Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Doctors Saved Man From Death,removed 40 Knifes From His Stomach - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Saved Man From Death,removed 40 Knifes From His Stomach (421 Views)

Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Man Spotted In Abuja With His Intestines Out Of His Stomach,Photos Go Viral(pics / Ghanaian Boy Born With His Organs Outside His Stomach (exomphalos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Saved Man From Death,removed 40 Knifes From His Stomach by Sophy338: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2016
A man in India spent two months swallowing knives and had 40 of them surgically removed from his stomach, according to the doctor who led the operation.
"He had a wild urge to consume metal. Even for us, the experienced surgeons, it was frightening," Dr. Jatinder Malhotra.

"We were so nervous... a small mistake could have taken the patient's life. In my 20 years of practice, I have never seen anything like it."
Malhotra said it took his team about two days to form a diagnosis and surgery plan.
The five-hour operation took place Friday in the northern Indian city of Amritsar, a Sikh holy city in the state of Punjab.
Malhotra said they found foldable knives, which when fully extended were about seven inches long.
"He [the patient] says he swallowed some knives folded, and some unfolded. When we took out the knives -- some were found folded, some were open, and some had even started rusting and were broken," Malhotra said.
The patient, a 42-year-old father of two, is feeling much better.
"I'm sorry I let my family down. I'll be forever thankful to doctors and hospital staff for saving my life," he said.
Malhotra says the patient is now "out of danger" and is set to be discharged in a couple of days.

This is strange and funny. Is it that Nigeria in a way has affected India with Economic hardship too? because a derica of rice is now #320. So someone has no food but metal. You remember the experience when there is nothing in the house but Cassava flakes (garri) and you taking it in the rain and your walks in and you have no option but to say garri is my best food. #LOLS
Your opinion counts.

#mypalmchatexperience.
(Source, CNN)

Re: Doctors Saved Man From Death,removed 40 Knifes From His Stomach by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2016
This is serious! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Treat Insect Bites At Home With These Home Remedies / Did You View Or Listen To This News?-these Amazing Governors / Smackdown Diabetes! 2016 Organic Chinese Herbal Cure! Trusted And Tested!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.