Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job (3289 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / A MUST Read..after 2 Years Of A Frustrated Graduate Life. Earning Crazy Is Dope. / I Got My First N-POWER Alert After Seven Months (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dilini(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
After applying for several jobs I subtly considered slowing down considering my job-hunting experience. It wasn't an easy stride going through those unhappy experiences. I had to take up a uniform job back then to augment my savings since I couldn't get a decent job to do after receiving my National Diploma certificate as a PT student. The Uniform Job I got wasn't like that of those who will be at their post as early as 6am and close by 6pm. Mine was like an executive personnel contracted under a security firm. I really enjoyed working with the company I was contracted to work serving as an admin assistant but majorly it has to do with running errands and learning the ethics of working in an admin department. I was compensated with different amount of money as a "thank you" gift which sums up into 10k or more every month. Back then, I started with an 18k monthly take-home pay, worked with them for 4 years. At the end of the 3rd year I was being paid 30k and mind you I was working for ONLY 4 DAYS (i.e Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays). It was while I was working with this company (not the security firm that contracted us) I was able to complete my HND course and did some other Proffessional courses. I was able to rent an apartment well furnished beside other things I achieved while working with this FMCG company I was contracted to work for.
While I was working with them I was also submitting CVs to different companies (although most accepted my application but it was a meagre salary they were offering back them). I didnt give up, submitted Cvs through various platforms like Jobberman, CareersNg, etc. I kept praying. The FMCG company was more like a "man-know-man" kinda employment and the slots for employment were only alloted to the "Big Fish" in the company right from the Head office. The people I was working for tried all they could to get me a slot but it all ended up in futility. I still didnt give up.
Then one day I got an email requiring me to come for an Interview and it had this GNLD look-like email invite (gosh! i hated those mails and text messages) but somehow an inner voice convinced me to attend the interview. I lazily took a bus to the venue and had to find out if truly the interview was real. I saw the building, knocked and was ushered in. i was given a form of which I filled, waited for another one hour while playing with my phone and listening to naija fm. The jamz was dope (by now I don forget say na interview I come, just whiling away time). Had another guy who was well suited sitted close to me. Took one look at him, shook my head and continued playing with my phone.
Another one passed, no one was even saying anything, thought about leaving but somehow I managed to sit my ass down waiting for a call from inside. We were like 15 applicants who came for the interview according to the attendance sheet at the gate and I was even the LAST PERSON to stroll in. Then someone came to where we were sitted and asked us to come in. We entered into a hall that looked like a board room. We had to wait for another 30minutes before the guy sitting next to me was called in. There and then I knew it was not one of those GNLD interviews. Quickly, I opened my opera browser, checked for hints regarding interviews trying to recollect most of the interviews questions I can recollect and master it. I read thru within 5 minutes and I was ready, turb-charged for my call-up. About 25 minutes the guy came out looking somehow but couldn’t figure out why his face was like that. Thought he might have written a GMAT exam within that time he entered. I waited for my turn, no show. I was like “hope shey dem neva forget me sa..”. Took up a piece of paper and pretended to scribble something. Alas! The lady interviewer strolled into the board and called up. I looked and gbagaun!, it was I was ready to be slaughterd. I adjusted my tie, took one good look at my shoe and did a ‘cross’ sign. In I went, was ushered a seat and the drilling begun. She was a bit lenient but somewhat I was wondering why she kept looking straight into my face and smiling. She looked young but had one ring on her left finger. Don’t wanna start messing with my mind about that. The interview session spanned almost an hour; she was just particular about my personal “me” i.e where I live, my parents and sibs, my school, my everything! And the funny part of it she was just asking me where I worship ‘cos she says I look like a pastor. I just smiled. After the whole convo she congratulated me and we shook hands and asked when will I be available to resume. At first I was muttering but somehow regained my consciousness and muttered “By Monday’.. From the way she looked, she was pleased and we shook hands and I left. After two days she called and asked if I got her mail. I didn’t even bother to check and I simply told her “YES”… After she hung up I immediately logged in and saw the mail containing my probationary letter, letter of employment, data form, etc. Damn! I never expected such miracle to happen so quick! After many years of job-hunting I finally landed a job and the salary itself is triple of what I was collecting (including bonuses, fringe benefits and allowances). I even have an office of my own with AC, DSTV, cabinet, my toilet, kitchen, etc…. I’m just so lucky! I guess God was just waiting for the right moment to make me smile. So my own call has been picked!
If you can wait patiently and continue in your jobhunt with the belief that you will land a good job backing it up with prayers the same God who did it for me will surely do it for you… Eccl 3:1-10

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by eph12(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Now you can smile and appreciate life. Been there bro though in another way but I understand

2 Likes

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Dinocarex(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
Congratulations OP
I tap into the grace as well
My testimony is loading!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Just like that?? Hmm. Congrats..

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Donpizzle(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Y do I feel OP is trying to convince/confuse us to fall victim to GNLD messages. Perhaps, OP is a GNLD nigga. tongue
Una don hear am?? Not all interview text messages with referral codes are from GNLD.

Congratulations on your new job.

2 Likes

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lol... Now do well to locate my ministry and drop your tithe...
*singing it shall be permanent * for Op.
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dilini(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
Donpizzle:
Y do I feel OP is trying to convince/confuse us to fall victim to GNLD messages. Perhaps, OP is a GNLD nigga. tongue
Una don hear am?? Not all interview text messages with referral codes are from GNLD.

Congratulations on your new job.

If i tell u how many GNLD interviews i attended you will pity, even fell for one of their scams and paid 11k. Na after two days I later realised I sweet-talked into the 'business'. Those guys no get joy at all
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dilini(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Lol... Now do well to locate my ministry and drop your tithe...

*singing it shall be permanent * for Op.

Me self dey sing "Amen Amen, blessings and glory... which the Lord has given aannd honour..." (continue singing)....
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
dilini:

Me self dey sing "Amen Amen, blessings and glory... which the Lord has given aannd honour..." (continue singing)....

Na now I even sabi the lyrics of this song setf..

Children church sha... lol

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Donpizzle(m): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
dilini:

If i tell u how many GNLD interviews i attended you will pity, even fell for one of their scams and paid 11k. Na after two days I later realised I sweet-talked into the 'business'. Those guys no get joy at all

grin grin grin....these days I dey evn threaten them for phone. I wil be like " if you know you are a GNLD participant just tell me now otherwise I wil get you arrested on confirmation ". kon see confession nah.............. cheesy grin
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Tkayhandsome(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
All of una dey get job, abi na because Seun dey help move una post to Front page? Just asking.

Congrats Op

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by milky3(f): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Congratulations
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by konny1(m): 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
Amen!

Congratulatoons op!!!
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Stevosty: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
They company wey employ you no get name, una don start una usual abi?

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by abimbawealth(f): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ope o...now we can... lipsrsealed
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by okooloyun1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
abimbawealth:
Ope o...now we can... lipsrsealed
Collabo
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Metropolitan: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Oh boy, this your matter deserves that epistle you put up there. Congrats man!
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Congrat buh Ur story long eh, God please pick up my call through NL let me come here soon to glorify u.

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by mhizsimi(f): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Congrats Op
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dilini(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Stevosty:
They company wey employ you no get name, una don start una usual abi?

do u expect me to mention the name of the company here? Come on... that ain't gonna sound nice. My bosses might be NLers and my matter go just ring "gbagaun". Atleast im grateful God answered my prayer this year regarding getting a good job. Yours is on its way

3 Likes

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Oceemo(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
You've been considered for a work briefing on 23/08/2016 by 9am at 56B, Moleye Street, off Herbert Macaulay way, behind Total filling station, Alagomeji, Yaba.A21/3435

Guys help with this looks like one of those msg. u know what I mean
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Lizzieo(f): 12:03am On Aug 23, 2016
dilini:
After applying for several jobs I subtly considered slowing down considering my job-hunting experience. It wasn't an easy stride going through those unhappy experiences. I had to take up a uniform job back then to augment my savings since I couldn't get a decent job to do after receiving my National Diploma certificate as a PT student. The Uniform Job I got wasn't like that of those who will be at their post as early as 6am and close by 6pm. Mine was like an executive personnel contracted under a security firm. I really enjoyed working with the company I was contracted to work serving as an admin assistant but majorly it has to do with running errands and learning the ethics of working in an admin department. I was compensated with different amount of money as a "thank you" gift which sums up into 10k or more every month. Back then, I started with an 18k monthly take-home pay, worked with them for 4 years. At the end of the 3rd year I was being paid 30k and mind you I was working for ONLY 4 DAYS (i.e Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays). It was while I was working with this company (not the security firm that contracted us) I was able to complete my HND course and did some other Proffessional courses. I was able to rent an apartment well furnished beside other things I achieved while working with this FMCG company I was contracted to work for.
While I was working with them I was also submitting CVs to different companies (although most accepted my application but it was a meagre salary they were offering back them). I didnt give up, submitted Cvs through various platforms like Jobberman, CareersNg, etc. I kept praying. The FMCG company was more like a "man-know-man" kinda employment and the slots for employment were only alloted to the "Big Fish" in the company right from the Head office. The people I was working for tried all they could to get me a slot but it all ended up in futility. I still didnt give up.
Then one day I got an email requiring me to come for an Interview and it had this GNLD look-like email invite (gosh! i hated those mails and text messages) but somehow an inner voice convinced me to attend the interview. I lazily took a bus to the venue and had to find out if truly the interview was real. I saw the building, knocked and was ushered in. i was given a form of which I filled, waited for another one hour while playing with my phone and listening to naija fm. The jamz was dope (by now I don forget say na interview I come, just whiling away time). Had another guy who was well suited sitted close to me. Took one look at him, shook my head and continued playing with my phone.
Another one passed, no one was even saying anything, thought about leaving but somehow I managed to sit my ass down waiting for a call from inside. We were like 15 applicants who came for the interview according to the attendance sheet at the gate and I was even the LAST PERSON to stroll in. Then someone came to where we were sitted and asked us to come in. We entered into a hall that looked like a board room. We had to wait for another 30minutes before the guy sitting next to me was called in. There and then I knew it was not one of those GNLD interviews. Quickly, I opened my opera browser, checked for hints regarding interviews trying to recollect most of the interviews questions I can recollect and master it. I read thru within 5 minutes and I was ready, turb-charged for my call-up. About 25 minutes the guy came out looking somehow but couldn’t figure out why his face was like that. Thought he might have written a GMAT exam within that time he entered. I waited for my turn, no show. I was like “hope shey dem neva forget me sa..”. Took up a piece of paper and pretended to scribble something. Alas! The lady interviewer strolled into the board and called up. I looked and gbagaun!, it was I was ready to be slaughterd. I adjusted my tie, took one good look at my shoe and did a ‘cross’ sign. In I went, was ushered a seat and the drilling begun. She was a bit lenient but somewhat I was wondering why she kept looking straight into my face and smiling. She looked young but had one ring on her left finger. Don’t wanna start messing with my mind about that. The interview session spanned almost an hour; she was just particular about my personal “me” i.e where I live, my parents and sibs, my school, my everything! And the funny part of it she was just asking me where I worship ‘cos she says I look like a pastor. I just smiled. After the whole convo she congratulated me and we shook hands and asked when will I be available to resume. At first I was muttering but somehow regained my consciousness and muttered “By Monday’.. From the way she looked, she was pleased and we shook hands and I left. After two days she called and asked if I got her mail. I didn’t even bother to check and I simply told her “YES”… After she hung up I immediately logged in and saw the mail containing my probationary letter, letter of employment, data form, etc. Damn! I never expected such miracle to happen so quick! After many years of job-hunting I finally landed a job and the salary itself is triple of what I was collecting (including bonuses, fringe benefits and allowances). I even have an office of my own with AC, DSTV, cabinet, my toilet, kitchen, etc…. I’m just so lucky! I guess God was just waiting for the right moment to make me smile. So my own call has been picked!
If you can wait patiently and continue in your jobhunt with the belief that you will land a good job backing it up with prayers the same God who did it for me will surely do it for you… Eccl 3:1-10
Wow,am happy for u oooooo.Baba God will pick my call soon also.
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Lizzieo(f): 12:07am On Aug 23, 2016
dilini:
But help us post vacancies when available @ ur place of work here ooooo
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dilini(m): 3:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Lizzieo:
Surely I will, its a guarantee... thanks for the prayers

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by sevantex(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2016
Lizzieo:

You had to quote the whole of Op's post 2wice for this?? undecided Nawa for una oo.
Congrats sir op, more blessings for us all.

1 Like

Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by abimbawealth(f): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2016
okooloyun1:
Collabo
Wetin be collabo? angryWhen i'm not an artiste grin
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Lizzieo(f): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2016
sevantex:

You had to quote the whole of Op's post 2wice for this?? undecided Nawa for una oo.
Congrats sir op, more blessings for us all.
Lol,nah u sabi
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by obajoey(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Surely there is an end, our expectation shall not be cut short. Congrats.
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by Dparagon(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Congratulations to you! So happy for you. God has his own way of lifting us up. Thank God you were patient and never gave up. Best regards
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by clems88(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Congratz Op. Looking forward to my own day. cool
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by dammyshow100: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Am happy for u, mine is next
Re: MUST-READ: After 4 Years Of Jobhunting I Got My Dream Job by bharkarh(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
dilini:

lol! So since all these days, you still never sabi the song. Na wisdom, Thanksgiving, and honour.... Power and might be unto our God...forever and ever...amen! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Job Vacancies In A Reputable IT Firm / Current Vacancies At Quest Oil And Engineering Services Limited, 22nd October, 2 / How To Check INEC Shortlisted Candidates 2020 PDF List Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.