Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA (50890 Views)

Usain Bolt Stripped Off Olympic Gold Medal / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by kolaish(m): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Damfostopper:
Nigeria... only one medal from d men's football team.... so all those agberos.... touts bullies and wife beaters Neva represented Nigeria for boxing.... wat about all those guys wey dey carry bag of cement for mouth... dey use mouth to lift steel... were dem dey?... I no see them for weight lifting... chai which way naija
Those qualities are raw power, the olympic is more than that because it is more of technicalities and training facilities. Has anyone of us taken time to check the facilities in our stadium to see if actually they meet international standard. I have gone to other countries and have seen the facilities in their indoor hall and gymnasium. our govt in conjuction with private sector need to do more in this area bfor we can develop in sport.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by DarkKing10: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Yeah I understand that we Nigerians are disappointed to see another country capitalize on our collective and individual stupidity by utilizing our Young talents to gain medals for themselves.we are the problem i'll explain
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Temmywalex: 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
Here in Nigeria and Africa, we attribute every career failure to the handiwork of Satan, witches and wizards, meanwhile, we are always the reasons for our failure, or does it means that those countries with success record has no witchcraft to hinder their success?.

I believe that a lot of people that were unable to make it in their endeavour here would have made it somewhere else around the world.

Talents are being wasted on daily basis due to lack of motivation and encouragement from the expected channels (government, parents, family and friends).

Indeed, God had blessed Nigeria with both human, material and natural resources but we fail to tap them. You will notice that most Nigerians that studied abroad always perform excellently well. I can remember my 100 level days in school where over 500 undergraduates will be receiving lectures in a class meant for about 100 people. How can you get the best from such learning environment?.

This is what is also happening in sports and other sectors of our dear country.

I think the way forward to achieve the best in sport is to have a full time academy in all these various sporting events here in Nigeria so that interested people can develop their various sporting skills. I think this will increase our chances of getting the best talents and in turn lead to success story for us as a country.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Marvinspeed(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
Which one is Yoruba pastor again :/
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by diegwu01: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nigerians can dominate in any sports they want, Lets just emulate Singapore and Offer $1,000,000 for Gold Medal winners, $500,000 for Silver and $250,000 for Bronze medal, they need not bother themselves with sponsorship or costs for training or camping, Nigerians would take it upon themselves to fetch the medals
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Damfostopper(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
stevejireh01:
how about those that trekked from Lagos to Abuja?
hahahaha I tell yu
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by biggie73(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
thesicilian:
She would not have won it if she had represented Nigeria.
...won for where? In Nigeria,dreams die first before reality dies....

2 Likes

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
You too wise. I like your observation,
magicminister:
Nigeria have lost most of her best citizens to other countries.
From atletes, to artisans, to medical practitioners and scientists.
We have been blessed with the best brains but cursed with terrible leaders.

Just imagine where we would be if we supported our youths?

Just imagine where we would be if most of us didn't dream of travelling to london or us in search of better lives cos we have all we need here?

Congratulation to this girl.
Lets celebrate another excellent gene we lost to other countries.
Lets celebrate our failures.

@seun
You seem not to know how powerful your website is.
Your moderators should maintain professionalism at all times.
Which one is "yoruba pastor"s daughter"?
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Other tribes like me will soon leave this Yoruba's forum and lets see if it will survive with em.
"we have got talents, but bad leader" most Nigerians are same; bad ppl produce, bad leaders. Stop blaming the government always cos you are part of the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Otunagum(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
She wouldn't have won common bronze if she stood for Nigeria. Cone heads are well-known for slaving for the whites cool
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by saibaba2(m): 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
good. let them all represent the country that promotes and values their talents
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by crisycent: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
magicminister:

Just imagine where we would be if most of us didn't dream of travelling to london or us in search of better lives cos we have all we need here?

@seun

I thought I was the only one that noticed the nonsense. This is what NL has become and it's a big shame. If she had stolen money or defrauded someone, she will become a "Nigerian".

2 Likes

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by fkj950ax(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
magicminister:
.[/b]

@seun

Don't mind Seun. He's contributing his quota to the division of the country.

I have complained to him here and offline, but he's enjoying the traffic the tribal and ethnic war brings NL.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Max24: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
ModsAreMad:
We....NCAN,Oyo State chapter was about celebrating her buh the moment we saw "USA".....

Fu¢k her....
Fu¢k her medal...

If all our Leqend did same thinq.....what would have been our achievement....

Quote me....let Sanqo/Oqun table yhur matter!
Which Sango or Ogun are u talking about ? Those dead guys who died long ago who could not even save themselves. Abeg, free the girl. If you want legends work for it and respect the ones you have. As you lay your bed so you lie on it.

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by lereinter(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
Pls what's the motive of saying

Yoruba pastor daughter

As the title of the tread
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Atonto: 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
magicminister:

@seun

Nigeria Best citizens are still here in Naija, simply put, she is in the league of those that prepared early knowing what olympic is all about. Give someone in Naija the same opportunity, she will do beta.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by amanikondo: 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
thesicilian:
She would not have won it if she had represented Nigeria.

You cannot win eating FUFU.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Ritchiee: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
grayht:
Yoruba pastors daughter...

Nairaland Mods pls modify. Thanks

Cc: lalasticlalcla
Cc: Mynd44

Choi! Your wahala too much.Lef am as hin be grin
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by fkj950ax(m): 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
ModsAreMad:
We....NCAN,Oyo State chapter was about celebrating her buh the moment we saw "USA".....

Fu¢k her....
Fu¢k her medal...

If all our Leqend did same thinq.....what would have been our achievement....

Quote me....let Sanqo/Oqun table yhur matter!

Too many kids on NL with free MTN wow weekend data.
What's NCAN
She won a medal for USA cos she lives in USA. She schools there.
What Legend are you talking about? Please list them out...
And is this your own contribution to Nigeria journey to that achievement you refer to?
No wonder she represented USA. She didn't want to have to deal with your like.

Please learn to spell properly at all times. It may make the difference between your success or failure.

You are Nigerian. You say but, not buh...

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ritchiee:
Choi! Your wahala too much.Lef am as hin be grin
lol..
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Ritchiee: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Symphony1:
Other tribes like me will soon leave this Yoruba's forum and lets see if it will survive with em.
"we have got talents, but bad leader" most Nigerians are same; bad ppl produce, bad leaders. Stop blaming the government always cos you are part of the government.
Abegy..leave at once make we forget una.Na this forum even make us know say Igbos exist and sabi book small.

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by drakura: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
She didn't win gold or any medal, she ran the qualifying race but was not used on the Final race, Allyson Felix, Tiana meadows Batoletta , Tori Bowie and English gardener won the gold. ...Stop misleading the people

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by fkj950ax(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
drakura:
She didn't win gold or any medal, she ran the qualifying race but was not used on the Final race, Allyson Felix, Tiana meadows Batoletta , Tori Bowie and English gardener won the gold. ...Stop misleading the people

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by thesicilian: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
amanikondo:
You cannot win eating FUFU.
Hahaha
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Ritchiee: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ritchiee:
Abegy..leave at once make we forget una.Na this forum even make us know say Igbos exist and sabi book small.

Wetin dey happen.I wrote fla.tties but na Igbos I see.She na Igbo dem be flat.ties?
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by thesicilian: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
biggie73:
...won for where? In Nigeria, dreams die first before reality dies....
Hmmm. That's deep.
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Morolake Akinosun is her name... I came, I saw, I conquer... Proudly Oodua

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by wristbangle: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
ireneony:
i tire ooo..if na other tribe u go see a nigeria girl won gold medal for USA.

The girl nor fine self

U fine reach her . She win gold atleast. U sef never win common wood medal before tongue

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by ireneony(f): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
wristbangle:

U fine reach her . She win gold atleast. U sef never win common wood medal before tongue
if i catch u ehh I will beat u grin

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by kellybently(m): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Omooba77:
Yoruba Pastors' Daughter Wins Olympics Gold Medal For USA

Congratulations to our dearest Morolake Akinosun for winning Gold Medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio. We are proud of this great and laudable achievement. We rejoice with the proud parents, our dearest Pastors, Pastor Wale and Pastor Foluke Akinosun. This is just the beginning. Many more to come in Jesus name. We return all the glory to the Lord Almighty. We bless your name and adore you.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/sports/ct-abn-womens-track-olympics-morolake-akinosun-st-0821-20160820-story.html

Small time Ijaw men go jump enter water like fish, See swimming for Olympics, ZERO medal for Nigeria.

Igbo man go dey tumble for Atilogwu, see gymnastics for Olympics, no entry.

Hausa man go enter boat dey shout Argungu Fishing Festival, See Rowing at the Olympics, ZERO medal for Nigeria.

Fulani herdsmen fit shoot arrow from 1km kill anyone wey wan steal dem cow, Olympics reach, make dem go do Archery dem no gree show face.

Yoruba man will remove clothes, wrist watch and pant to fight at Ojuelegba. See boxing at the Olympics, zero medal.

The one wey vex me pass na Warri people. Warri man go say Warri no dey carry last......wetin Blessing Okagbare, our own Warri girl carry for 100m Olympic finals?
No be last..? I taya 4 Naija sef.

Una well done oooh my people!

3 Likes

Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by CoolFreeday(m): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good for her But am not impress. no matter wat, I rep naija. will rather compete for my country that I luv than any other.
#I can see how patriotic we are!!!
Re: Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA by tno4real(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
kbams241:
Love ma tribe. Yorubas representing everywer in d world.NANC. Morolake Akinosun is her name

I'm so sorry for u, ur tribe and ur country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Mbappe Meeting Ronaldo For The First Time!! / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.