Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? (3295 Views)

Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
Please, i no longer want to be called a Nigerian. I dont need her citizenship anymore.
How do i go about this? Is there a legal way to handle this? Or should i use the media to announce it?
I need your advice guys, no beef.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by asha80(m): 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2009
You are not being patriotic cool
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
go to your local nigerian embassy and inform them.

There's a process you have to go through.

make it final oh- dont change your mind later and start looking for oluwole or bribing people to erase the record.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
just throw your passport into the toilet
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by asha80(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
mikeansy:

just through your passport into the toilet

shocked shocked cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by chic2pimp(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
babaearly:

Please, i no longer want to be called a Nigerian. I dont need her citizenship anymore.
How do i go about this? Is there a legal way to handle this? Or should i use the media to announce it?
Yes oooo. Make u use dat medium. *Shakes His Head*
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Shola2009(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
Why's you want to denounce ur nationality, The more passports you have the better!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by bibiking1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
how do you explain your lineage to your children then

Anyway, simply write a letter addressed to the President of the federation through the High Commissioner of whatever country you are in. Ensure you have been accepted by the country you choose to get to first o!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by back2back(f): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
You can do this legally.

Go to a court of law and declaring you want to renouce your Nigerian citizenship.

If you dont have any other citizehshp, you become 'stateless' and illegal resident of Nigeria or whereever you are NOW!

Basically in LAW you dont exist anymore.

Lineage is different from citizeship!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by nex(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
@babaearly

From your post, it is clear you have already denounced your Nigerian citizenship a million times.

However, to renounce your Nigerian citizenship, I suggest you get a lawyer and sign an affidavit at your local court in Nigeria then place an AD in a national paper declaring same.

If you're abroad, you do the same and send a copy to the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, just make sure there's a printed AD in Nigerian national daily paper and one in the country of residence which will stand as evidence.

Good luck my brother and farewell.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by MrCrackles(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
babaearly:

Oh boy this is serious. . .
Nigerians denouncing and wanting to denounce citizenship en-masse. . .  grin
You just need to turn back the hands of time, simplicio! wink
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by sleekp1: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
Why not have a clean break.
Since you are not technically a Nigerian anymore would you still visit Nairaland?
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by bibiking1(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
nex:

@babaearly

From your post, it is clear you have already denounced your Nigerian citizenship a million times.

However, to renounce your Nigerian citizenship, I suggest you get a lawyer and sign an affidavit at your local court in Nigeria then place an AD in a national paper declaring same.

If you're abroad, you do the same and send a copy to the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, just make sure there's a printed AD in Nigerian national daily paper and one in the country of residence which will stand as evidence.

Good luck my brother and farewell.

Really, Farewell!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by kuramo: 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
I believe Babaearly is not unpatriotic in his quest to denounce his Nigerian citizenship.

My advice to him is to simply allow his passport renewal to lapse and when sanity returns to the political and general situation in Nigeria. He can then reactivate his nationality.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by muhsin(m): 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
grin grin grin

Calm down, man.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
kuramo:

I believe Babaearly is not unpatriotic in his quest to denounce his Nigerian citizenship.

My advice to him is to simply allow his passport renewal to lapse and when sanity returns to the political and general situation in Nigeria. He can then reactivate his nationality.

crap
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
kuramo:

@Poster, Listen to this man!!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
abeg Nigeria is overpopulated.

People should stop giving bad advice.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Beaf: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
Something serious must have happened to trigger this reaction. I know of situations were Nigeria has abandoned her own to the wolves.

But my brother, it is on the rash side and you will very likely to regret it.
Nigeria, might not last that long; so why take such a decision?

Calm down and look to obtain dual nationality for the meantime.

Home is home.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
The only way to denounce your nationality is to die - man, instead of coming here to ask a stupid question, please drink acid, or some poisonous stuff and Nigeria will be happy that another idiot has just denounced her, Good luck boy o boy.
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by Shola2009(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
^^lol, @poster, if u cant obtain acid, try household Bleach!!
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by kosovo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
what a complete waste of time
Re: How Can I Denounce My Nigerian Citizenship? by illusion2: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2009
DENOUNCE ABI NA RENOUNCE ?! undecided

Nairaland of comedy !! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) / Richest State In Nigeria 2013 Is Lagos; Sokoto Is The Poorest-see Lists. / Governor Of State Of Osun, Ogbeni Aregbesola Commissioned Omoluabi Buses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.