Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Quite Hilarious, Wizkid mistaken For A Scammer!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Quite Hilarious, Wizkid mistaken For A Scammer!!! (688 Views)

Linda Ikeji’s Brother-In-law, Emeka, Mistaken For Her Husband-to-be (Photos) / #TBT: Epic Throwback Photo Of Eben Is Quite Hilarious / [hilarious] Wizkid Ex Girl Friend Justine Fires At Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quite Hilarious, Wizkid mistaken For A Scammer!!! by macquis(m): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Joey Akan of Pulse.ng shares the story of a friend of his who met Wizkid at a club, barely knew Wizkid and took him for a scammer. Enjoy:

I once went to Quilox, where I was having a party with some of my friends. We were having a good time, dancing and sharing dirty jokes. All of sudden I feel dizzy, and needed some rest. I found the nearest chair, and dashed for it. Another young man was resting too beside me, and I said ‘hello’ in courtesy.

“Hi how’re you?,” he replied.

“I’m fine. Wild night eh”, yes. I’m just waiting for my manager to finish some business and then we can go home.” He looked visibly tired.

“You mean to say you and your manager at work club together? That’s some nice office culture. Where do you work?” I asked.

There was a puzzled look on his face. “You don’t know me?”

I thought it was rude. I had only just met this stranger, and he expects me to magically know him. Perhaps know his history, and also his mother’s favorite dress.

“Excuse me, I have never met you before, and I can’t remember us being acquainted in any way. Who are you please?”

The perplexed look on his face turned to mild anger, and he said: “You are serious, you don’t know me?

I felt unsafe, and taught I was about to be scammed. I have heard stories of people being ripped off with the ‘familiarization’ technique. This man is a stranger acting like he was entitled to my acquaintance. I have never met him in my life. I felt insecure. So I brought out my phone, and made the threat.

“If you don’t get off me, stranger, I will call security to throw you out. You are making me unsafe.”

The young man was clearly offended and angry now. But I didn’t care. He was trying to scam me. Just then a couple of guys came by and whispered to him that it was time to go. He was still angry, and tried to express it to them.

There was loud music, and he had stood up, so I didn’t hear what he was saying. But they calmed him down, and he followed them out. I simply felt thirsty, and walked back to my crew who were observing the encounter.

“Why did you make Wizkid angry?” one said.

“Wiz….who?” I replied.

“That’s the biggest African musician right now”.

“Oh.” I said. As I reached for the Hennessy and cranberry juice. There were more pressing things on my mind. Like how to get my party back on track, and flush my throat with some alcoholic goodness.

“I don’t know Wizkid, and I don’t f***ing care. Period.”

The whole conversation is quite hilarious.

People are beginning to Label this individual as a Pop illiterate, simply because he didn’t know Wizkid. But should that be the case ? The individual may have just been one who seldom listened to African music or who didn’t fancy music in general at all. Everybody can’t know Wizkid afterall.

By the way I wonder if I’ll recognize Wizkid if I see him in the flesh, without being surrounded by his usual wall of bodyguards. Plus one can’t even tell the real Wizkid from the fake Wizkid these days where you have too many Wizkid look alike and wannabees.

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/08/22/wizkid-taken-as-a-scammer/

Re: Quite Hilarious, Wizkid mistaken For A Scammer!!! by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Quite Hilarious, Wizkid mistaken For A Scammer!!! by Grammywinner: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
This is really funny!!!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Still Remember Tiwa Savage Mum That Teebliz Accused Of Being A Witch / See Top 20 World Highest-paid Actors In 2016 / Photos: Eniola Badmus, Vector, VJ Adams At Industry Nite With CDQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.