Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Edo Guber: Traditional Rulers Will Play Key Role In My Govt – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: Traditional Rulers Will Play Key Role In My Govt – Obaseki (767 Views)

My Govt Inherited Nothing From Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan – Buhari / INEC Clears Ize-iyamu, Obaseki, 17 Others For Edo Guber Poll. / PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo Guber: Traditional Rulers Will Play Key Role In My Govt – Obaseki by EdCure: 7:35am On Aug 22, 2016
The Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) party, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has assured that traditional rulers would play key role in his government when elected into office in the forthcoming September 10 gubernatorial poll in Edo.

The APC governorship candidate stated this when he visited traditional rulers of both Ugbegun and Opoji, near Irrua, Esan Central Local Government Area of the state.

Obaseki said his government would solicit a strong partnership with the traditional institution because his government, when elected, would primarily be based on attracting investment to rural communities.

While noting that the investments will be in the areas of agriculture, mining and other small scale industries, he said being the custodians of their communities, the traditional rulers are expected to partner with the government to ensure safety of these investments.

He said, “For me, the progress of the entire state is what I am about. I want to assure you that Oshiomhole has laid a solid foundation and our role is now to build on that solid foundation. It is a foundation that can carry skyscrapers and we understand the design, we understand where the pillars and column are and what the structure can hold.

“We are not afraid, we are not timid, we will fight whatever political battle required in making sure that never again in the life of our state, in the life of our people, the way we have political bandit come and steal from us.

“We are going to redefine the politics of Edo State. We have started doing that already. Like I have said, the next phase of our lives is one that is going to be driven without oil, so certainly we have no choice.

“The politics of oil has come to an end; we are now going into an era where we would have to imbue the tenets of the politics of development. The politics of development now require us to look inward and use our resources to our own development and to the development of our own people.

“In this new phase, we will forge very close relationship with our traditional institution because we would be attracting investors and investments into our various communities.

“So our presence here today is to reassure you that the next phase we are going into, we will be permanent features in almost all palaces across the state, seeking for cooperation, seeking your trust so that when we bring people into your domain to come and undertake economic activities, they will get your support.”

The clan heads of Opoji and Ogbegun, Aidonoje Ehidiamen and Samuel Obade respectively, expressed their willingness to partner with the government, to safe guard investment that will improve on the economy and well-being of their subjects.

https://www.today.ng/politics/170795/edo-guber-traditional-rulers-play-key-role-govt-obaseki

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Traditional Rulers Will Play Key Role In My Govt – Obaseki by EdCure: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2016
We are not afraid, we are not timid, we will fight whatever political battle required in making sure that never again in the life of our state, in the life of our people, the way we have political bandit come and steal from us.
We reject PDP in Edo state. We know what they stand for!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Traditional Rulers Will Play Key Role In My Govt – Obaseki by justified007: 2:16pm On May 12, 2023
This was when Edo be like Lagos but Edo no be Lagos again 😂😂😂😂

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Governor Ikpeazu Attends Lavish Wedding In Port Harcourt / Three Medical Doctors Involved In Terrorist Attacks / How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.