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by mryemite(m): 1:38am On Aug 22, 2016
This Guy as really tried.
guys talking about the wood material...body of most new cars now are made with Fiber materials.... do they catch fire after 100s of km? NO.
there are lots of cars finished with shining wood materials (Formica).

This is a great Innovation! let us praise him.
#remember we import Tooth Pick.

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Pain(m): 4:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Designed without Safety in mind. See why Education is important. Lack/Poor Education is more expensive and no where is this more evident than in a nation where mediocrity is celebrated. SMH..
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by izzieman: 5:04am On Aug 22, 2016
kabrud:

You guys forget that the first airplanes were made out of wood and the second commenter, if you are an open minded engineer, you will probably know that there are heat treatments for wood. Sometime you have to think outside the box.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Mcoldsoja(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2016
DjAndroid:
When the exhaust pipe heats up, the kind fire wey the car go catch eh.
Fire wood
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by feeloscar(m): 6:09am On Aug 22, 2016
advance development.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/car-made-of-wood-spotted-in-bida-niger.html?m=1

[/quote]Did I hear you say 'advanced development'? Advanced development indeed lol
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by ganiyu26(m): 6:30am On Aug 22, 2016
kabrud:

Not good point bro, do u remember the part wr they tot us that woods are bad conductor of heat? Am also sure if the inner is lag with something like fibre nothing will happen to the wood. Good innovation there sourcing local material for it idea!
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kabrud: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2016
izzieman:

You guys forget that the first airplanes were made out of wood and the second commenter, if you are an open minded engineer, you will probably know that there are heat treatments for wood. Sometime you have to think outside the box.
Guy, relax ur mind, I'm an engineer and I know what I'm talking about. I only praised him because his brain was fast in observing the limitation. Now let me explain a concept to u. Metals are very good conductors of heat as opposed to woods. What this means is that for metals, heat, at the point of contact with the metal can be easily spread to other parts thereby facilitating easy dessipation to the environment and a resultant lower temperature is easily achieved. Wood, on the other hand, does not have this property and as such the excessive heat at that point of contact result in extreme high temperature which will end up roasting the wood. U reffered to an aircraft made of wood but in the same vain, u agreed that it is no longer in use but did u bother to know why? Woods are generally lighter than metals and this is a good property that can be harnessed in the aircraft industry since an integral principle of the aicraft is bouyancy but why are woods not being used? The answer lies in the explanation above. So just chill. cool

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kabrud: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2016
ganiyu26:

Not good point bro, do u remember the part wr they tot us that woods are bad conductor of heat? Am also sure if the inner is lag with something like fibre nothing will happen to the wood. Good innovation there sourcing local material for it idea!
I have explained my position, check through the thread.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by babapressy(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Bt no matter what, its a commendable effort.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by logoscope(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2016
oweniwe:
I'm trying to imagine how the car will look like after a front, rear or side impact.

How the wood will stay in place at 100km.... Cos vibration of the body will vibrate some nails out of the frame.

Im not hating o. Dem try.
It's called improvisation. Use what you have to make what you want. cheesy
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by onward4life(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2016
eleburu:
A Facebook user who came across this car said

He first saw pictures of this car on Facebook but was lucky today to actually see the car. Made in Bida, Niger State. Government should come to the technical n financial aid of the brain behind this piece for advance development.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/car-made-of-wood-spotted-in-bida-niger.html?m=1

Nice engineering masterpice
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kabrud: 9:17am On Aug 22, 2016
Dreamwaker:

I don't know why Nigerians are easily deceived by grammar. Wood can get hot and not burn as long as there's no naked flame. Even fuel can get really warm and not catch fire. Turn on a minimum of 4kva gen for 6 hours, put ur hand in the diesel or petrol and it will be warm, really warm.

It's possible to have a wooden car with accurate protection.

Don't be a pessimist sir.
U got it wrong bro. And I did not see any jaw breaking words in his comment that will throw me off balance and be deceived and indeed I look at people with high penchant for unfamilliar words as clowns even if their opinions are reasonable. Back to the topic. First, I will like to let u know that I'm an engineer by training. I applauded the poster which I had quoted for the fact that he was very fast in identifying the likely limitation of the so called invention. Anybody with little idea of thermal conductivity of materials has no reason to counter his opinion. This is for the fact that metals, by their nature, are good conductors of heat and this property is of utmost importance in its use for heat-related systems. When metals are heated at one end, the heat is easily transfered to other parts and this has the effect of easily dissipating the heat to the environment depending on the ambient temp. The final effect is lower temperature on the metal. Have u ever heard of heat sink? Do u know the integral part of heat sink? The wood, on the other hand cannot conduct heat and as such, when heat is applied at one end, the heat can't be distributed to other part to facilitate easy dissipation and this result in excessive heat at that point. The effect of this is that the wood fibres are easily weakened if not burnt. The issue of wood will not burn if it is not exposed to naked flame is also not tenable in the field of thermodynamics. A quick experiment; go to any nearby carpenter, get some wood chaffs or saw dust. Put them inside a pot placed on fire and allow it for a moment. U will agree with me that the wood chaff will easily get roasted when compared to metal fillings. So guy, get ur facts right before u label anyone a pessimist.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Ebunoluwa20(f): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2016
Fuel, wood, heat. Nice concept, sorry. But this is is suicide.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by MamaletASO: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2016
Convertible!!!
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by MamaletASO: 9:49am On Aug 22, 2016
eleburu:
A Facebook user who came across this car said

He first saw pictures of this car on Facebook but was lucky today to actually see the car. Made in Bida, Niger State. Government should come to the technical n financial aid of the brain behind this piece for advance development.

Convertible!!!
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2016
kabrud:

Its actually common sense
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by lexyclasy: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Emekamex:
Its just a model formation....The metallurgical properties may put in use in practical terms....he just need financial aids and Government motivation.....The person that invented a vehicle did not got it right at first instance....record shows for a bulb to successfully light up about 1000 trials were recorded....so kudos to the effort....[]I Stand with Invention and Research[]
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2016
kabrud:

U got it wrong bro. And I did not see any jaw breaking words in his comment that will throw me off balance and be deceived and indeed I look at people with high penchant for unfamilliar words as clowns even if their opinions are reasonable. Back to the topic. First, I will like to let u know that I'm an engineer by training. I applauded the poster which I had quoted for the fact that he was very fast in identifying the likely limitation of the so called invention. Anybody with little idea of thermal conductivity of materials has no reason to counter his opinion. This is for the fact that metals, by their nature, are good conductors of heat and this property is of utmost importance in its use for heat-related systems. When metals are heated at one end, the heat is easily transfered to other parts and this has the effect of easily dissipating the heat to the environment depending on the ambient temp. The final effect is lower temperature on the metal. Have u ever heard of heat sink? Do u know the integral part of heat sink? The wood, on the other hand cannot conduct heat and as such, when heat is applied at one end, the heat can't be distributed to other part to facilitate easy dissipation and this result in excessive heat at that point. The effect of this is that the wood fibres are easily weakened if not burnt. The issue of wood will not burn if it is not exposed to naked flame is also not tenable in the field of thermodynamics. A quick experiment; go to any nearby carpenter, get some wood chaffs or saw dust. Put them inside a pot placed on fire and allow it for a moment. U will agree with me that the wood chaff will easily get roasted when compared to metal fillings. So guy, get ur facts right before u label anyone a pessimist.

Ahn ahn guy see as you wan fall my hand. Me sef go school o. The car could be all metal and wood used to cover up the metal (with exception of the engine area) to make it like it's all wooden.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kabrud: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Ahn ahn guy see as you wan fall my hand. Me sef go school o. The car could be all metal and wood used to cover up the metal (with exception of the engine area) to make it like it's all wooden.
But all along, the argument was based on the assumption that the car was completely made of wood as contained in the caption of the thread.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by phillthy(m): 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
kabrud:

You both are wrong. That wood is a conductor of heat does not necessarily mean it will go up in flames...

What if the heat is prevented from getting to the wood?
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kabrud: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
phillthy:

You both are wrong. That wood is a conductor of heat does not necessarily mean it will go up in flames...

What if the heat is prevented from getting to the wood?
First, wood is not a conductor of heat. Secondly, I have responded to similar argument on this thread and u can check through the thread as I can't be repeating it all the time. However, if u are not satified with my explanation, then u can get back to me and be specific on the area of disagreement. Tnx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All-new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.