Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) (5144 Views)

The Cut Off Mark For All Courses In OOU / JAMB 2017: Oloyede Made Everyone Look Brilliant / What Is The Cut Off Mark For Computer Science Jambites For UNICAL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by NewsPoacher: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2016

This article is obviously NSFW

Yet to go on your summer holiday? You'll be sure to impress (we use the term imaginatively) locals if you manage to work any of these into conversation...

1. German: Törtchenfriedhof!

You cake graveyard (fat person).

2. Japanese: Kisama!

This is a very rude way of saying 'you', apparently.

3. Mandarin: Guītóu!

Turtle's head (penis).

4. Arabic: Ayreh feek

'My penis in you.'

5. Amharic: Silbabot!

'You are the fatty layer on my warm milk', ie, I have no use for you.

[size=15pt]6. Yoruba: Iya e! (with hand gesture of splayed fingers)[/size]

Literally 'your mum' - but the gesture means you're challenging someone to a fight.

7. Argentinian Spanish: Che boludo!

'Hey ballsack!'

8. Italian: Che cazzo!

Translates as 'what the cock!'

9. Tamil: Mulai kann!

Literally 'breast eye', ie nipple

10. Swedish: Skitstövel!

'Shit boot' (asshole).

11. Russian: Blin!

Kind of means 'umm', kind of means 'LovePeddler', kind of means 'pancake'. Use it as you wish.

Source: http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/11-of-the-most-brilliant-swear-words-from-around-the-world--b1M0wFzE3wb

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala, OAM4J, chaaaaiiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by madridguy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ok
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2016

16 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by ODVanguard: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2016

19 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by ojnnaco(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
OK
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2016

15 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Azyne(f): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
One of the most useless posts I've seen. Theres no more space in my vocabulary jhare...

4 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Richie0974: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Azyne:
One of the most useless posts I've seen. Theres no more space in my vocabulary jhare...

How many posts have you seen from August 22,? undecided?

13 Likes

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by johnchukky: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
ok
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by somehowpenis(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
This has got to be the most useless thread today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by KenyAyan(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
The Nigeria Internship Fair

Stutern, a platform that provide internship jobs for undergrads and recent grads is excited to announce their 2016 Nigeria Internship Fair. They are actually promising that 1000+ internships will be available and that all candidates will be screened, meaning only the best will be invited to participate. The good thing is that they have success stories and with this fair they can connect top talents with exciting employers, in just 1 day. If you are young (undergrad or recent grad) and still looking for job or internhsip this fair is a promising! Applications for candidates and employers are now opened here - www.stutern.com/fair

All the best. My own two cent.
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Haywhymido(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by DesChyko: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
I guess they've never heard 'Otu' which actually means a lot of things in the slang vocabulary; from 'it': A choro m otu ya
'a girlfriend': Onye ahu bu otu m o '
an insult' : I wugodi nno ezigbo otu
'exclamation': Otu ocha ee

gringrin

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Alhajipablo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Iya e
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Noble4life(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
DesChyko:
I guess they've never heard 'Otu' which actually means a lot of things in the slang vocabulary; from 'it': A choro m otu ya

gringrin
Guy! Malaria Dey Your Body Ooo! Mpagi There...

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by hinohsend: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Azyne:

Iya e!. grin
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by BlackOnassis(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
If someone yells "Iya e!" at you, then it is time to fight. There's just no getting around it, blood must flow. cheesy cheesy
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by NewsPoacher: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Cc: Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

Frontpage undecided
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by milky3(f): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
Naija no go carry last.... last last Semi final we go reach

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by veekid(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
The flat heads pple dem language no follow?
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hausa:
..durin uwaka/dan ce durin uwaka
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

.buran ubanka/ dan ce buran ubanka
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by YonkijiSappo: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Baba e!
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by EpicMaurice(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
DesChyko:

gringrin
guy your head no dey correct grin
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by lukasmuyiwa(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
objection my lords! pls am I allowed to speak vanacular for my next comment
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Opistorincos(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
Let me park my wheel barrow here
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by EmmySparky(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Try the arabic and russian.. Let's see if u survive it

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by NotGej: 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
That your " Iya e" should be replaced with waka. No one knows what that means outside the Yoruba domain. Waka I know.

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 23, 2016
NotGej:
That your " Iya e" should be replaced with waka. No one knows what that means outside the Yoruba domain. Waka I know.

The bolded,says who? undecided
I don't even know what Waka means.

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by ceeSleek(m): 6:33am On Aug 23, 2016
12. Igbo: Okpo
'nitwit' means a lot though, it means a stupid person, it could also serve for a 'dullard'.
Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by DIKEnaWAR: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2016
This is yoruba's contribution to national development; a curse word? With their Lagos and lagoon and a crazed Oba in tow, they only contribute curse words.

No wonder Obasanjo, Tinubu, Bode George, Aregbe rascal, Olamide are all more popular for how they curse others and are quick to degenerate into gutter language when things get hot.

One girl once told me that she stopped dating yo..ruba boys,cos no matter how polished they appear on the surface, they still retain the mentality and disposition of the ordinary Lagos tout.

Iyalaya some people. Seeing how they celebrate this will prove what I have just said. While we celebrate our ugu export and they beef, they are quick to celebrate curse words. Ndi efulefu.

1 Like

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by costandi(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2016
Chaaaaiiiiiii:
ODVanguard:
[img]http://media./media/8rOYgpAcZ625y/giphy.gif[/img]
cool
Afonjas happy to be recognized as insulting...Ndia seff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2016
People are actually rejoicing because white people acknowledged their curse word?

Black man and inferiority complex will never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong / Unilag Post Graduate Tuition Fees / The Most Stressful University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.